Chapter 25: Bittersweet

I packed my stuffs ready to leave when I received a text from my dad saying he want to meet up at dinner. I sighed as I put my phone back to my pocket and walked downstairs to meet Jimin. Today, we're going to the beach and swim but we'll be needing to go  back by the evening since he need to visit Dr. Yoongi for a check up.

"Your dad texted me--"

"I know kookie" I cut off Jungkook's words. "So yeah, I'll come later and drive you to your dad" he said lifting my bag to the car where Hoseok was. We bid our goodbye to Jungkook as we travel to the beach for 2 hours.

When we finally arrived, Jimin was so excited he started running around. I chuckled from the sight of him running around as I quickly took a photo of him. 

"I already put your things in the lodging area, I'll be in the parking lot just call me if you need anything" Hosoek said as I thanked him.

"Yah Aera! come here quick, the water is cold and salty! Jimin shouted signaling me to come near him.

"Sea water is naturally salty, Jimin" I chuckled. "Can we go swim now?" he asked taking off his shirt.

Holy abs, I never knew he had those. I mean Jimin sure is strong and muscular but I never thought his body built was this gr--

"Aera?" Jimin called out as I snapped out from my unholy thoughts. "Oh ah yeah, I'll just change clothes, you can go swim now. Just give me your shirt, I'll put it in the cottage" I said as I grab his shirt from his hand and quickly run away with red cheeks.

Actually I was already wearing my swim suit under my beach dress so I just needed to take this off but I can't do it in front of Jimin or I'll die from embarrassment. I walked out of the cottage ready to swim as I gulp.

"Aera!" Jimin shouted running towards me, my heart started beating fast from both excitement and embarrassment as I turned around to walk back to the cottage. "Where are you going?" Jimin asked grabbing my arm. "I-uh I'll just get my hat, it's really hot you know" I reasoned out feeling my red cheeks.

"It's okay! The heat will eventually be gone once you jump in the water" Jimin said dragging me to the sea splashing me water. I fight back  splashing water at him. Jimin suddenly tackled me and we fell into the water. We were both totally soaked now as I brush my hair side ways.

Jimin rushed to me holding both my hands. "Aera! I'm feeling so weird just by looking at you" he bluntly said as I realized what was he talking about. Our bodies were so close I could feel his body warmth and I gotta admit I was feeling weird inside too.

"C-Can I kiss you?" he suddenly asked looking at me. "Huh? Well uhm I-I guess you can" I stuttered feeling flustered from Jimin's action. He leaned in as I closed my eyes, our lips connected as our bodies touched feeling the warmth of each other.

I could feel our heartbeats beating in sync as the waves hit us. Jimin break the kiss and looked at me straight in the eyes.

"W-Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked.

His captivating eyes are looking straight at me that all I could do was smile. I leaned in and pecked his lips as an answer to his question.

The kiss ended but we remained on our positions leaning our foreheads together.

"Is that a yes?" He clarified that made me chuckle. "Silly, of course it's a yes" I replied.

The evening came and we needed to go back. Jungkook fetched me from the resort and Jimin went back to Dr. Yoongi with Hosoek."So how's your beach date with Jimin?" Jungkook suddenly asked as we drive back to the city to meet up with dad. "It was fun" I replied smiling like an idiot.

"oh you sure enjoyed looking at his abs" Jungkook teased as I hit his arm. "Your red cheeks tell me that I was right" Jungkook added as I sighed in defeat.

"Fine, I admit he really looked hot okay" I said blushing extremly as Jungkook laugh at me. "And you never told me he had abs!" I nagged him. "Well you never asked. He already has a muscular body back in the countryside you know and his --"

"Yah stop it! I dont wanna hear it anymore lalalalala!" I interrupted Jungkook covering my ears as he laughed.

We arrived at the dinner place dad told me to meet up. I went inside to see dad already waiting for me at our table."Good evening dad" I greeted kissing his cheek. "Glad to see you daughter, have a sit" he said. The waiter came to get our orders and later came back with our food.

"I've heard that you're meeting with Namjoon's son Jimin a lot recently" he started as I nod my head. "It was really a shocking news when he revealed to me that Jimin was his son. He even thanked me for bringing him back to the city" he continued as I remained silent.

"I never thought that the feral boy from the countryside would be his long lost son, the world is sure small"  Dad mumbled drinking his wine.

"But let me get to the point, I hope you're not forgetting that your fiancee is Taehyung and not Jimin" he said that made me stop from eating. I took a long breath anticipating his next words.

"I don't mind if you spend time with that Jimin guy as long as you keep in mind that you're engaged with Taehyung. Aera, don't get too attached over another man or it will be harder for you to marry Taehyung" he explained.

"I get the point dad. I'm done with dinner, may I go home?" I politely asked not wanting to get him mad again.

"Sure, I already said what I wanted to say anyway" he replied as he signaled the waiter for the bill. We parted ways as I go with Jungkook back to our house and dad going back to his office. "Are you okay?" Jungkook asked me as we get inside the house. "I'm okay kookie, don't worry" I smiled walking to my room.

I fell on my bed with mixed feelings. I'm happy that Jimin and I are finally official but Dad reminded me about the wedding with Taehyung.

My thoughts were once again in turmoil and my feelings were bittersweet.