Chapter 9

Today, Niall, Harry and I were going to go midnight bowling. I was hoping that the two would be able to get along, but I had a bad feeling they wouldn't. I know Harry's possessive and I was hoping he wouldn't start anything with Niall. And I was hoping Niall wouldn't try anything with me that would make Harry mad. Personally I didn't think Niall felt that way about me, but Harry was determined he did. So what if he did though? I didn't like him, at all, I liked Harry.

I was currently pulling up the tights I was going to wear, shirtless, when Harry walked in. I squealed, and grabbed the shirt I chose to cover my body. I was getting tired of this habit Harry had with walking in on me while I wasn't wearing clothes. Didn't he know how to knock?

"Seriously Harry? Don't you knock?" I said angrily, pulling my shirt over my head and pulling my tights up the rest of the way. He only smirked and winked at me. I rolled my eyes and wrapped my scarf around me. The weather was getting colder and I hated it.

"Do we have to go?" Harry whined. I rolled my eyes again, he had been like this ever since I agreed to go. I kept telling him, yes we had to go. I wanted to get out and it would be rude if I bailed on Niall and still went to go out. My first choice wouldn't have been bowling, but it sounded fun at the time.

"Yes, Harry. Are you ready? Let's go," I said, grabbing my bag. He groaned but followed me out the door anyway. My dad knew we were going out so I didn't have to worry about that. Niall had texted me earlier, letting me know that we were to meet him there.

"I'm so excited, I haven't gone out in a while," I said, smiling from ear to ear. Harry just looked at me like I was weird and chuckled. I poked my tongue out at him and looked out the car window.

"Blake and I used to go bowling a lot. It was always a last minute thing, when we were bored. It was funny because he sucked at bowling, I mean sucked, gutter after gutter. But he loved it," I whispered at the end. Memories flooding my mind. I felt Harry's hand envelope mine and I looked over at him.

"We could go somewhere else if you like?" He asked. I smiled and shook my head. I really wanted to go bowling. He nodded and continued to drive.

When we got there, we found Niall at the sixth lane. We said hi before going to get our shoes. After Harry and I were all ready we started the game. I was first. I took the light ball, I wasn't a very strong girl. I bent my arm so the ball was in front of my face slightly, and layed my left hand on the side of the ball. I swung the ball back and took a couple steps forward before letting the ball go. I watched my ball roll down the lane with my lip between my teeth. The bowling ball struck the middle pin, in turn causing all of them to fall. I cheered throwing my hands up in the air, turning around, a huge smile on my face. The boys laughed at me, before Niall got up to take his turn.

Harry was sitting down, a look that said he didn't want to be here on his face. I sighed shaking my head. Niall hit six of the pins causing me to laugh as he turned around giving us a 'what the hell' look. I just shrugged my shoulders as he grabbed his ball again. He managed to get a spare, knocking all of the pins down.

Harry sighed, standing up to take his turn. He picked up a ball and stood in front of the lane. I noticed the way he held the ball was different. He had it in the crevasse of his elbow. I furrowed my eyebrows, about to get up and tell him that wasn't how you were supposed to hold it when he rolled the ball. My eyes widened as the ball sped very very quickly down the lane and knocked all the pins down in a loud crash.

Niall's mouth was in an 'oh my god, that was awesome face', while mine was just shocked. I didn't see Harry as the kind of guy to bowl. I was honestly expecting him to ask me how to do it, for him to not know. Harry turned around, not looking very excited or proud and slumped back in his seat.

"That was awesome mate," Niall said, smiling over at him. Harry barely shot him a glance in response.

"For god sakes, Harry. Take whatever the hell's in your ass, out. Because I came here to have a good fucking night for once in a long time. And you're ruining it for me, so knock it the fuck off. Niall paid you a compliment and you're acting like he killed your puppy," I snapped. I grabbed my ball and threw it down the lane. I didn't care to see what I had gotten before angrily storming off to the bathroom. I was sick and tired of Harry's attitude towards Niall. Niall hadn't done a single thing to Harry.

I stood infront of the mirror and sighed, tying my hair up in a messy bun. It was something I did when I was nervous or frustrated. Couldn't I have a damn day without any drama? For once in my fucked up life? Was that too much to ask? The frustration got to me and tears leaked from my eyes. I sighed, wiping my face and collecting myself. I walked out of the bathroom, only to run into someone. I didn't bother looking up, just mumbled a sorry and made my way back to the guys.

Harry shot up when he saw me, "Isabella, I'm sorry," He whispered, taking my hand. I just sighed, nodding my head.

"I promise I'll knock it off, okay?" He said, kissing my head. I thanked him and watched as Niall stood up to take his turn. He succesfully knocked all of the pins down. And that's when I realised how good our little team was, but I had to beat them. Harry got up for his turn, looking a little more enthusiastic. He got another strike the same way he did last time.

"How do you do that?" Niall asked, looking truly interested.

Harry thought for a moment, "I don't know, honestly. I just do, I never really learned, I just did it that way since I learned how to play. If I knew how, I would teach you. You could always just give it a shot?" Harry suggested nicely. I smiled at him, thanking him for his effort. He smiled back.

I got up for my turn as they continued to discuss. I grabbed the ball and stood in front of the lane just like any other time. From my peripheral vision, I could see someone in the lane next to ours. I looked over and then back at my lane. But then I froze, petrified as I realised who I just saw.

It was too much to ask for wasn't it?

I pretended like I hadn't seen them, and bowled the ball. I was hoping if I didn't make a big scene out of it, he wouldn't notice me. If he hadn't already. Or maybe he forgot about me and what I looked like? I could only hope so. I went back and sat down next to Harry. I grabbed his hand and squeezed the life out of it.

"Ow," He said, looking at me angrily. I looked at him, hoping he could see how scared I was. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion and worry. But I quickly cut him off, kissing him on the lips, trying to make it look as normal and unsuspicious as possible.

"Okay come on guys, no snogging," Niall said, jokingly sitting down. I squeezed my eyes shut in realisation. Niall was here with us, which meant he would know Niall was our friend. What if he did something to poor innocent Niall? I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I caused something to happen to him.

I looked over, to see that it was going to be his turn next again, with me. So when Harry came back over, I pretended to kiss him on the cheek for getting another strike.

Instead I whispered, "To my right," And grabbed my ball. I could feel him walking up the lane with me, burning holes into the side of my face. That's when I knew that he remembered me, and he had definitely noticed me. When I was done with my turn, I sat by Harry again. Who was currently glaring so hard at the man in the chairs to our right.

It was him, the man from the alley that was beating Harry up.

I quickly pulled out my phone when the guy left and texted Harry. I told him to make up a lie about us having to leave. His phone dinged, making it all the more believable. He sighed, standing up and walked towards Niall. They talked for a minute, but I was too focused on the man to hear them. He was looking right at me, dead in the eye. I could feel my heart hamering in my chest.

Harry grabbed my arm and pulled me up and out of the bowling alley. Niall following behind. We said our goodbyes and went our seperate ways. When we got into the car, I turned towards Harry, scared out of my mind. He slid me over and wrapped his arms around me. I nuzzled my face into his neck as he whispered he'd keep me safe. We drove home in silence, Harry saying he was going to stay the night. I was glad, I didn't want him to leave in fear the man would come and get me.

"Harry, what's his name?" I asked, we were now cuddling on my bed.

He sighed, "Zack." I merely nodded and laid back, exhausted. My phone dinged and I picked it up. The phone said I had gotten a message from Zack. I didn't know a Zack, how could I have...? My thoughts trailed off as reality hit me. How had he gotten my phone?

'Hope you're okay love, looked a bit of a mess when you came out of the bathroom. It's very rude not to sincerely apologise to people you bump into. Watch where you're going next time.

Z. xxx'

Zack was the person I bumped into? Holy hell, thats how he got my phone. But when did he give it back? I was so utterly confused, I didn't realise Harry was trying to get my attention. I felt him take the phone from my grasp.

"Fuck," I heard him say lowly. I knew he didn't want to frighten me by freaking out and asking me all sorts of things. But honestly I wasn't thinking about that. I was thinking about how he had the chance to take me right then and there and didn't. Yeah eventually Harry and Niall wouldv'e noticed, but not for long. They probably would've thougth I was just throwing a fit. No one would have seen Zack leave with me, it was almost one in the morning. It wouldn't have been so easy for him, so why didn't he? What is he waiting for?

It honestly scared me a whole lot more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd been on my toes these past couple of days. Every once in a while, I'd get a text from Zack saying, 'see you soon'. It scared the shit out of me. It would finally seem like he was going to do something and then he wouldn't. It was aggravating and terrifying all at the same time. I hated it. I hadn't told Harry about these texts either, and I know when I do he's going to flip a switch.

I didn't tell him because I knew he would go out looking for him. Harry would want this all to be over with so I wouldn't have to live in fear. So Zack wouldn't be able to do anything. But I didn't think Harry could take him on, and I didn't want a repeat of the alleyway. So I decided to keep the texts to myself. Besides Zack never really did do anything.

I was currently in school, sitting next to Niall while we listened to our math teacher drone on and on. Niall was being strange today. He was jumpy and quiet, I hoped everything was okay. Whenever I tried asking him about it he would laugh and change the subject. Harry was suspicious about it.

Honestly I just wanted Zack to do what ever he was going to do and then leave me the hell alone. I just hoped it wasn't too bad. I just wanted to put this all behind me already and live stress free for two seconds.

Just two seconds.