Chapter 23

I woke up the next morning in a really comfortable place. It was warm and relaxing, safe as well. I opened my eyes and rubbed the sleep out of them. Taking in my surrounding I realized that I was curled up in a ball on Josh's lap, his arms around me. My eyes went wide, I had a boyfriend, I can't be this close to a guy, let alone his best friend. I shifted awkwardly on his lap; I couldn't move, his arms were wrapped tightly and protectively around me, my movement was limited.

I turned my head and looked around. Jaymi was sleeping on the other side of the couch, JJ sprawled across the floor and Harriet on the other sofa. I could feel movement under me and snapped my head to Josh.

"Morning Rose." He whispered sleepily and smiled softly at me. I smiled back and blushed lightly. Concern was written all over his face."How do you feel?"

"Still broken." I whispered and looked at my phone wallpaper. I could've swore I saw Josh's expression change for a split second, but I just brushed it off.

"What about we go for ice cream today? That'll be fun right?" Josh suggested and rubbed my back. I nodded and hugged him tightly, "Thanks for being a great friend Josh." I whispered.

I got off Josh's lap and walked to the kitchen, getting some cereal and fruits out. After spending a few weeks at the X Factor with the boys I had learned that Josh was a big fan of Coco Pops. I made him a bowl of Coco Pops cereal and gave it to him while I settled for fruit.

I could feel arms around my waist from behind and shut my eyes, opening my mouth to say something but was interrupted by a set of lips placed on mine, giving me a sweet kiss.

My eyes went wide at first, was Josh kissing me? No! Couldn't be! I then recalled the feeling of these particular soft lips on mine, it couldn't be!

I pulled away and opened my eyes, "George?" I asked in disbelief as I looked at my adorable boyfriend in sweats, hoodie, and a beanie.

"Yes silly." George giggled and hugged me tightly. I saw Josh from over George's shoulder, I saw something in his eyes that I wished I hadn't seen. Jealousy.

Deciding to ignore what I had discovered, I let happiness fill into me up to the brim. I couldn't believe that he still liked me, Amanda was obviously much more interesting and pretty.

"Why are you here?" I asked with a chuckle as I jumped up on the counter and sat on it in front of George.

"I heard the boys were here! I missed them a lot!" George said and hugged Josh tightly. My face obviously changed completely because Josh who was facing me, hugged George awkwardly and frowned. He didn't come to see me? He didn't miss me? He was gone for a year and only spent one night with me since!

George pulled away from his and Josh's embrace and walked into the living room to wake the others up and greet them. Josh immediately hugged me, sensing my hurt emotions. "I'm sure he came here to see you as well." Josh whispered, rubbing my back.

"I don't know Josh." I whispered shakily and pulled away, running into my room.

10+ COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER!! Xxx