Chapter 2

Today was Monday and I was going back to school. Dad said that no matter how sad I was, I had to go back because I still needed an education. I was okay with that, I understood. Maybe this would help me. I doubted it though. Either way I got up, got ready and into my car and drove to school.

When I stepped out, people stared. And it was expected. Blake and I were never seen apart unless one of us was sick. Even then we'd both take the day off to take care of one another. Blake and I were well known. We were in a lot of clubs and did a lot of things for the school.

So the sympathetic looks and the wide eyes was understood. I didn't respond to anyone. I was as emotionless and numb as I have been these past couple of weeks. The teachers weren't sympathetic at all. Giving me what I missed left and right practically shoving it in my face. I took it without question anyway.

What did surprise me, was the way my other friends acted. They gave me one glance before turning and walking away as if they didn't know me. As if they didn't care about me. And it hurt. I knew they were friends with Blake too but I thought they were supposed to be there for me. We were supposed to be there for each other. But they didn't even throw me a second glance.

But for some reason, I just didn't care. I didn't want to be close to anyone anymore. They'd just leave me and die like Blake did.

I didn't want to let what happened to Blake affect my life like that. But I couldn't help it. It was like someone had shoved it into my brain and stuck it there with gorilla tape. If the thought was going to go away the tape would have to come off. And that meant getting close to someone, and I didn't want to do that.

I was so lost inside my head that I hadn't been watching where I was going. All of a sudden I crashed into something strong and was starting to fall. But whoever I had crashed into managed to quickly wrap there arms around my waist and grab my hip. While that all happened my loose shirt managed to slip up my stomach slightly, meaning the stranger was holding my bare hip.

It was like electric currents.

It coursed throughout my body making me involuntarily shiver. It was the first time I actually felt something in what felt like years. I didn't want the feeling to ever go away, or the person who was causing it. It was like a drug that I got hooked on taking my first dose. I needed it again and again, second after second. And I was okay with that despite my previous thoughts.

When I looked up I was immediately put into a trance by the deepest green eyes I had ever seen. Flawless white skin and chocolate curls that cascaded down the strangers face. I hadn't even noticed I had grabbed his neck until he slowly started to stand us back up from our slanted pistion.

I was afraid he was going to let go, and I think he could tell by the way my hand tightened the slightest when he started to move his arm. I probably looked dumb staring at him with my mouth opened in an 'o' shape.

I couldn't help it. He was beautiful.

I noticed for a split second that everyone froze to watch the scene unfold. And then I noticed they were no longer there. The bell had rang and everyone was long gone to their class. How long had we been standing here for? I felt myself blush at the thought of us standing here minutes on end in that position.

The beautiful green eyed stranger slowly slid his other hand up my arm and to my hand that was holding his neck and the curls that lay there. It caused goosebumps to rise on my arm and make me shiver slightly again. I took in his tall figure and, from what I could tell by his short sleeved shirt, muscled body. He was at least half a head taller than me.

"Are you alright?" He asked. His voice. It was deep and raspy and the way he spoke made me whimper and take a step closer. His voice made every single last part of me tingle in such a good way I had to hear more. I could tell he knew the affect he had on me because he had a small smirk on his face. Making one deep dimple show up on his left cheek.

"I'm fine, I'm sorry I ran into you, I wasn't paying attention," I spoke for the first time in two weeks. My voice coming out low and soft. I wanted to say it wouldn't happen again, but that wouldn't have been true.

"Don't worry about it, angel," He said, making me whimper at the way he said the nick name he had just given me. This time he had a real smile on his face. Both deep set dimples on his cheeks popping out. Making him look just a little bit younger and a lot more handsome.

Fire was coursing through my body and despite how cold the hallway was I felt like I was sick and getting a fever. I had never felt like this before, it was different. And I liked it too much to leave this boy. I just hoped he felt it too, that he didn't want to leave either.

"What's your name?" I whispered.

Something flashed in his eyes but then it was gone, "Harry, Harry Styles," He said.

I sucked in a sharp breath. That name was popular around here. Harry Styles, the troublemaker who cared about nothing but himself. The one who got held back a grade because he never came to school, mnever bothered. The Harry Styles who had beaten up and sent many people to the hospital. The one people say supposedly killed.

The one they called dangerous.

But as I looked at him now, with him holding me like I was fragile, I couldn't see it. People were only talking about things they heard but never witnessed. Things they made up to talk about someone. I felt like Harry was just someone who needed someone as bad as me. Someone to set him straight. And as I thought about that, I thought about how I wouldn't mind being that person for him.

We could be eachother's rocks.

And when I realized what I was doing, I took a step back from. Cutting our connection off and suddenly I could feel how cold it was and how numb I still really was inside. And that was how I was going to keep it. Because I wouldn't let anyone replace Blake. Blake was my rock, my only rock. No one could replace him.