Chapter 1

Numb.

That's the only way I could describe myself.

Numb.

I could hear but I wouldn't listen. I could feel but there was never pain or pleasure. I could watch but I'd never see. I couldn't comprehend anything.

After my break down, I shut down. I don't know how long Jake and my dad had been in front of me. Opening and closing their mouths over and over. I figured they were trying to tell me something. But I couldn't hear them. I wouldn't have listened even if I could.

At one point the walls changed. Going from the cream color of my walls to the white of a hospitals. How had I gotten here? I saw the doctor and watched him talk to my father and my brother. Probably telling them I was in a state of grief.

That couldn't have been anymore true.

Every part of me was numb but my brain. My brain pounded inside of my head, swarming with thoughts I made that I myself couldn't understand. I was so deep in denial, I could be buried in it.

Blake couldn't be gone. He can't actually not be here. He'll come back. He'll show up to take me to school. He'll try to pull a prank on me and vine it, like he always does. He'll make my favorite Alfredo noodles.

He'll come back.

I texted him, about a dozen times. But he hasn't answered. And I knew, in some part of me, that he wasn't going to. But for now I'll believe he will. I'll believe that he's with his mom, hugging her goodbye as she boards her plane.

That Angie's not at her house crying her eyes out over her deceased son. That she's not thinking about the funeral and how it's going to go. That I won't have to go and say something about my dead friend.

I won't believe it.

Not until it's being screamed in my ear and I can actually listen to it. Then I'll believe. Or maybe I'll believe when I haven't seen him in a month. Or maybe I'll convince myself he's moved and didn't say goodbye.

There's so many things but believing he was dead, now, was not an option.

Blake was my best friend.

Blake IS my best friend.

He always will be. No one could change that. No one could replace him or his Alfredo. I wouldn't let it happen.

The worst part to all of this,
if it was really happening, is the part that hit me so hard I couldn't breath, the part that made me shut down, was that it was all my fault.

The reporter said that he had been answering a text message...

And it was mine.

I knew it was. It had to be. I had texted him after he left while he was driving. And then he never replied.

Two weeks went by.

It feels like years.

I hadn't gone to school. I hadn't spoken. I've barely eaten. I can hear what people are saying now, but I don't respond or even acknowledge the fact that I hear them. I'll just stare at them, inside my head, thinking.

The funeral was today and I was currently sitting in a chair with Angie brushing through my hair, getting ready. Seeming as I was too shocked to do it myself.

His funeral was today.

That's the sentence that kept going through my head. But funerals were for dead people. It was starting to set in... The fact Blake may be actually gone.

I was supposed to speak at this funeral. Did they honestly expect that to happen? I haven't spoken in weeks and I'm not starting now. I couldn't, I just physically couldn't.

"Honey... I know it's going to be hard... But I would love it so much if you at least said something. You and Blake were so close and I know it'd mean a lot to him if you did this," she said softly as we finished getting ready.

I didn't show her I had understood what she said and kept the blank look on my face. A look of disappointment came over her face and she sighed. I wanted to feel guilty, but I didn't. I didn't have to say anything, Blake knew.

Blake knew that I'd miss him more than anything. That now nothing would be the same for me. He knew I'd never replace him. He knew how special he was. He wasn't only handsome and well known, he was kind hearted. He wasn't selfish in the least. He was Blake.

He knew he meant everything to me and it breaks my heart to realize he's gone.

He's gone.

I could feel the tears well up in my eyes and a sob wracked through my body. I felt someone's arms wrap around me and I knew they were Jakes. I looked up at him and immediately noticed the trees behind him. I hadn't even realized we were at the funeral. The priest was already speaking so we had to be at least 20 minutes in.

"-cause of something tragic. But he will be missed dearly. We were all very close to him. He wasn't just a handsome young man he did great things for everyone and the community. And I think it hurts everyone to see him go," the priest finished his own small speech.

By then my mascara was all over my face and I couldn't breath. My chest was tight as reality came tumbling down on me. I fell to my knees in hysterics. Not caring the slightest if I was causing a scene. I felt arms wrap around me and for a split second,

I thought they were Blake's.

But they weren't.

I wrestled out of the arms and started running towards the road. The sun was already setting and it was beginning to get colder. But I couldn't FEEL it. I ran as fast as my feet could carry me until I couldn't run anymore. I found myself on a familiar street with a famous bakery across the street. I slid down the brick wall I was leaning against and sobbed my heart out.

Blake was gone. He was really gone. He wasn't going to come back to pick me up for school. Or prank me and vine it. Or make me his famous noodles. He was gone and that was it. He was never coming back.

I don't know how long I had been crying for but I got a sick feeling of being watched. So I stood up and began my way home. Thanking god I was somewhere where I knew how to get home. But I still felt like I was being watched. It was the first thing I had felt in a while and I didn't like it.

I looked behind me and my breath caught in my throat and my heart started beating quickly. There were two tall figures a little ways behind me. One was taller than the other. He was farther behind the first one and from what I could see had curly hair. The one a bit closer was just a couple inches shorter and wasn't walking as fast as the first. The second one was scarier looking. His shadow alone gave me shivers.

I began to walk quicker almost home. I wasn't about to be like every other dumb cliche girl and take an alley as a detour. I'd rather be somewhere where there were people who could see me if I was taken by a stranger. I looked back again but was surprised to see no one there.

I kept walking and when I arrived home I was bombarded by my father, Jake, and Angie. They threw question after question and I stood there, with a blank expression and didn't answer any of them. Once they realized I was okay and that I wasn't going to answer they offered me food. I took it up to my room where I through it in my trash can. I turned my light off and got into bed.

And then I broke for what I thought was the last time.

----------------------------------------------

So?!?! First little intro of Harry!! I hope you guys like this, let me know if I should continue this!

Comment, follow and vote please.(:

Alicia. x