Chapter 19

Rose's P.O.V.

"Amanda?" I mumbled unsurely. Who was Amanda? He never mentioned a girl. I shifted in my position uncomfortably and George could feel me tense up in his arms. I looked at his sisters awkwardly and they returned it with confused faces, as well.

"Amanda is just a close friend, she's really nice. I know you'll love her." George reassured carelessly.

"How did you become friends?" Harriet asked him, knowing I wanted to know the answer.

"We met at a coffee shop, we became friends instantly!" He said smiling. I felt slightly jealous, but then I remembered; that was how we met. I had met him in Sugar Cakes, our coffee shop, and we clicked instantaneously.

If Amanda and George met the way we did, would they end up together. Would he forget about me and find me uninteresting. Was she better than me? Did he like her more?

All these thoughts raced in my head, disturbing the perfect moment I had had with George only a mere five minutes ago. No matter how many times I tried to push these ideas out of my mind, they kept on racing back, haunting me.

I imagined in my head how Amanda looked. I could only conjure a flawless figure. She most probably had an unmatchable body. Her eyes were most likely prettier than mine. I could only imagine them being a sea blue, my dark brown pools would be no match to hers. She would have straight soft blonde locks, my hair would be like a big brown bush in comparison. She would also, no doubt, be thinner. I was going to be almost like an elephant.

The worry must have been showing on my face because George instantly hugged me tighter and I got reassuring looks from his sisters. He obviously had no idea what was rushing through my mind, while Harriet, Louisa and Annabelle could probably read my mind.

"I was wondering if we could have a Disney movie marathon tomorrow?" I asked George, hoping to spend time with him after a year of being alone. I snuggled into his chest, missing the feeling of having his arms around me.

"I'm so sorry, Sugar Cakes, I promised to show Amanda around." He said, biting his lip sadly. I knew he didn't mean to do all this or cause me any sadness, he was the most innocent of angels out there. However, I couldn't help but feel a pang of hurt in my heart.

"I understand." I mumbled, looking down at my hands sadly. I was already feeling pushed away and unwanted. I looked at Annabelle, Harriet and Louisa, their mouths were dropped open in surprise at George's response.

"You have seen your girlfriend in a year and you're already ditching her for another girl?" Harriet snapped, crossing her arms. I didn't want her to voice what I was thinking, I didn't want George, who did so many sweet things for me already, to feel bad.

Instantly a guilty look played on George's usual cheerful face. I covered my face in his chest, it hurt me to see him anything but happy. "Rose, you can come meet her tomorrow." He whispered down at me, I only nodded in response and pecked his lips.

Before I knew it, I was in a deep sleep. My head was on George's lap as he stroked my hair while talking to his sisters. I was having a dream that I would never forget. It caused me so much pain. Amanda had taken my place in the dream, she had won George. In my dream, he was so mesmerized by her, that he instantly forgot about me.

But I knew that I meant something to him, Amanda wasn't going to pull us apart.