C h a p t e r 6

"Amen ." We all said in a union . Opening my eyes I started filling my plate up with food as they passed it down to us . "Where are Austin and Connor ?" Mom asked looking a little concerned . "They'll be back , just a little talking ." Danny said cutting his eyes at me . "How school been ?" I changed the subject . "Wonderful , I got a 5.0 GPA and the top of my class . I have a scholarship in band and basketball , Duke sent me a letter the other day wanting me to go to their school ." He smiled putting a spoonful of mac and cheese in his mouth . "I was wondering if I can stay with you or put you down on my papers ." He added . "Of course , I wouldn't mind at all . What about you ?" I laughed looking over at Brianna who was kinda shocked I caught her off guard . "Great , thanks for asking . I'm going to UBC and I got scholarships in band and basketball as well ." She said looking away blushing . "That's very far . How will y'all work things out ?"

I really didn't want to be in their business but they going to be in different countries . "Well once she has our child they going to be staying at Mom's house and we will see each other on our breaks ." Danny said fast drinking his soda . Looking over at Mom as she turned red before getting up from the table . "Congrats . How far are you ? " I tore apart my chicken placing it in my mouth . "One month ." She said getting up from the table . Nodding my head I went back to eating . Now I see why Mom been rushing me to have kids lately . Both her sons about to have kids and I'm over here twenty - five with none . I mean I don't want to have my son or daughter with just anyone . I want to be married then have my kids .

// Javonte Miller //

"Damn Lauren ." I paced across the floor with my hands over my face . "Why would you do that to me ? You know I don't like her ." She whined crying . "Ain't nothing happen ." I yelled stopping in front of her . "I don't want her around Quan ." Lauren said crossing her arms across her chest . "You can't tell me what the fuck I can and can't do . Girl you don't mean shit to me ." I slightly yelled pacing the floor again before stopping in front of my walk in closet facing away from her . "This is the main reason . Every time she came around you , you would disrespect me and hurt my feelings ." She said low sniffing . Turning around to her mugging her I turned back around . "You don't think you hurt my feelings when you was fucking my nigga . Huh ? That's what I thought . Mane he might not even be my son knowing yo hoe ass ." I looked at her .

I know Quan is my son for a fact , I just wanted her to feel bad . I could care less about her ass with all the shit we went through . "That was six years ago and you still bringing it up . I had too many drinks and one thing leads to another ." She yelled getting up from the bed walking over to me . "FUCK ALL OF THAT ! You telling him how you didn't love me and using me was always a part of you being drunk too ." I got in her face trying best not to hit on her . "Just leave . Please and don't come back ." I said calmly closing my eyes . "I'm pregnant ." She said low playing with her fingers . I looked her up and down before laughing . We fucked a couple weeks ago no string attached , and I think that's the reason for all this clingy shit from her . "It's not mine ." I laughed shaking my head . "I didn't mess with no one else around that time . Jay just believes me ." Rolling my eyes I asked her how long is she . "Four months ." Pulling up her shirt I saw her little bump .

"I want a test after you give birth ." I wasn't playing because I am damn if I have to father another nigga kid . Nodding her head she turned around leaving out the room limping a little . I glanced over at my nightstand to see Angel's necklace . Sighing loud I sat down on my bed trying to calm down . I need to see her again .

// Angel Smith //

Hearing a loud boom I got up from the bed . "Connor ." I whispered pushing him to wake up . "What , damn ." He groaned in his sleepy voice rubbing his eyes . "I heard something ." I said grabbing my gun taking the safety off . "You probably hearing shit , go back to sleep ." After he said that I heard another noise making both of us look toward the door . "Fuck ." He groaned getting out the bed slipping on his basketball shorts and black Nike socks . Fixing my spandex and white t shirt I glanced over at Connor who now had his gun out . "I bet nothing happen , they probably dropped shit on accident ." He said slowly unlocking the door opening it slow peaking out . Walking out the room he went downstairs as I checked each room to make sure everyone was okay . Going into Danny's room he was sleeping . Closing the door I went to Austin's to see him not there . My heart was beating very fast scared of what was going on . Turning around I came face to face with a tall masked man with all black on .

He covered my mouth from screaming , kicking him in his dick he groaned leaning forward . Aiming my gun I shot him twice in the head before more gunshots went off . Running to the room I closed the door locking it . "Open the door ." Danny yelled banging on the door , opening it him and Melissa came running in . "What's going on ?" I asked breathless trying to keep calm . He kept quiet jogging over to the window .

// Austin Smith //

"Baby ." Melissa said shaking me . "Huh ." I said in a sleepy voice turning over to her . "Can you please go downstairs and get me some ice cream and pickles ." She begged to look over at me . She looks so cute when she beg for Daddy to get her something . I never understood why she like eating these weird unhealthy shit while pregnant with our daughter . Getting out the bed I opened the door walking downstairs to the kitchen . Grabbing the pint of vanilla ice cream and a jar of pickles placing them on the counter . Closing the fridge I froze as I felt something on the side of my head . "Move again and I will blow yo motherfucking head ." His voice sounds familiar but I couldn't put my tongue on it . Knocking the gun out his hand I punch him dead in his jaw flying back into the counter . "What's up bitch nigga ?" I laughed squaring up , we started fighting .

Another nigga came up kicking me in the stomach . Leaning forward I groaned in pain . "Anything you want to say ." The guy said aiming the gun at me getting ready to pull the trigger . Closing my eyes tight I heard three gun shots going off . Opening on of my eyes I pat myself wondering if they shot me . Looking up I saw Connor hold the gun in his hand looking tired and confused just like me . Both the guys were laying on the floor in a puddle of blood surrounding them . "Where is Angel ?" I said stepping over their dead bodies . "I saved yo ass and the only thing you can say is where is Angel ." He mugged me leaving out the kitchen going up the stairs . "Thanks ." I said following him up the stairs . There was another guy masked man laying on the floor with blood coming out . Kicking the door down to Angel's room I saw Danny , Melissa , and her in a corner . "Let's go , it's not safe ." I said as they got off the floor following behind us .

" I said as they got off the floor following behind us

Melissa Smith ^

// Angel Smith //

"What happen , who where them guys ?" I asked . All of us was not in the car riding away from the house . "A couple weeks I got into this mess with some niggas over West and they been after me since . We are going to chill at my nigga house tonight and go back to pack our stuff ." Austin said looking in the rear mirror up at us . Pulling in a drive through of a big house we got out walking up to the house . Austin knocked on the door stepping back waiting for someone to answer . A short light skin woman open the door with a silk blue robe wrapped around her . "Hey ." She said weakly smiling at us before letting us into the house . We walked to the living room to see a tall dark skinned man with dreads . "Hey Melissa , Danny ." The guy said smiling at them . "Mark this is my baby sister Angel and her friend Connor ." Giving us a smile he walked over stopping in front of me .

"You look just like your mom ." I blushed thanking him . "There are rooms upstairs , make yourself feel like home ." Mark said walking over to the lady who open the door for us . Going up the stairs Connor and I found a room next to the guest bathroom . Going in he locked the door before pulling the bed sheeting back and stripping himself down to his boxers . I could see his manhood . Giggling he looked up at me confused . "Go to sleep ." He said . Walking over to the bed I took off my hoodie and shoes getting into the bed . He wrapped his arm around me making me feel warm . Closing me eyes I soon fell asleep .