Chapter 18

Three Years Later (Counting the three months)

"Mommy," A tiny voice whispered before there was poking in my cheek. I bit back my smile and pretended to be asleep. The voice whined, poking my cheek over and over and over again. I jumped up snatching the little boys body lightly placing him on the bed before I began tickling him. He squealed in surprise, giggling wildly as I continued my tickling assault.

"Mommy, s-stop!" Caiden cried through his giggles. I stopped, letting the poor boy catch his breath. Caiden was my two and three month year old baby boy. I had him in exactly the ninth month of my pregnancy. Giving birth was excruciatingly painful, but it was worth it when I set my eyes on my baby boy for the first time. I absolutely loved him to death.

I had stayed with Anne for the first year of his life. After I managed to save enough up for a nice, small apartment. I ended up selling my old house, considering it was left in my dads will to give it to Jake and then me. That helped with buying the apartment. I didn't bother with renting it. It was Caiden and I's home and it made my heart swell every time I thought that.

I was glad Caiden had his grandmother, considering he didn't have either grandfather, no uncles or aunts, and no father. It hurt every time to think that but it was the sad truth. I tried calling Harry again after I had Caiden, but like expected he didn't answer. I gave up that time for sure. I haven't tried to call him in two years. And every time I heard he was with someone new on the news I mentally shot him in the head. There he was living the life, while he didn't know he had a son. And I'd like to keep it that way. He didn't deserve to know.

I didn't listen to One Direction music, I refused. I never wanted to hear his voice again. As for Niall, he called maybe twice in that last two years. And even though it was only twice, it meant a lot to me. It meant he thought about me and that made me happy. But I didn't tell him I had a kid. No one needed to know. Just Kale and Anne.

I had gotten a new job as a book editor. It payed very well and I loved it. It was something I always wanted to do. Despite me not going to college, the COO there was very impressed with my work and hired me. I couldn't have been happier. Nothing has happened so far in the last two years and I could only hope it stayed that way. After what Zach had done, I started taking boxing classes. I have been since I gave birth to Caiden. I was happily in shape and could at least protect my boy if it came down to it.

"Grandma called," Caiden said, playing with my hair that was draped over his face. He was so cute, a spitting image of Harry. The curls around his head framing his face. Which consisted of chubby cheeks and full lips that came from me. He got Harry's eyes that were slightly more blue. All in all he was the most handsome boy I'd ever seen.

"She did?" I said, sitting down and pulling him on my lap. I was used to Caiden answering the phone. He figured out how to do that a little over a month ago. Only Anne and Kale called me so there was no harm in him answering. He was a smart little bugger for two years.

"Yeah she wants us to come over at three," He said, looking up at me with his big eyes. I leaned down, pecking his little lips causing his nose to scrunch up in a adorable way. Something I loved that he did. Anne asked us to visit at least three times a week. She absolutely adored Caiden, probably more than I did. He was a well mannered child but shy around people he didn't know too.

"Sounds good, are you hungry?" I asked, knowing he wasn't up much earlier than I was. I could tell by the way his curly hair was sticking up in every which way. Caiden eagerly nodded, asking politely for a bowl of his favorite cereal, Captain Crunch. I cooked both of us up a bowl and we sat down in the living room. We watched SpongeBob together until about 1:30.