Chapter 10

I had the house to myself today. And honestly a day by myself sounded great, and by myself I meant with Harry of course. He told me he had some 'business' to do, obviously I knew what that meant. I thought it was seriously time to talk to him about all of this. Especially if he was still doing it after what happened to him. But I did want to spend the day without thinking about that stuff.

While I waited for Harry to get here, I was in my room with the music blasting. I completely shut out the world and just danced to the beat of the music. I had never danced before in my life, literally. I'd never been to a dance, or gone to a party or simply danced to music as I was just now. So I didn't know exactly what to do, I was kind of just moving, it was a bit awkward, but I was having fun and that's all that mattered to me.

I was so unaware of everything around me, I hadn't known Harry had walked in. I was oblivious and continued to dance to the rest of the song. I jumped at the sound of clapping and spun around to see Harry there. A huge smile spread over my face as I ran towards him. His eyes widened in alarm and he barely caught me when I jumped on him. I tangled my hands in his hair and lent down to peck his lips.

"Someone's in a good mood," He chuckled, setting me down on the floor. He pulled me towards the bed and we flopped down on it. I turned down the music so it was just a low murmur in the background.

"Your dancing was absolutely amazing, Isabella," Harry said, all seriousness in his voice. I couldn't help but laugh at his comment. There was no way it was possible my dancing was amazing when I had never done it before. But I thanked him anyway. We layed there for a little while, in a comfortable silence. Harry was playing with my fingers and I was rubbing circles in his arm. It was nice, something I missed doing for a while now.

The song playing in the background was 'Chasing Cars' by Snow Patrol. It was one of my favorite songs ever since I was little. My dad used to play it all the time, I practically grew up with the song. I knew the lyrics like the back of my hand.

As we were laying down and the chorus came up, Harry started singing.

It was beautiful.

It wasn't too loud or even the slightest off pitch. And the way he was looking at me made my insides churn in the best way. I had never felt this way before and it only made sense that it was with Harry. He was my everything. We just laid there, as he sang softly to me. It was intimate and though we weren't doing anything physical, it was passionate as ever. His voice had a raspy way to it and it made me shiver in a good way. When the song ended and he stopped singing, I felt sad. I never wanted him to stop, it was too beautiful.

"I didn't know you could sing," I said in utter awe.

"I didn't know you could dance," He countered, chuckling.

"No, I mean you're like really good, Harry. Like you should be famous or something," I said, sitting up so he could see my face and how serious I was. He lay there and looked at me. He didn't say anything he just looked at me.

He raised his hand to move a piece of hair out of my face, "You're so beautiful," He whispered. I blushed at the sudden comment and avoided eye contact. Harry always managed to make me blush no matter what.

In the need to change the subject, I blurted the first thing that came to mind, "So how did your business go?" I shot out. I immediately regretted it afterward. I felt like he was going to yell at me. Tell me it was none of my business, literally. To my utter surpise he laughed.

"Are you really asking me this?" He asked, a humorous smile on his face. I hesitated, at first I wasn't going to ask about it or anything. But now that he was acting like this, it made me think I could ask. So I nodded my head.

"Well if you must know," He sighed, "It went well, he gave me what he owed me," Harry said, not adding any details. I bit my lip, would this be a good time to dive into this conversation? The one I've been wanting to have with him for a while? I decided it would be the best time. I had given him enough time now.

"Harry... Do you do drugs or do you just sell and buy them and such?" I said slowly and hesitantly. Harry looked at me expressionlessly, making him incredibly hard to read. He was taking forever to answer and it was making me anxious. Why couldn't he just answer? Why did he need this unnecessary suspense? I was about to say he didn't have to tell me, when he answered.

"I don't do them anymore, I just sell them now," He said slowly, watching my reaction. The answer honestly made me feel happy. He used to do drugs but he stopped. I was thinking about asking him what kind of drugs, but I didn't think that was important if he had stopped.

"Okay," I said, "Why?" I asked. This was the part I wanted to know the most. Harry sighed, and sat up next to me, rubbing his face with his hands. He didn't know whether he should tell me or not. And all I could do was sit here and hope he would.

Harry's POV

"Okay," She said, "Why?" She asked.

It was a simple, one worded question. But it hit me like a ton of bricks. I remembered why I became the way I am now. I remembered it so clearly it seemed like it happened yesterday. It had such a huge impact on my life, how could I forget? Not only that, it was a horrible thing. Should I tell her?

Before I knew it, I was telling the beautiful girl in front of me the story.

****3 YEARS AGO****

I dragged my feet up the walk way and to my friends door. I had told my parents that I was going to hang out with him for a little while and that I'd be back home in a couple of hours. As a thirteen year old young man, my parents trusted me and let me go. And there was also the fact that my friend only lived a few streets over.

I rapped my knuckles on the door and patiently waited for him to answer. After about three minutes of no answer, I knocked again. He didn't answer so I figured he wasn't home and I'd come back later. His name was Casey, he was my best friend. I made my way back home slowly, not in any hurry and just completely lazy like any other teenager.

When I got home, the lights were on downstairs so I knew my parents were in the living room. I was silently praying I wouldn't walk in on something utterly disgusting. I only had one other time and I am scarred for life. I opened the door to my house and was immediately confused. Very loud shouting could be heard coming from the living room, I was surprised I hadn't heard it from outside.

As I slowly walked into my living room, a site I'd never forget overcame my eyes. My heart broke and tears filled my eyes and I was utterly terrified.

I watched, paralyzed, as my mother lay helplessly on the floor trying to cover herself as my father hit her repeatedly over her small, frail body. I didn't know what to do, I was thirteen. I didn't stand a chance against my father.

I quickly went to the kitchen and called my neighbor, barely saying to hurry over and then grabbed a frying pan. I carried it to the living room in a hurry. My father was turned away from me so I quickly ran to him and banged the pan on his back. He yelped in slight pain before standing up. When he looked at me, I'd never forget the look in his eyes.

Monstrous.

When the neighbor got there he had to restrain my dad while the police came. I tried to console my crying mother and tend to her as much as I could. I was shaking violently, I didn't know what to feel, I didn't know what to think. I looked up to that monster.

I wanted to be that monster at one point.

I hated that man, I never wanted to see him again. And there was no way the person taken from the house in handcuffs, was my father.

****PRESENT****

"The next week, I was offered weed. It wasn't the first time, it was just the first time I accepted the offer, and it escalated from there," I whispered softly, "and that's my story," I said, turning to face Isabella. She had tears in her eyes, her hand covering her mouth in shock.

Isabella's POV

I was so utterly shocked I didn't know what to say or do. I didn't think his story would be anything like that. But now it all made perfect sense, and there couldn't be a better reason to be the way he is now. My father was right. And I'm so glad I listened to him.

I jumped into Harry's lap and practically squeezed him to death. Harry buried his head into my neck. It was hard to think such things happened to Anne. She seemed like such a sweet women, who would want to hurt her, ever? I don't think she'd ever deserve that. I hope Harry knows it's not his fault. The worse part was that it obviously wasn't the first time his father had done it, or maybe it was, I didn't know. But I didn't want to push Harry. He had let me in and told me something very personal and I didn't want to ruin it and make him close up on me.

Now I just had to help him work on making everything better for himself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this chapter is REALLY short, but now you know something about Harry! & I promise I'll make up for the shortness!

But please you guys, I would love to hear more comments on how you think it is! It keeps me going & motivated. Please vote! (:

Alicia x