Chapter Two - "Can I hear it?"

Song Of The Chapter: Somewhere Only We Know - Keane

Chapter Two - "Can I hear it?"

~~~~~~~~

Selena's P.O.V

I started pacing around the room while my phone rang for the third time.

"Don't answer it. Just keep ignoring it." Taylor said.

I started biting my fingernail, "What if its important?" I said, stopping in the middle of the room.

"He probably just wants a booty call." She huffed.

"I'm gunna answer it." I reached for my phone and clicked answer.

"SELEN-" I put up my finger to silence her.

"Hello?" I said, shyly.

"Hey Selly." His voice rang through the phone.

He must want a booty call since he's calling me Selly. He only called me that when we were dating.

"What do you want?" I said, sharply.

"Woah. Feisty."

"What do you want Justin." I said sternly.

"I heard your album is coming out this week."

"Yeah, your point?" I said, wanting for him to continue.

"Well, I was wondering- maybe, I don't know."

"Justin, what's your angle here? If you're looking for a hookup, you misdialled Miley's number." I heard him chuckle into the phone. I miss his laugh.

"I wanted to know, can I hear it? Your album?"

He wanted to hear my album? Out of all the things I had in mind, didn't see that coming. I heard someone clear their throat, I actually forgot Taylor was there.

"Oh, uhh- y-yeah, sure. Meet me at my studio, you remember where my studio is, right?" I anxiously waited for his reply.

"Yeah, of course. Be there in five, okay?"

"Okay- and Justin..."

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry for, you know- stuff. See you there." Before he could say anything else, I hung up and plopped on the couch and put my face in my hands.

Just then Taylor came and put a hand in my shoulder.

"What'd he say?" She spoke softly.

"He wants to hear my album. I'm meeting him at my studio." I said, almost in a whisper.

"Really? The studio." She held in a laugh, "You don't have to go." she said rubbing my back.

"I want to."

"You know he's just going to use this chance to reel you in." She said.

"It's listening to my album, not going to a club. I'm going to that studio." I got up and grabbed my keys and my phone.

"Just don't let him win, okay."

I nodded and ran out to my car and drove off to my studio. I pulled into the driveway and got out. I saw Justin standing by the door texting on his phone. I put on my aviators and walked up to him.

"Hey." He said, looking up from his phone.

"Hi, come on." I took out my key and unlocked it. I walked in, with Justin following behind me.

"Soooo, I heard you wrote a song about me." He said, smiling cockily

"Do you want to hear it or not?" I crossed my arms.