Chapter 7

I sat on my bed, piles and piles of paper and other school related things scattered all over it. I was trying to catch up on everything that I've missed. I was so far behind and I was beginning to feel guilty. But I also just needed something to distract myself from my thoughts. After what Harry told me three days ago, it's all I could think about.

I didn't want to believe he was doing drugs and things like that. He was better than that, I knew he was. Even if he wasn't doing the drugs, he was still selling them and thats just as bad. Probably even worse. What if he got caught? Hell he has been caught, he told me himself he had been in jail. That was scary to think about.

But even with all these thoughts swarming through my head, I couldn't bring myself to like him any less. But I knew I didn't want him to continue this. It was too dangerous he could get in trouble. He could be the one getting punched instead of punching. I didn't want to see that. Picturing it made me tear up a bit. I pushed the thoughts away and stood up, deciding to take a break.

I walked down the hall and towards my fathers room. I felt the need to have a father daughter moment. Whether I would admit it or not, I've always been a daddy's girl. Everything I did was to make him proud, never wanting to let him down. I hoped one day I could make him the proudest father in the world.

I knocked on the door and my fathers deep voice called me in. I walked in to see him reading a book on his bed. He was such a casual man sometimes it made me want to laugh. He wasn't like most men, going out and doing a lot of things. The most he and Jake ever did was go camping once. They came back itching with poison ivy and promised never again. They were more indoor people.

I on the other hand dreamed of traveling around one day. Going anywhere or everywhere and seeing everything I could. New York City and London or Oxford, they were my biggest dream. New York was totally different from the two but I just had this feeling about it that I loved.

I shook my head of my thoughts as I sat down and cuddled into my fathers side. He looked at me questioningly but otherwise didn't say anything and just wrapped his arm around me, rubbing my shoulder.

"What did you mean when you said no matter what people say about him?" I asked quietly and absentmindedly. I'm sure I understand most of what he meant, but I wanted to hear what he had to say.

He sighed, setting his book down, "Listen darling, Harry isn't exactly unknown in our little town. A lot of people talk, even the grown ups and I hear it. I've heard what he's done, where he's been. But I never listened, I'm not one to judge by what other people say. Though I knew for a fact some of it was true. But I knew he had his reasons, everyone does Issa... I'm sure all he is, is misunderstood. I would never judge him on anything without hearing his story first," My dad spoke slowly and calmly, confidently.

I processed my dads words and smiled slightly. He was right, I should talk to Harry and hear his whole story before I think anything. I would let him explain, I'd give him the time. I knew for a fact he wouldn't open up right away though. Harry was a man of many secrets and mysterys, I could only hope my father was right.

"Though I will admit when I saw you guys walk through the door like that the first time, with your torn clothes and everything, I believed the people. I was about ready to bash his face in," My dad chuckled, recalling the memory.

Slowly his smile faded, "And then you talked, and I knew from that second on that this boy could be in my daughters life as long as he wants, as long as he doesn't hurt you of course. But he got me my baby back and I couldn't thank him enough," My dad said softly and pulled me close. I hugged him back just as hard, mentally thanking my father. It made me smiled knowing he was already so fond and excepting of Harry.

"Thank you," I said, kissing his cheek and leaving his room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided that since it was already around eight and Harry's mum would be asleep, that I'd go over tomorrow, which was Saturday. For now I really wanted to get some fresh air, but I knew everyone would have my head if I made the same mistake as last time. So I walked to my brothers room and knocked on his door.

He answered and smiled at me warmly, "What do you need sister?" He asked. I smiled back, I loved my relationship with my brother. We were close unlike most siblings, we had been since I was a baby. He protected me from everything and everyone. He was the best brother anyone could ask for. Especially becuase he rarely told me no.

"I want to go for a walk, will you come with me?" I asked, already pulling my beanie on my head. He nodded and went back into his room, coming out in full out cold weather gear. If there was one thing my brother hated it, was the cold weather. Which we got a lot of here.

We told my dad before heading out. The sun had already set and the street lights brightened the roads and sidewalks. We walked aimlessly down the streets. I admired all the little shops that looked like they could be set in the 1960's. I loved the old fashioned look.

My brother and I talked about everything and anything. He told me about a girl he met in school who was new. I gushed about how I wanted to meet her and he chuckled telling me he hadn't even got her number. But I continued anyway, urging him to get with her. We walked into a bakery and got a random pastry we never tried before. After we finished eating we decided to head back.

I was already starting to feel so much better. My brother saw his favorite shop across the street and told me he'd only be a minute. I nodded and patiently waited for him. I heard a curse and a grunt and what sounded like someone falling down in an alleyway close to me. I knew it was stupid to look, especially after everything thats happened. But curiosity got the better of me.

I took the step to be infront of the alley and peered down. It was mostly dark but there was one yellow light a bit a ways down. And I could see two figures, obviously fighting. At one point the taller one through the smaller one toward the light. A cry left my lips immediately as Harry's beautiful but beaten up face came into view. I couldn't see much from where I was but that didn't matter, I was already running towards them.

To my luck, they hadn't heard me yell and now the taller man was facing away from me. Adrenaline was pumping through my viens and I did the first thing I thought of. I jumped on the mans back and clawed at his face. He yelled a 'what the hell' and tried to pull at me, but I held on for dear life.

All of a suden he crushed me into the brick wall behind us and I fell to the floor. I grabbed my head groaning slightly, still not fully recovered from falling a few days ago. The man turned around and picked me up by my hair. I yelped in pain as the cut from falling on my head stung.

The light hit the man and I got a good look of his face. He had a scar on the corner of his lip and his face was ragged and worn out. He had shaggy greasy hair and he stunk of expensive cologne. How he managed to afford it, I don't know. But that was the least of my worries.

"And what do we have hear?" He whispered. His voice made my skin crawl horribly. I refused to speak back and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"What's your name sexy?" He said, scanning my body. I nearly gagged right there and tears started to well in my eyes. I didn't want a repeat of what I had been trying so hard to forget. I still refused to answer and he tugged on my hair again. I bit my lip to stop the tears from spilling. Refusing to give him the satisfaction.

I looked over his shoulder at Harry who was laying unconcious on the ground. I only hoped he was okay. His face was covered in blood and he had a black eye and a swollen lip. I couldn't hold the tears back as I looked down at him all beaten and bruised.

The man in front of me grabbed my chin and made me look at him. He looked over his shoulder and then back at me, a evil grin covering his face. He studied me, took all of me in and moved his hands to feel every part of me, thankfully avoiding my privates. I didn't know what he was up to but by the look on his face, I knew he was up to something.

"Are you Harry's new catch?" He asked, smirking. But on him it didn't look right or make me smile back. I just ignored him, staring into his eyes as confidently as I could. Even if tears stung at the back of my eyes.

"Don't want to answer, do you?" He said, and let me go. I took a breath of relief which was quickly taken from me as he sent a kick to Harry's shoulder.

"No! Don't hurt him!" I cried desperately. The man smiled victoriously and came back towards me.

"Isabella?" A familiar voice called. My breath hitched, I totally forgot Jake was with me. I immediately screamed Jake's name as loud as I could. A harsh slap came to my face causing me to cry out.

"You son-of-a-bitch!" He said, punching me in the stomach. I gasped, bending over to try and catch my breath. I could hear Jakes footsteps as he called for me over and over.

"I will find you and I'm going take to you away from Harry and I'm going to fucking kill you," The man snapped angrily. But before he could say anything else my brothers fist came in contact with his jaw. The man fell to the ground groaning. But he quickly recovered, scrambling to his feet and running off.

"Are you okay? Look at me Isabella, did he hurt you?" Jake said frantically. I merely pushed him aside and fell next to Harry. I knew he wasn't dead but he looked as if he was in critical condition. A sob escaped my throat. Jake pushed me over softly before picking Harry up. I followed him as we quickly walked the few blocks home.

When we barged through the door, I called for my father frantically, thanking god he was a nurse. My father came bounding down the steps in a hurry looking worried. When he saw Jake setting Harry down on the couch he quickly went to him.

"Get me a warm wet cloth, hurry," My dad told Jake. I stood next to my father holding Harry's hand. I couldn't think straight, just one thought circled my brain. Was he going to be okay?

"Is he going to be okay? Is he hurt badly?" I asked as my dad wiped at the blood and such. My father didn't answer me and it only made me more anxious. After an excrutiating hour my father finally stood up and turned to me.

"He's going to be fine darling, he just has a few cuts and bruises. Nothing serious and I'm fairly certain he doesn't have a concussion. Jake take him to Isabella's room please," My father said. Jake nodded and did as told. I breathed a sigh of relief and sat on the couch putting my head in my hands. He was going to be okay, that's all that mattered.

"You need to tell me what happened," My dad said so I explained everything. Though I kept the part about the man finding and killing me out. My father didn't need to know that, or that he hit me. Besides he wouldn't really kill me right? To be honest that was the least of my worries. I just wanted to be with Harry right now.

I jogged up the stairs and into my room. Harry lay peacefully in my bed passed out. Or more like knocked out, literally. I crawled into bed next to him and admired him. Even with all the cuts and bruises he was beautiful, he looked vulnerable. Thoughts rushed through my mind and brought tears to my eyes. What if I hadn't found them? Would the man have beaten him to death? I couldn't bear the thought.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bolted up right, realizing I had fallen asleep. I wanted to be awake when Harry woke up. I looked over at him to see he was still peacefully sleeping. I sighed and brushed a curl off his forehead and ran my hand through his hair. He groaned and shifted making me sit up more. His eyes fluttered open and I watched as his eyes took in the scene. When his eyes landed on me, his eyebrows furrowed.

"How did I get here?" He asked, his raspy voice sending chills down my spine. He tried to sit up but I pushed him down.

"You should lay down down for a little while longer, you took quite the beating from that guy," I said quietly. His eyes widened as he stared at me. He ignored my words and flipped over, hovering over me as I laid on the bed.

"What happened?" He said slowly. I told him the story and he cursed under his breath. He carresed my cheek and I put my hand on top of his.

"Did he hurt you?" He asked. I shook my head no, not wanting to tell him what happened. His hand came down to my waist and squeezed slightly. I yelped, struggling out of his hold. I squeezed my eyes shut, determined not cry.

Harrys eyes furrowed and he reached for the hem of my shirt. I smacked his hand away and he glared at me. He grabbed it and began pulling it up but I tried tugging it down. In the end he won, grabbing my hand and lifting my shirt. He gasped and began choking on his own spit. I lied there admitting defeat. He examined the large bruise covering the lower left half of my stomach quietly. Harry looked so angry, steam could come out of his ears. He stood up and mumbled about killing the guy.

I stood up quickly and grabbed his hand, "No, Harry, you can't leave me, please," I begged softly.

He turned to me, his eyes softening slightly, "I have to go and give him what he deserves," He said.

"No, Harry. You can't, you need to rest and if he beat you up the first time, he'll beat you up again," I said, not meaning to put him down or anything, but he wasn't in a state to be fighting.

"I don't care, I can take that bastard," He snapped, beginning to walk out my door.

"He threatened me," I blurted.

Harry stopped short and looked at me, "What?"

"He threatened me. He said he'd find me and he'd kill me Harry. You don't know where he is, what if you go and he comes and he takes me and he kills me while you're out looking for him? You can't leave me, you have to stay here, and you have to protect me," I said, saying the only thing I knew would make him stay. He looked at me, pondering what to do. But he did what I knew he would do.

He stayed with me.