Chapter 12

Rose's P.O.V.

I loved him. My sobbing seized once I had realized this, but it began once again once I had I thought of what Ella would do to me. Not to mention the fact that George probably didn't love me back. George whispered soothing words into my ear until I had stopped crying and looked up at him.

"What's wrong, Sugar Cakes?" He asked softly.

I contemplated whether to confess or not. I didn't want him to worry, nor did I want Ella's bullying to increase.

I sighed before replying, "I-it's Ella. She and the other girls have been bullying me for the past week."

"Why didn't you tell me? What did they say?" He demanded, his voice filled with concern and anger.

"I wanted you to concentrate on your singing." I mumbled, resting my head on his chest. "They said I wasn't pretty and you don't want to be my friend."

All George did was gape at the information I had told him. He then tightened his grip around me and pulled me closer. "Rose, you are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen, I am so lucky to have you in my life. You are amazing, funny and incredible."

My head shot up to look at him. His words touched my my heart and I instantly felt a lot better. How have I not realized that I loved him before this moment? He was the sunshine in the darkness.

"Thanks George, I love you." I whispered, smiling up at him.

"I love you too." He whispered back kissing my forehead. We were just best friends, nothing more and I hated it. I longed for him to hold me like this at all times not just when I felt sad. I craved for his warmth, but alas, it was not meant to be.

"Union J on in five minutes!" The loudspeaker announced. I untangled myself from George's embrace and stood up. I stuck out my arm and helped George up.

"I've ruined your shirt, it's wet. I'm so sorry George." I apologized, biting my lip.

"Don't worry, it doesn't really show, let's go." He said, smiling. He took my hand and entwined our fingers. I really did not know how George felt about me. We did act like a couple sometimes, but does that mean he likes me in that way? Or is it just because we've grown so close it felt okay to him?

"George, Rose! Ella got disqualified!" Josh informed us. He motioned his head to Ella who was sitting in the far away chair, crying.

"How come?" I asked. I was happy she was gone and wouldn't harm me anymore, but I felt bad for her. This was her dream and she wasn't able to accomplish her goal. She was a good singer, despite her unreasonable actions, I felt sorry for her.

"Apparently, she had skipped all her rehearsals except for one of them. Everyone's been saying she's been on her phone all week and forgot about the competition." Jaymi explained. I looked at George and he quickly understood me.

Ella had spent all her time sending me hateful texts and embarrassing me that she missed rehearsals. At least she had learnt her lesson, even if it was through a tough way. Nothing good comes to bullies.

JJ looked at me curiously and inspected me. Just before they had to get on stage he whispered to me, "Have you been crying Rose?" He pointed at George's wet stain on his shirt and gave me a concerned look. I smiled and shook my head, he nodded back and hugged me quickly then ran on stage with the boys.

They performed their song perfectly and I couldn't help but admire George's looks. It would never work out with him but a girl can dream. He had perfect facial features and had a wonderful personality. His hair was soft and wavy, his eyes were a perfect shade of brown. I had to stop having these thoughts about him, we obviously will never be together.

"See you in next week boys for the next Live Shows!" Louis Walsh announced meaning the boys had made it through!

They ran off of stage excitedly and I smiled excitedly at all of them. They were doing it, they were living their dream. George engulfed me in a huge hug which I happily accepted and returned.

"You did great, as usual!" I praised, squeezing him.

"I was so nervous! Come, I want to show you something!" George said taking my hand and pulling me out backstage and in the hallways.

George took lefts then rights and opened doors until we had reached our destination. It was a little pond that had orchids floating on the surface.

"This is what I like to call the 'Secret Garden', it's nice isn't it?" He said as he took my hand and sat us in front of the lake.

Fairy lights hung on the trees around us and gave the dark night a pretty glow. The moon's reflection was on the pond and lanterns illuminated our faces so we could see each other.

"It's beautiful!" I said, speechless. It truly looked magical.

"Rose, I can't take this any longer." George said, he then........