Chapter 15

Rose's P.O.V.

"We're sorry boys, you're out." The judges announced with sorrow. Union J were loved by both judges and contestants a well as the audience. Their decrease in the amount of votes surprised everyone and the room that was silent, erupted in shouts of disagreement.

I couldn't imagine how the boys felt. My heart was shattered and I felt like crying, I bet that was nothing compared to how they were feeling. They thanked the judges and walked off the stage quietly. I could almost see their eyes glistening as they neared me.

I felt a pang of hurt in my heart when George walked over to me, eyes brimming with tears. I put my arms around him as he cried into my shoulder. Seeing George in this state made me want to burst in tear, however, I had to stay strong.

"George, are you okay?" I asked the obvious question once his tears had seized. I looked around for Jaymi, JJ and Josh but could not find them.

"I failed my dream." George said, looking up at me pouting.

"No you didn't, don't beat yourself up. I know something big is going to happen to Union J, you just have to believe." I whispered, giving him a small smile. He nodded and hugged me tight before leaning in and kissing me softly.

"That means I won't be able to see the boys anymore, we all live in different places and have to go back to how we used to be before the X Factor." George mumbled sadly into my hair.

"You and the boys have such a strong bond, I'm sure you will still be best friends. You all have a huge future ahead of you, this isn't the end of Union J, George." I reassured him.

~Two Days Later~

"You're all such great friends of mine, thank you." I said embracing Josh, JJ and Jaymi each individually. We all stood in front of our different terminals.

"We'll be seeing you and George soon, don't you worry!" Josh said and I nodded, smiling at the close friends I had made. I backed away and let George have his moment with them.

They all got into a group hug and I heard a few murmurs along the lines of, "You are the best friends I've had." and "We'll miss you." or "You're all like my brothers."

George then shared a smile and final hug with them and stepped back to me. He took my hand and we waved at JJ, Jaymi and Josh before boarding our plane back to Bristol.

Throughout the whole trip, George kept quiet. Only nodding or shaking his head when needed. However, he kept my hand firmly in his and would occasionally squeeze it reassuringly. I didn't try to make him speak, feeling that he needed time to think.

Even when we had arrived back in Bristol, his hand only left mine to hug his family member, soon enough, his hand found it's way back. His mouth was shut again, only giving short responses.

I went with George back to his home and made sure he was fine before telling him he should sleep for a while. I kissed his cheek then left the room. Immediately, his family asked me all sorts of questions concerning how he was feeling, which I answered sadly. They, too, had noticed George's change in speech. His usual chatty self was turned into a quiet person hiding in a shell form the world.

I was dropped off at my house by Toni, who was as concerned about her son as I was. She tried to lighten up the mood by speaking about George and I's relationship and how happy she was for us, which I was pleased about.

~A Week Later~

It has been a week and George still hasn't spoken. He refused to exit his room all week and never speaks to anyone. I tried knocking on his door once everyday, no such luck. I was very worried something dreadful had happened.

I also felt hurt that George was ignoring me and refusing to see me, or anyone for that matter. I shouldn't though, I knew he was going through a hard time and I should respect that. But I wanted to help, to hug him, kiss him and make him feel better. Him refusing to let me into his room made me feel like he didn't want the help I was offering.

I have been hearing from George though, everyday he would send me both good morning and goodnight texts with an "I love you. X" in the end, but that was it. Nothing about how he was feeling or how he was doing. He wouldn't reply to any of my other texts or calls.

I did, however, visit the rest of the Shelley's everyday to check how they were coping with the sudden change in George's ways. They all welcomed me with open arms and even let me stay over some nights in Harriet's room, so if George decided he wanted to see someone I would be there with his family.

His mum left him breakfast, lunch and dinner outside his bedroom door which he would eat. But what worried me, was that he refused to eat sometimes. My sleep time was minimized and I rarely could fall asleep due to my worry. When I stay over, I hear the strumming of George's guitar in the middle of the night that no one else heard. His singing voice had vanished and only the sound of the chords was heard.

I was in Harriet's room, hanging out with her. I was spending the night and decided to check up on Josh, Jaymi and JJ, whom I haven't heard from since our departure. Harriet was in the shower and I picked up my phone to call them.

I called Josh first and he seemed fine, still a bit affected but was okay. I comforted him for a while before asking him what has been happening in his life and he told me then asked the same in return. I told him the whole George affair and he was devastated, being the closest person in the band to George. Josh advised me to keep trying to get George out of his room and talking as hard as I can. I thanked him and said goodbye and told him to text me if he just wanted to talk.

I called JJ and Jaymi and they told me the same things, they were all happy and getting on with their lives normally, even if there was a bit of sadness in them. They were also sad about how George was dealing with it and advised me to the do the same thing Josh said. They said they would text me to chat later and I thanked them and ended the call.

~2 AM~

It was now in the middle of the night and I still had no luck with falling asleep. Black circles were evident around my eyes and my cheeks were constantly red out of tiredness. I got out of the make-do bed I was sleeping in that was made of a spare mattress and many blankets and pillows. I felt very thirsty and quietly slipped out of Harriet's room as to not wake her up. I tip toed to the stairs, I passed by George's room and stopped in front of it, just staring. I frowned and continued walking to the staircase silently.

"Rose?" A quiet, tired, hurt voice croaked.

 4+ VOTES AND 4+ COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER!!!! LOVE YOU!!!! XXX