C h a p t e r 18

"STOP IT JAY !" I screamed to the top of my lung as he chased me around the house . "No I want to give you this daddy dick ." He said pulling me into his chest . Pulling away he looked down on me kissing my forehead . "You do know you my baby right ?" He said hugging me tighter . "Yes ." I laughed standing on my tippy toe kissing his lips . Hearing his phone go off he sighed pulling it out the answer . "Hello ?" He said moving away from my lips to my neck leaving hickeys on it . "Okay , thank you ." He said hanging it up . "Who was that ?" I asked frowning up as he stopped walking away from me . "She's in labor . She was rushed to the hospital a while ago , her blood pressure was up again ." He sighed grabbing his keys . "I'll go get Quan from your mom house ." He agreed as I followed him out the house .

Getting into our cars , we pulled off going different ways . After twenty minutes I was pulling up in the yard I beeped my horn letting them know I was here . "Hey mom ." Quan said getting into the passenger seat . "Stop calling me that ." I laughed driving to the hospital . "I mean you care for me like I'm your son unlike my real mom ." He rolled his eyes playing GTA on his phone . "I can't speak for your mom but you shouldn't be mad at her . She just made poorly decisions with her life that's all . Just remember she's always love you ." He nodded his head as I pulled up to the hospital .

// Javonte Miller //

Only thing was going through my head was making sure my son was okay . Running into the front I asked for her . "Room 502 , first room to your right ." She said popping her gum before looking up at me . Thanking her I rushed to the room . Once I got there I open the door to see her laying in the bed with her eyes close . "Baby ." I said low as her skin looked pale .

She slowly opened her eyes look over at me . "Yea ." She cough up . Damn . Pulling a chair up I sat next to her pulling her right hand onto my lap rubbing it . "What happen here ?" I questioned pointing to the red marks on her neck . "Nothing ." A tear came out her as she tried to calm her blood pressure down . "Stop fucking lying . Tell me ." I growled narrowing my eyes at her . "Reggie and I got to a argument earlier nothing serious ." She shrugged closing her eyes again . "Nothing serious ? He could have killed you and the baby . YES THE FUCK IT IS SERIOUS !" I yelled getting up from the bed mad . "Where that pussy nigga at ?" I was all types of mad . I never liked that nigga , and for him to put Lauren and my son in that situation he had a death wish over his head right now . "Baby it's not -." She stopped breathing again . "Get a doctor ." Was all she said before her breathing machine started beeping very fast . Five nurses came rushing in . Everything was a blur .

"Sir put this on ." One of the male nurses said handing my blue scrubs to put on .

* * * *

"Stay awake Lauren ." The nurse said shaking Lauren as her eyes started to close . I was starting to panic as the moment of seeing her like this . She pushed one last time before our son came out crying , then he stopped . "Take care of our babies , Jay ." Lauren said low looking at me with a weak smile before closing her eyes . "No , baby wake up ." The female nurse said under her breath noticing her line went dead . A tear rolled down my eyes staring down at Lauren now unconscious body . Damn . "Rush him into the ER he stopped breathing ." A male nurse said placing our son onto a small rolling bed . "Sir , I'm sorry ." The female nurse said looking up to me in sorrow . I was so mad , like words couldn't explain right now . Storming out the room to the waiting room where Quan and Angel was sitting . Taking a seat beside Angle I looked down at the ground with my head down .

"What happen ?" Angel said rubbing my back . Flinching away I put my hand over my face breaking down crying . "Why me ?" I asked Angel as she hugged me close . "WHY !" I screamed out not caring if people were looking at me . I didn't want to talk , just someone to hold me . My first love was gone all because of them niggas and my son life in danger . At this point I'm out to kill anyone who come my way . "Family of Lauren Taylor ." A deep voice said . "Here sir ." Angel said . "I'm sorry for the lost of Ms . Taylor . But little guy will make it through . His pressure was very low ." He said .

"Is he going to be okay to come home soon ?" She asked rubbing my back still . "Since he is a premature baby we would have to hold him for a couple weeks until he can function properly . In the meantime what do you want to name him ?" Looking up to see Lauren's doctor . "Jay ?" Angel looked at me , so did Quan . Pulling out my phone I went to my messages with Lauren . "Jaycee Lamar Eliza Miller . She said if something was to happen to her she want him to get her middle name ." I said low looking at my phone with shaking hands . "It's okay ." She brought Quan and I into a hug . "She's in a better place ." She mumbled rocking us as we lost a piece of ourselves .