Chapter 5: Good Boy

It was almost lunch when I decided to take a bath. I've been in my room since I woke up not wanting to go out. The shower helped me clear my mind but iut didn't ease the sadness I had losing something so important.

I walk out from my bathroom drying my hair when Jungkook knock on my door. "Aera, please don't skip lunch too," Jungkook begged with a worried voice.

"Come in," I mumbled sitting on my bed. Jungkook went in with a tray of food in his arms and placed it on my bedside table. "Here, I brought you food. Please eat and cheer up," He smiled at me.

"I'll try to eat but cheer up?" I replied looking down. I felt a pat on my head and it was Jungkook. He pointed the tray of food on the table. "Yeah yeah, I'll eat. Please leave me for now," I said walking to the table when I caught a shining thing beside the glass of water.

I hurriedly check it out and it was the necklace I lost last night. I was surprised to see it and it definitely lighten up my mood. "Jungkook thank you!" I cheered hugging him.

"Don't thank me, Thank him." He replied pointing at the door. I turned around to see the jungle boy hiding behind the wall.

"What do you mean?" I said raising an eyebrow.

"Before I could knock on your door last night, I heard a glass breaking noise so I quickly went downstairs to check what happened only to figure out it was his doing. He couldn't open the front doors so he break the window and went out to find the necklace you lost. He spend the whole night looking for the necklace even though it was raining. I tried stopping him but he's just too stubborn. When I woke up this morning he came to me handing me the necklace. I had confirmed it's the one your mom gave you before. So It's all thanks to him, Aera." Jungkook explained.

"I-I see. I was too harsh on him last night but he still did all of that for me," I mumbled walking towards the jungle boy. When I raised my hand to touch him he suddenly stepped back looking so afraid. My conscience hit me,

He's afraid of me.

"I think he understands us in some way even if he doesn't talk. And by the way when he found your necklace he stayed right outside your bedroom door to wait for you" Jungkook added as I looked back to the jungle boy who is still hiding behind the wall.

I smiled at him. "I'm sorry for shouting at you last night. I just can't afford to lose this one, It's really important." I explained calmly pointing at the necklace. "Please don't be scared. Come here." I said motioning him to come near me. He slowly walk towards me looking down, I reach for his head and pat it.

 He slowly walk towards me looking down, I reach for his head and pat it

"Good boy." I said smiling. He smiled back a little unsure but eventually smiled.

He looked so cute that I suddenly hug him. The sound of a camera shuttering made me return to my senses. I turned around to see kookie holding his phone.

"What was that for?" I asked a little bit embarrassed, "Capturing a photo to blackmail you in the future." He teased, wearing a smirk on his face. "You bastard!" I slapped his arm as I try to snatch his phone. "Chibi you still need to drink lots of milk before you could even get this." Jungkook stated with a smirk on his face.

"But I'm not that small!" I whined, I was about to hit him again when the jungle boy slapped Jungkook's arm just like what I did. "Woah you too?" Jungkook chuckled, "It seems like he's following you like a master." "Is that so?" I smirked, I looked at the jungle boy and pointed to Jungkook.

"ATTACK!"