C h a p t e r 11

// Angel Smith //

"You have to go to it Javonte ." I said trying to push him out of the bed . It has been a whole week since everything went down . The FEDS questioned me a couple days ago about the missing of Kobe but I acted like I didn't know . Javonte has been coming over to my house taking care of me making sure I'm okay . No, we not together or messing around . "I told you already I not going to it ." He crossed his arms over his chest not moving . "I'll go with you . Would you like that ?" Cutting his eyes at me , he got up from the bed walking to the door . "Get dress then ." He smiled turning back to me before walking out the room . Ugh , he's going to be the death of me .

After taking a shower , I decided to wear a long a white t shirt , black skinny jeans , army jacket , and my spiky timbs along with my jewelry and black African head wrap . I don't like wearing makeup , so I just put on some lip gloss . Jogging down the stairs I saw Jay sitting on the couch scrolling through his Instagram . Snatching his phone , I walked up to my body mirror posing and taking a picture . Jay came up behind me wrapping his arms around my waist . Snapping a couple more before handing back his phone . "Ready ?" I spoke . "Yea ." With that , I locked up my house before going to his car .

* * *

"Where is Quan , Jasmine , and your mom ?" I asked flipping through radio stations . "They set up the baby shower along with her mom and friends ." Laying my head back onto the seat I listen to the smooth music as he drove to the place . Twenty minutes later he pulled up . Getting out the car , we walked up to the building going inside . The place was beautiful with the baby blue decoration . "Guess it's a boy ." I said looking up at him . He didn't say anything noticing Lauren and a older version of her was staring us down . "Why did you bring her here ?" Lauren said mugging me . "Be happy I showed up . She made me come here so don't be acting like that ." He said eyeing her down before leaving us three .

"And who may you be ?" The other woman said mugging me too . "Angel ." I said looking back at Jasmine playing with some little kids . "Between you and I , Javonte don't want no girl like you . He like his girls slim thick , not fat . Honey , I got his heart and it's only one thing he wants from you ." Lauren said . "I don't want Jay . The way him and Jasmine talk they don't like you . And if he still have the love for you , he would have came an hour ago ." I said walking away from the two . I didn't have time for the drama and bullshit . Wait until you give birth then talk yo shit and maybe , just maybe I'll give you the spotlight and fight ya ass . "Hey girl ." Jasmine ran up hugging me . "How you been ?" She asked taking a seat grabbing a couple of strawberry soda . "I've been doing fine lately ."

"What was all of that over there with Lauren and her evil ass mom ." Jasmine looked over at me as I rolled my eyes . "I don't entertain hoes . She really thinks Jay is all over her just because they knew each other since high school and got two kids together ." It was true . She thinks I give a damn that they had history together or sons together . Like bitch you feel threaten that he spent more time with me than yo ass . "Girl you a mess ." She laughed pushing my shoulder . Looking up I saw Lauren busting into tears as Jay talked to her . "What do you think he said ?" Jasmine asked putting her cut onto the floor . "I don't even know ." Seeing Jay walked over to us , he stopped in front of me . "Let's go ." Getting up from the chair I looked over at Jasmine who was confused .

* * * *

"Shit ." I groaned feeling my lower stomach hurting . "You okay ?" Jay came into the room placing my meds and water on the night stand . "Yea . Can you give me my pills ." I hold my hands out as he placed the pills into my hands . "Want to go out to eat ." Jay said looking over at me . "Oh my god Javonte Deandre Miller asking me on a date ," I said jumping up from the bed running around the room . "No nigga . I'm just want to go get something to eat . I guess you don't want to come ." He said walking out the room .

"Okay okay sorry , let me get my shoes ." Grabbing a pair of my white vans and my phone I followed him down the stairs and out the house to his car . "Where are we going anyway ?" I said looking at the sunset . The purple , blue , pink , and orange colors looked so pretty together . "Don't worry , just talk to me what happen over the years since I last saw you in school ." Closing my eyes , I took a deep breath letting it out . "I graduated and went to law school . While there I met um a guy named Connor . We had an on and off relationship until I officially broke up with him after he was playing double lives with another girl ." I glanced up to see Jay kinda tensed . Grabbing his hands making him look up at me . "He was the one I saw at the court house ." Nodding my head I saw him become less tensed .

"I took him with me to see my mom for Christmas dinner . I found out Austin and him used to do business together . Some guys broke into Austin's house so we had to move into his new one , later on that night we went to my mom's to open presents and stuff . One of my cousins I didn't like spoke and said her fifteen year old teen and one month old baby is the kids of Connor ." I couldn't hold back my tears as they started falling down my face . "Stop crying baby girl ." Jay said wiping away my tears from my tears . "It just hurt that I was lied and cheated on that I took him back and he did the same thing ." I moaned out trying to calm my rapid breathing down . "Look at me ." Jay said turning me towards him . "Don't let that nigga or any nigga make you cry , he's full of shit for not seeing what's really in front of him . If it wasn't meant to be then it wasn't ."

Wiping the last bit of my tears I smiled a little look at him . "Never would've thought Javonte Miller would see me at my worse ." I said looking down at my shaky hands . "Baby girl the least I can do is listen and help you ." He lifted my chin up staring into my eyes . "Come on , I know you hungry ." Chuckling to myself a little we got out the car . "This is beautiful ." I was amazed . There were a bunch tables and couples sitting down talking and chatting under a straw tent like the roof . There was a candle like on each table on top of a pretty dark red table cloth . "Follow my lead ." Grabbing Jay hand , he walked me over to this one table in the middle of the floor . "Thank you ."

I said as Jay pulled the chair out for me . Taking a seat across me he snapped his finger as two waiters came placing two plates in front of us . "I didn't know if I should ask you what you like so I just got something expensive off the menu ." Removing the top from the plate I looked down at the food , smiling as the smell hit my nose . "Chicken Alfredo would be fine ." He raised his eyebrows . Nodding my head I swirl the creamy noddles around my folk putting it into my mouth . "This is so good ." I mumbled enjoying the food as it literary melt in my mouth . Hearing him laughed I rolled my eyes grabbing my glass of wine . " Carménère ."

"I quit my job at the office . It's this new place that just got build downtown and I want to go apply for it ." I said putting my glass down . "That sound good . Want me to get the rest of your stuff from the old place ." Nodding my head we went back to eating . Once we was done we order a big chocolate cookie with a big a big scoop of chocolate ice cream . "Come ." He said getting up from the table . Following him out to his car , we got in and left . "I never asked you how was your life after you graduated ."

"Well the day of the graduation Lauren told me she was three months pregnant . Soon she gave birth to Quan and we was like one of those couple goals . My uncle passed away when I was twenty , I took over his business . Nothing major in my life really ." I turned the radio up as trap house 3 started playing . "I told partner to bring the pressure . Apply some pressure to the jack . I got a thousand keys uncut, nigga .Guaranteed I make this money stack, nigga " I rapped along to the words . "Nigga you not bout that life ." Jay pushed my shoulder . "Mane we can get out this car and square up . It is what it is ." I shrugged my shoulders . He stopped the car taking his seat belt off getting out the car . Getting out too he came around to my side of the car squaring up . "What's up little nigga ." He said knuckling and bucking . Pushing him , he picked me up swinging me around . "STOP , PUT ME DOWN !" I screamed hitting his back .

"Nah you was talking all that shit . What happened to that ?" He smacked my ass making me moan in pain . "Okay , okay I'm sorry ." I cried out . Putting me down I hit him in the chest . "And to think I was going to take you out to Frankie's with me ." Mugging me he went to his side of the car getting in . "No no Jay stop playing with my emotions . I want to go with you ." I whined . "Okay ugly ." He laughed starting the car back up .