Chapter Seven - "and they told me I don't need to worry."

song OF THE chapter

Better Together - Fifth Harmony

Love is Overated - Shwayze

(I listened to these while writing. They have no relation to the chapter. lol)

~~~~~~~~~

(Monday, September 16th - 13 days/two weeks til the Billboard Awards)

Selena's P.O.V

I got up from the seat I've been in all day, when I stood up my butt felt numb and I was woddling like a penguin.

After me and Harry talked earlier and was told that he was, um, gay, I decided on spending the rest of my day in my home theatre switching between playing video games and watching television. I could've went on for the rest of the day if I didn't let curiosity get the best of me while in the midst of a mission on Gears of War.

I limped my way out of the home theatre- my but still numb and into the kitchen, where I saw Justin making god knows what. Come to think of it, why is he always in my house? That's probably a good thing to ask out loud, I thought bitterly to myself. I shook my head.

"Why are you always in my house when I come out of a room?" I asked Justin.

Justin jumped in surprise and turned around, a hand on his chest. "Don't do that." he breathed out a chuckle.

"Sorry, I didn't realize I had to be a ninja in my own home." I sat down on one of the stools near the counter.

"Oh." he flushed. "I'm sorry, Taylor just invites me over, but would you accept my apology by taking these?" he bowed his head down and held up a plate of chocolate chip cookies.

I giggled as I took the place and set it on the counter. "Thanks." I grinned, "Apology accepted." I grabbed a cookie and split it in half.

Justin took the other half and grinned, nodding.

"Listen, let's do something today, no distractions," I paused, "No Harry, no Taylor." I grinned. I nudged him with my elbow, "Just you and me today."

I waited for Justin to respond while I chewed on my half of the cookie. He pondered for a second or two before nodding his head, agreeing.

"Alright, sounds like fun. Don't think Taylor wanted to do anything today." he shrugged.

"Yeah, wouldn't want to upset Taylor now, would we?" I mumbled, pursing my lips.

Why did everything we talk about now always come down to Taylor. Will Taylor be okay with this? Would Taylor be alright if blah blah blah. I don't get it. This isn't what best friends do. I would know.

Justin was waving his hand in front of my face, trying to get my attention. "Hey, Selena!"

I shook my head and looked at him, properly.

"What's up with you recently? You've just been out of it." he chuckled.

"Nothing, it's just been a bit weird around here recently." I said.

"Alright, cool." Justin paused, "well then let's go." he pulled me off the stool and towards the door.

"Justin what are you doing?" I smiled.

He was still holding onto my wrist, gently, while he grabbed the keys on the little wooden table by the door.

"Justin seriously! Where are we going, I'm still in my pyjamas and you don't even have a shirt on!" I proclaimed.

Justin just shrugged and continued to pull me towards my car. He opened the passenger door and waited for me to get in before he shut the car door and ran to the driver's side.