Chapter Four - "On a scale of 1-10 how bad?"

Song Of The Chapter: Heart Attack - One Direction

•••---•••

(Saturday, September 14th - 15 days til the Billboard Awards)

Selena's P.O.V

I tossed and turn as I struggled to find a comfortable position. I bolted up as soon as I noticed Taylor wasn't in her normal spot, which is sprawled out across the mattress. I walked into my closet and pulled out an outfit that was suitable.

I picked out a pink and grey baseball sweatshirt and black jeans. I made my way into my bathroom and changed. I decided to just leave my hair the way it was, just brush it. I ran a hand through my brushed waves and sighed. I opened the door and was immediately greeted by the smell of bacon and eggs. I graciously sniffed in the glorious smell as I sauntered my way down the stairs.

I was on the last few steps when I heard muffling. I slowly creeped down one step and saw Justin and Taylor chatting away at god knows what.

"So? What do you say on the Billboard Awards?' Taylor asked.

"Are you sure Selena would be okay with it?" He asked, nervously.

"Yeah, why wouldn't she? I mean, you guys want to stay friends right?" She chuckled.

"Taylor, can I tell you something?" Justin asked, stepping closer to her.

Taylor looked up into his eyes and nodded. He put his finger on her chin and his eyes still rested on hers. I slowly inched my way down the stairs, trying to be quiet. I had to be sneaky, and subtle.

Just as Justin opened his mouth, I tripped over my foot and went tumbling down the last two steps. I landed on my stomach and just layed there while Taylor and Justin rushed over to me.

So much for sneaky and subtle..

"Selena! Are you okay? What the hell were you doing?" Justin blabbed.

"Oh, I was walking down the stairs and an invisible man tripped me." I said, sarcastically. Still laying there, too embarrassed to look at either of them.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." Taylor chuckled.

Justin bent down next to me and hugged me.

"Don't worry, you don't look like an idiot. You just look clumsy.. Come on, get up." He spoke, softly.

I smiled at his words but my smile quickly fell as soon as the image of him and Taylor at the table. They looked as if they were about to, kiss?

I grumbled as I put my hands on each side and pushed myself up, lazily. I dusted my pants off and went to the kitchen. I continued walking as I could feel Taylor and Justin's eyes on me.

"What? No 'Good Morning'?" Justin asked, sitting down next to me.

"Morning." I mumbled.

"Not a good morning?" He smiled, innocently.

I turned to look at him with a dead serious face. I moved my head closer to his, still looking him dead in the eyes.

"Your food is burning." I whispered.

I pulled back as soon as Justin's eyes widened and he bolted towards the pan and groaned.

"Well, breakfast's ruined. How about Starbucks?" He asked.

"Honey, it was already ruined before you cooked it." I snapped my fingers, trying my best to sound like Mike Myers.

I looked up to see a confused Taylor and Justin.