Chapter 18

Rose's P.O.V.

It has been a year. A whole year since I have last seen George. His departure was heartbreaking for me. However, I had to let him go live his dream. Both of us were too busy to fly from London to Bristol and vice versa. I had university, which I wanted to focus on and he obviously had to work with the band.

George would text and call me every night at the end of our days. We both spend the whole night just talking to each other. But there were also those days where one of us was busy, we wouldn't talk during those days.

I spent most of my days either studying, hanging out with new friends I had made or spending my day with George's family. His family and I had grown very close. His sisters and I did almost everything together and I went shopping with his mum. I also visited his dad sometimes as well as playing with Leo and Archie.

My friendship with Jaymi, JJ and Josh was as strong as ever. We also texted and phoned each other when we could. I skyped all four of the boys a few times when we were both completely free on the weekends.

Christmas was nearing and George had told his family and I that he wouldn't be able to come home due to the release and promotion of Union J's album. We were completely supportive of his choice even if it did pain us.

It was the 23rd of December, George's sisters were sleeping over at my house. We were all sprawled on the couches in our pajamas at almost 11 pm in my living room. I had my university book with me, studying despite the fact that we were on Christmas break. Harriet was on twitter while Annabelle and Louisa were watching a movie on my TV.

I was distracted from my studying because we were all chatting. The doorbell rang and I expected it to be the food we had ordered. So I got up and stretched while chuckling. I had my book in one hand as I walked to the front door.

I opened the door and dropped my book. Squealing I jumped into the person's arms. George was here! The arms I had longed to be in for a whole year wrapped around me, hugging me tightly.

"I missed you!" I said, embracing him like there was no tomorrow.

"I missed you too, Sugar Cakes." George whispered in my ear. I had finally heard the voice I craved to hear in real life in such a long time.

"George!" Annabelle, Harriet, and Louisa shouted, coming to the front door. I pulled away from him and he was immediately engulfed in a group hug from his sisters.

He came into the house after that scene. A wide smile of pure happiness didn't leave both our lips. I yearned for the feel of his lips on mine after all this time, but I certainly wasn't going to do that. As if by request, George wrapped his arm around my waist when we were both sat on the couch and pressed his soft lips with mine.

I melted into his arms, smiling into the kiss. "I love you Sugar Cakes." George mumbled after he pulled away. He pressed his forehead to mine and smiled sweetly.

Only at that minute had I realized how much being without George hurt me. I missed how his brown hair was always in perfect waves. I missed how his gorgeous brown eyes would look into mine with so much love. I missed how your soft pink lips always held the reassuring familiar smile. I missed you so much and it pained me.

An hour passed with the sisters and I telling George countless stories of what we had been doing throughout the year. Louisa, Annabelle, and Harriet made sure to tell George every detail about all the embarrassing things I had done while he was gone.

This only caused the laughter of the others and my blushing. "You are so cute." He said, giggling. I pecked his nose and giggled along with him.

He also told us about his adventures with the boys in his new found world of fame. It all seemed so exciting and eventful. I had obviously heard most of these stories, due to us having phone calls every night.

"I brought Amanda with me." George said carelessly. Amanda? I had definitely not heard that name before.