Chapter 8: Arranged Marriage

"Jimin, I'm reading okay? Stop tapping my arm." I said that made Jimin pout.

And for the I don't  know how many times, Jimin still kept on tapping me. "What? I told you I'm--" I was interrupted when he pointed at the a piece of board game lying on the floor. "Oh, you wanna play that?" I asked him and he nodded. I walked towards the board game and set it on the floor for us to play while Jimin sat beside me.

"This is called the Snake and Ladders, it's a game of luck in which you roll the dice and move your counter forward the number of spaces shown on the dice. If your counter lands at the bottom of a ladder, you can move up to the top of the ladder. If your counter lands on the head of a snake, you must slide down to the bottom of the snake." I explained it slowly as Jimin gave me a nod.

"I'll play first so watch me." I told him as I roll the dice which made jimin step back hitting my closet. "What are you doing? It's just a dice." I laughed. 

A  stuffed toy dog fell from my closet that made Jimin jumped again. The stuffed toy  bark, imitating a real dog which made Jimin more shock as ever.

 The stuffed toy  bark, imitating a real dog which made Jimin more shock as ever

 "Silly, It's just a stuffed toy. It won't harm you." I explained patting his head. He took the stuffed toy and examined it with his curious eyes. The look on  his face made me laugh. Jimin's really cute, I thought as I heard a car horn from outside.

"It can't be Jungkook, he would tell me if he's going out." I muttered as I walk towards the window to check when the door of my bedroom swung open. "Aera, Your dad has arrived!" Jungkook shouted. "Oh no! What should we do? If he sees Jimin we're doomed." I panicked. "We have no time to think, hide him in the closet for now. I'll buy you some time!" Jungkook replied as he left my room.

I quickly held Jimin's hand and led him in the closet. "Hey Jimin, we're in a crucial time right now so please listen to me. Stay here and don't come out unless I told you so, okay?" I instructed him as he gave me a nod. "Aera?" My father called out. "Oh my God, He's coming." I muttered in panic as I closed my closet and ran out of my room to see dad walking upstairs.

" I muttered in panic as I closed my closet and ran out of my room to see dad walking upstairs

"Oh hey Dad, long time no see." I greeted him as I run to hug him. I saw Jungkook downstairs looking at us as he mouthed the word S-O-R-R-Y Dad patted my back to end the hug.

"I'll be straight to the point, Aera. I came here to tell you something important." He said looking serious. I just gave him a nod as he walk towards my room. My heart skip a beat as I run to stop him. "Dad, we can just discuss it downstairs. My room is messy and stuff." I lied. 

"Well, okay." he said as he raised an eyebrow. We went to the living room to talk. "Maids, leave us alone for a while but Jungkook can stay and hear my news." Dad instructed as he sit on the couch.

I won't lie that I'm really feeling nervous right now with the fact that he's gonna tell us something serious and the fact that Jimin is in my closet hiding, dad can see him anytime. I bit my lip as I wait for my dad's announcement.

"My best friend and I want to merge our companies together so we came up with a great idea. He only has one heir like me, so we decided for you guys to get married. Remember Mr. Kim Namjoon I told you before? his son is currently in Seoul finishing his masterals and I told him to come here and visit you-- 

"DAD NO! STOP!" I interrupted him as I stand from my seat. "How can you just arranged me to some guy I never met?" I added nearly crying.

"Aera, I am doing this for you and for the company. Besides you're already in the legal age to get married. Don't you think about your future?" He explained. "You're doing this for me? No dad. You're doing this for the company. It's always about the company ever since mom died!" I cried.

"Aera shut up! Don't you dare bring that up!" He shouted at me when we heard a loud noise from upstairs. I held my tears as I remember Jimin in my room. I quickly run to my room to see Jimin. "Wait Aera--!" Jungkook shouted but I ignored him and continued running.

"What is happening? What was that noise?" Dad asked Jungkook. "It's nothing sir. Let me check it." Jungkook denied. "No, I'll do it." Dad professed following me upstairs.

As I opened my door, I saw Jimin lying on the floor under my closet. "Oh my God, Jimin are you okay?" I asked rushing to him. He looked at me smiling as he showed me the stuffed toy from earlier.

It seems like the stuffed toy fell and Jimin went to get it but couldn't open the closet door properly which resulted to this chaos. I sighed," At least you're okay." I muttered to myself as the door opened and revealed my dad with a shock face.

"Dad, I can explain!" I quickly stood up trying to explain. "Who the hell is that guy? An intruder? Guards! Come here quick!" Dad shouted."No dad, you're wrong, he's not an intruder. He's a feral child, he had nowhere to go. Dad please listen to me!" I explained but dad doesn't seem to believe me.

"I send you here for you to learn your lessons not to casually live with a stranger. Jungkook I entrusted her to you, what the hell is this!" He nagged. Jungkook couldn't utter a single word and looked down.

"Dad please listen to me, Jimin is a feral child, he's clueless about the world. He was abandoned in the forest for so long. I was just--

"Just what Aera? Is he the reason you don't want to get married huh?" He raised his voice glaring at Jimin. "I won't accept this guy ever!" He shouted as he took me away  from Jimin. Dad's guards came in the right time and held jimin roughly.

"Take him to the police." Dad ordered. "Dad no! He's innocent. He can't even talk!" I explained.

Dad looked at me in disbelief. "What do you mean?" He asked. A little hope sparked in me as I try to convince him. "Talk to him and you'll see." I stated. Dad went near Jimin and asked him. Jimin remained clueless and just stared at him.

"Is he mute or what?" Dad asked. "No dad, it's because he can't talk. He doesn't know how to. He can't even read. You can ask Jungkook and the maids if I'm telling the truth." I explained

He looked to Jungkook who gave him a nod. "Fine I won't send him to the cops but he's coming with me to the city for a check. You know the consequences if you lied to me Aera." He stated. "Leave him be. We'll go back to the city tomorrow. Send another car because I won't be sitting in the car together with this guy." He said walking to the door. 

"But dad!--"

"No buts, Aera. You've disobeyed me too much. Prepare yourself cause tomorrow your fiancee will arrive and say your goodbye to that weird guy." He added as he finally  left my room together with his guards.

I was left with Jungkook and Jimin. "I'm really sorry, Aera." Jungkook apologized hugging me. "It's okay kookie, it's all my fault. I'm sorry for dragging you in this mess." I said as we end the hug. "What do we do with Jimin now? And you're getting married." Jungkook asked with a sad expression on his face. Can't help it, we've been together since kids and he treats me like his younger sister.

"It will be fine." I faked smile as a tear fell from my eye. I felt a hug on my back and it was Jimin. I hugged him back and burst into tears. 

"I'm sorry, Jimin" I sob.