Chapter 13

The next day, while Harry and I were eating lunch at school, Niall came and sat with us. Honestly I was utterly surprised. He had been completely avoiding us and now he decides to sit with us? But I was taken from my thoughts when I saw his expression. He looked like he was going to kill someone's cat.

"Can we help you?" Harry said rudely, earning a smack on the arm from me.

Niall jumped, like he barely noticed we were here though he was the one who sat with us. He stayed silent, looking at us closely. He took a deep breath.

"I know I've been avoiding you guys, I have my reasons. But it's not anything you guys did, and, a-and you have to know I'm so sorry," Niall said, whispering at his last statement.

I furrowed my eyes, "It's okay, really," I assured him. He looked so beaten up and exhausted. What was going on with the poor kid?

"No, I'm really sorry," He said seriously, looking me in the eye. I sat back slightly. A feeling I did not like was forming in my stomach. Why was I getting the feeling he wasn't just apologizing for ignoring us?

Just then the bell rang and Niall shot out of his seat and out of the cafeteria. I watched after him, completely worried. Harry was watching too, and I wondered if he had the same feeling I did.

"Anyway," Harry said slowly, "I need to go, I'm leaving early. I want to go make sure my moms okay, she's been sick lately," Harry explained. I frowned, Anne had gotten a bug and we still had yet to figure out what bug. Harry was keeping a close eye on her and it warmed my heart to see the love he had for his mom.

I nodded, walking him to the school office so he could check out. He gave me a lingering kiss before ushering me to get to class. I laughed, walking to class. The rest of the day I noticed Niall wasn't there any longer. I only pushed him from my mind and concentrated on school.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was freaking out completely. It was seven now, dark outside and I was worried. I'd been trying to get a hold of Harry since I got home but he wasn't answering. I had called Anne to ask if he was still home and nearly choked when she said he never came home. I quickly lied, telling her he just showed up on my doorstep as to not worry her.

Where could he have gone? Had he lied to me about going to his moms? No of course not, he wouldn't do that. But what if he did? What if he went to go sell drugs even though he told me he'd stopped? There were so many questions running through my head I didn't know what to think.

I pulled out my phone and dialed Niall's number and cursed under my breath when he didn't answer. Maybe he would have known where he was? Though I doubted it strongly it was worth a shot. But now I was even more worried. Niall had been acting strange all week, why wasn't he answering? Was he in trouble?

With my last shred of hope, I dialed Harry's number one last time. It rang two, three, four, times before a click was heard. But it wasn't a click that would send me to voice mail, it was a click that let me know he had picked up.

I took a deep breath, "Oh thank god, Harry I thought something had happ-," I began to say but was cut off. 

"Hello Isabella," Zachs deep and cold voice said over the phone. I could feel the blood drain from my face, a look of what I could only assume was horror over taking my facial features. 

"I told you this would happen Isabella, I warned you. We could have so easily solved everything, Harry wouldn't have needed to get hurt, if you had just came with me," He said. The whole time I was silent. I didn't know what to think or say. I was completely shocked, not expecting this at all, what so ever. 

"I'm going to give you one last chance, Isabella," He said calmly. I bit my lip, knowing Harry wouldn't want me to do this, but what else could I do? They were going to kill him. 

"What is it you want me to do?" I said, just loud enough for him to hear. 

"That's a good girl," He chuckled.