Chapter 3: This is A Goodbye

Start from the beginning

The next day

Spencer's POV

I told Toby this morning that i have to see him at the Brew at his lunch break (a.k.a now) , i have to do this. Emily and the girls were right, this can't work, I want things to move on with Jake and I can't if Toby is around. I thought i was an adult but obviously i'm not, i can't be friend with my ex, i can't be just friend with Toby Cavanaugh.

I enter the pub and look around, he's waiting for me at the bar, he seems sad.

"Hey" I say half-smiling "Listen I have to tell you something and it's not going to be easy so please forgive me"

"I cannot be mad at you Spencer" he smiles at me. Gosh what am I doing. Am I sure ? No Spencer! you have to do this! "What do you wanna talk about"

I sit, "Toby, I... We can't see each other anymore. It's too hard "

"What do you mean "too hard"? "

"It's, I love Jake, I truly love him and you, you truly love Yvonne"

"So? Everything was working out. Why do you want to change this?" he seems sad, really sad

"Please Toby, don't make this harder than it is" a tear is running down my cheek "Whenever i look at you, i have this feeling." *silence* "I get this feeling, this hate feeling. I hate myself for what I did, how I ruined things. I can't be around without hating myself and without hating you"

"Spencer you do-"

"Please, i have to get this out. We can't hang out anymore, we can't see each other unless we're forced too. Because i- i-" i barely can say the last words, but if i don't say them, he's never going to leave and to let go.

Toby's POV

"Please, i have to get this out. We can't hang out anymore, we can't see each other unless we're forced too. Because i- i-" they is a big silence. She's looking for her words, i see it in her teary eyes. " Because, i , i hate you Toby" she starts crying "I can't spent another minute of my life next or near you" I know she's lying but i'm just going to pretend too because, weirdly, the best way to leave each other, is to "hate" each other.

She keeps going "I want you to forget about us, our history. I want you to forget about me. I want you to consider me as a simple neighbor. I hope you'll be happy" and she storms out crying harder then before.

It hurts, it hurts so much. I know it's for the best but i just, i just can't, it's too hard. I'm gonna call in sick, i have to go home. I have to see the only love i have left... ;(

A few weeks later

Spencer's POV

It has been a few weeks now since i last saw him alone. Now, we just politely say hello when i go get my mail. I just told Jake that we fought and that we couldn't see each other anymore. He bought it without asking any questions because he knew i didn't want to talk about this. Now things are better than ever between us. I help him with his second book so we spend most of our time together, it's perfect (or at least very close right?).

Even if things are amazing, i just can't keep myself from looking through the window when i'm alone. I just watch him. Sometimes for hours. Yvonne is with him most of the time but, i don't care, i just need to see him. Once, Jake walked in on me near the window, i just told me that i was cleaning it. I hate lying to him but sometimes, secrets are better for everyone. Is it bad that i look at him that much? Maybe it'll go away once he's married, or once i am, or i don't know. I did everything right so it will go away.

Funny how love works (A Spoby Story) [COMPLETED] On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara