Expelled

Maze

I look around the room, trying to locate the tuna smell my eyes dart over the wooden floors and back at the desk with papers all over it, I look to see a small trash can, I leaned forward to see an half eaten tuna sandwich that's gone bad.

I furrowed my eyebrows, surely I am not the only person in this room who can smell that. I turn to face the left side, only to see my Lab partner Shelly sobbing into a tissue while my science teacher Mr.D patted her shoulder softly.

The door slammed shut and I sat up straight as the principle sat across from me, he looked as if somebody personally pissed in his cornflakes this morning.

"So, you think you can walk around the hallways of my school and act like the boss?"  The principle spoke, crossing his arms.

"I don't know what your taking about" I say shrugging, leaning back on my seat.

"It was Lisa's fault, after i finished my hypothesis she deliberately tried to get Maze angry by telling the whole class that she doesn't deserve the grade, because she didn't believe she contributed enough, which is not true sir." Shelley said, tears rolling down her face

"From what I've seen in my classroom, Maze has deep anger issues. She threw a lamp at another student and told her to lighten the fuck up"

I laughed for second, first time I heard a teacher curse.

"You think this is funny, Lisa has pieces of glass in her face imagine it went in her eye?"

"Well it didn't" I shot back

Shelley started sobbing louder and I glance at the red head, I didn't know much about her only that she was in most of my class and she usually kept to herself.

"Shelley didn't do anything, why is she here?" I asked confused

"It's Shelby!" Mr.D corrected  "You don't even know her name, she's been in your class the whole year."

The room was quiet, I stared at the principle who's bold head was shinning brighter then my future. This wasn't the first time I've been in in office, but I've never seen him this upset before, something felt odd.

Maybe it was the sobbing redhead that was sitting beside me, or the fact that I had a satan's spawn as a teacher trying to get me suspended.

"How about you get Shelby out of here, and I'll talk to her for a minute." the principle said standing up, they both left the room as he locked the door.

"Last night my car was destroyed, do you know anything about it?"

"Come on Anderson, why would I?" I asked sitting up straight, intrigued.

"Because I have security cameras all over my school, and i saw a hooded person, who had a skull backpack smashing my car with my own baseball bat."

"You mean the baseball bat? The one with the Twelve members of the 1978 world champion New York Yankees who had personally hand-signed and Inscribed the 1978 World Series MLB Baseball bat?" I asked my jaw dropping in shock

"Thanks for leaving the bat in the car, not very smart, I called the police this morning and was waiting for you to do something stupid, like throw a lamp at a student so I can finally have a reason to expel you"

"Expulsion?" I asked confused

"Yes"

I leaned  back on the chair  until i was slouching, putting my hands in my lap and looking down at them. "Anderson, she pissed me off. I just reacted."

"You were being an idiot," he said quickly. "Acting like an incompetent child. Did you not think this through? Did you not think about the consequences?"

"Of course I didn't," i shot back, glaring up at the principle. His eyes widened at my tone, and i dropped my voice back down to avoid any more of his anger. "If I thought about it, I wouldn't have Thrown the lamp at her."

Anderson sighed deeply, like he was exasperated. "I don't care about the lamp, you destroyed my car and took my beautiful hat out of its glass to do it, you want to be just like your father well your wish is my command"

I rolled my eyes. The reason that i don't  put up with anyone's shit is because of my father.  It's because of him i go off the rails so easily. And i could accept that. It was hard to keep it under control all the time, but my father is known for overreacting, hence why his in jail It's not my fault that i act before i think.

"Do you have any idea how this looks for my school? Having the police come and take one of my students?"

"Of course, your reputation always comes first, doesn't it?" I said with venom in my voice.

"Why did you destroy my car?"

"You always said that i was different and that I could amount to something, yesterday I came back to the school after hours to tell you that I wanted to go to college and change but your door was slightly open and I heard you and another teacher talk about some delinquent student named Maze, after all your stories about how you overcome drugs and bad neighbourhood I thought you would be the last person to talk trash" I said crossing my arms

The doors burst open and I see three men from the Los Angeles Police Department, walking in the room.

"Hey, this her?" The officer spoke his eyes glued on me

"Come on Anderson, I'll do good just one more chance" I said standing up

"It cannot be possible that anything in our universe can really be this stupid. Stupid beyond the laws of nature. I must apologize. I can't go on. This is my epiphany of stupid. After this experience, you may not hear from me for a while. I don't think that I can summon the strength left to mock you" he said shaking his head in disgust

I gave him the finger, The cop grabbed my arm and twisted it behind my back making me gasp loudly, he pulled me out of the principled office, my brown hair was now all over my face I tried to push him off but his grip tightened, the hallway was packed and I heard cheers and clapping, people chanting my name.

I smile as I see my friends standing by the door, clapping and shouting profanities at the police.

"Looks like you have fans" the cop said tightening his grip even more, I gritted my teeth.