Faraway Eyes

Empatha awoke to the sound of singing. She got out of bed and crept to the bathroom, where Stone was in the shower. She stood in the doorway for a minute, loving the sound of his strong, Southern voice. His song sounded familiar; it was a song her grandmother used to sing to them back in the day. Empatha sat down on the toilet and listened to him sing.
When Stone noticed she was there, he smiled at her tenderly. "Good morning, beautiful", he said. "Come here." Empatha joined him in the shower, eyeing his body. Stone held her to him and kissed her passionately. Empatha wrapped her arms around his neck and matched his passionate kiss with some of her own, their bodies rubbing against each other. Stone couldn't help but to rise, and soon, his want for Empatha overwhelmed him. He grabbed her ass and lift her, his tongue still in her mouth. He held Empatha in his strong arms and put himself into her sweetness.
Empatha loved the sensations of making wet love to Stone in the morning. She held onto him tightly as he battered up into her. A loud gasp flew out of her mouth as Stone hit a fleshy wall of wonder. Stone loved the fact that he could go deeper and deeper into her cavern of delight and did just so, causing Empatha to moan. She loved his strength as he brought her down low under the falling water, then back up again, still inside of her.
Empatha's vagina felt pleasantly pleased at what Stone was doing to her. His tongue kept her mouth happy, and the feel of her luscious body gave Stone the drive he needed to take her higher. When he was about to come, he slid one of his fingers into her tight ass, triggering the ultimate climax from both of them. Empatha thought she'd died and went to pleasure heaven, it felt that good.
While having breakfast together, Empatha caught Stone watching her and smiled. "Empatha, I love you.", he said, shocking her. "If you'd have me, I could be your man, and protect you. You wouldn't have to worry about a thing, because I'd love and take care of you, forever.", he said, grabbing her hand and rubbing it. Empatha's heart swoll. "Stone, I can't have any children. I'm barren.", she said, bittersweetly. "Any man I wind up with has got to be able to live with this fact."
Stone understood why Empatha did what she did now, and it made him love her even more. "Baby, I'm so sorry. But you have to know that this doesn't change the way I feel about you!", he said, reminiscent of Prince Willie's admission. Empatha looked into his soulful brown eyes and seen time itself, visions of the ancestors before them, their unrelenting toil, and the whips across their backs. Stone came to her and held her to his chest, tightly. She could hear his heart beating and knew this man was golden.
"Stone, I think I love you, too, but I also love my others, as well. You all have brought out parts of me I felt long lost.", she said. "How can you love me and, how many others? You're one phenomenal woman, and you deserve one man to give you his all. Let me prove that man is me, baby!", he plead. " You can't tell me that we don't share passion! I know you feel how much I love you!", he exclaimed. "Why play with my emotions like this? I want you for myself, and only for me!"
This wasn't a conversation she was ready to have yet. Empatha was really hurting inside, because she did love Stone, and Tyler, and Prince Willie. She didn't know how to explain to Stone that each one of them held a piece of her heart. Stone noticed the hurt in her eyes and apologized. "I'm sorry baby, but this is hard to hear. What man wants to hear that the woman he's in love with is sleeping with other men, and loving them at the same time?"
Empatha touched Stone's face, then got up and got her things. "Baby, you don't have to leave! I'm sorry, Empatha! I'm sorry if I'm wrong for loving you and wanting you for myself!", he exclaimed. Empatha looked at him and saw the tears in his eyes and it killed her. Why did she have to choose? She gave him a tender kiss, then walked out his door, leaving Stone in anguish. He opened up and watched her walk towards her trailer, sadly. He hoped he hadn't fucked up his chance with her, and that she could forgive him. When she disappeared from his sight, he closed his door and went into his room, then laid on his bed, her delicate scent still on his sheets. He smelled his pillows then, crying for her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When Empatha got home, Jezebel greeted her with a loud purr. Empatha picked up her baby and brought her to the kitchen, where she fed her, then went into her bedroom, turning on her stereo. Vanity's Faraway Eyes played. Empatha put it on repeat then plopped down on the bed and pulled the covers up, snuggling into them. She noticed a fat twisted joint on her table next to her phone and picked it up, lighting it. Her mind needed healing right now, and she smoked away, her body remembering what Stone had just did to it. Empatha's feelings were frazzled and the skunky herb was her needed medication.
She felt herself getting high and allowed the feeling to spread over her entire body. After the joint was gone, she closed her eyes, then reopened them quickly as Jezebel hopped into bed with her. Empatha held her baby and closed her eyes again, the gentle lull of Jezebel's purring and Vanity's song a lullaby putting her to sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Donita's parents sat in the living room, listening intently as Tyler explained their situation. He was calling off their engagement and wanted sole custody of their kids. Of course, Donita railed and ranted on, forgetting it was all in front of her parents. "I hate you Tyler! I fucking hate you!", she screamed, causing the baby to cry. Donita's mother tried to calm her down as Tyler held little T.J., rocking him gently. Donita's father called Tyler aside, talking to him man to man. Tyler knew it was hard for him to hear that his baby girl was being a promiscuous slut and getting dumped.
"Mr. Phelps, I've tried to love your daughter and be a good father to our kids, but lately she has shown me she couldn't care less about us! She's been sleeping around with other men, she's never around, and when she is, she's tearing down the house or telling London things about me! I have to beg her to change our son's diapers! She clearly doesn't want to be a mother!", he exclaimed. Donita's father tried to reason with him, but Tyler stopped him, saying,
" Sir, she physically abuses me, wanting me to put my hands on her so I can get locked up! She's at the point where she's using this pregnancy to hold me here! I don't even know if it's mine yet! Now, she's making up rapes, and I'm done! And just so you know, before she spins it out of context, I want to see someone else! That's why she's trying to act like this pregnancy is going to save us!"
Donita's father nodded his head, looking at Tyler. "So, you're leaving my little girl for another woman, correct?", he asked. Donita took that as a cue to act the fool. " Yeah, daddy! That's what he's doing! He's been fucking with a bitch this whole time!", she yelled. Donita's mother didn't like the way her daughter was acting, nor the way her husband was buying it. "Donita, you watch your mouth in front of these kids!", she warned.
Tyler turned to her, and said, "Mrs. Phelps, I just recently met her...I wasn't the one who cheated first! Donita comes home with passion marks on her neck, smelling of other men! I work nights so I can have time to help her take care of London and T.J., and I wind up having to call my sister to come take care of them at night because Donita's with her friends clubbing! How can I marry her and make her my wife if she doesn't want to be a mother to our children?" Donita's mother looked at Tyler thoughtfully. She had always thought highly of him, and now could see the despair in his eyes. "So Tyler, what do you suggest we all do?", she asked, surprising both Donita and her father.
Tyler appreciated Donita's mother so much right then. "I'm willing to set up some kind of shared custody, but Mrs. Phelps, I really wanted sole custody. I can't leave them with her, not knowing if she'll come home to them or not! I was willing to move out and get another job to make sure Donita and the kids were alright, but now, I think its best that Donita moves out, and well, I don't know...", he said. Donita was livid. " You want me to move out so you can move that bitch into my house and play mommy to my kids and whore to my man? Fuck you, Tyler! You best not bring that bitch near my kids! I will fucking kill her next time!", she screamed, making London cry. Donita's mother had enough.
"Donita, go pack your things, now! Quit making these babies cry! Now, Donita!", she ordered. "Tyler, please thank your lady friend for not pressing charges! We'll be taking Donita home with us for a few days, and hopefully we can come to some sort of arrangement!", she said. Tyler couldn't believe it. "Now, wait just a minute!", yelled Donita's father. " What! Hell no, I'm not leaving! ", yelled Donita. Mrs. Phelps wasn't having it. "Girl, go and pack your things now, and not another word, Jimmy!" , she said firmly. "You have coddled this girl long enough! If she's not willing to change her own baby's diapers, then what? You heard her! She just threatened to kill someone! You want that? Girl, go get your stuff now!"
After a round of refusing, Donita finally gave up. Her mother packed up a few of her things and Tyler promised to bring the rest at a later time. She didn't even kiss her children goodbye, which hurt little London and Tyler as well. Before leaving, Mrs. Phelps asked Tyler, "This new friend of yours? Will she be kind to my grand babies?" Tyler held her hand, then said, "I'm not trying to replace their mother, you need to know this. But yes, she is a very kind hearted woman, who can't have any children of her own. We're not there yet, but I'm sure that she will treat them as kindly as she's treated me." Donita's mother hugged her grand babies, then gave Tyler a hug also. "Take care, Tyler.", she said, then left.
It was all so unreal. Tyler felt so relieved, he cried, holding both of his kids to him. "How about we go to the park now?", he asked little London, who instantly perked up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Empatha awoke to the sound of her phone ringing. When she saw it was Tyler, she reached over and answered. "Hello", she said, tiredly. "Hey baby! I have the greatest news, plus, someone wants to meet you! Think you can meet me at Girard Park, in about an hour?", asked Tyler. Empatha smiled, then said, "Okay! See you in an hour", then hung up. She made herself get out of bed and dug through her clothes. After sliding on some Apple Bottom jeans and a blouse, she decided to wear a pair of Converse instead of heels. She fashioned her hair into a ponytail and looked in the mirror. Empatha's face was still sad; obviously she had Stone on her mind.
Empatha went to her stash and took out another joint. She had to get right before seeing Tyler. She lit up and toked, taking in all that fire, then caught a coughing fit so violent, she knew it was some good shit. She died the joint out, then saved it for her to smoke it with Tyler. He would love this shit.
Empatha walked out to her car after kissing Jezebel. Once she started up, she put on some Tony Toni Tone and let herself get into the groove of one of her favorite songs, Just Me and You. On her way out, she saw Stone walking to his truck. The look he gave Empatha when he saw her made her stomach flutter. He looked at her like he longed for her, like he wanted her so badly, it hurt. She slowed down her car, put the windows down, and nod her head at him, coyly. Stone walked as if in a trance towards her, his sexy body wearing them pants. He looked delicious. Empatha leaned against the open window, and Stone brought his face close to hers. Empatha touched his face and gave him a slow, sensual kiss, then backed away. Empatha's kiss affected Stone, causing him to harden in his nether regions. Stone looked at her in amazement as she drove away.
By the time Empatha made it to Girard Park, she was feeling righteous. When she saw Tyler walk up holding his baby son, her heart pounded hard. Tyler gave her a huge smile, then said, "Hey pretty lady!". Empatha smiled big as he gave her a hug and a kiss, the sweet little baby smiling up at her. Empatha cooed at the baby, then was surprised as little London ran up to her and gave her a squeezing hug. Empatha fought back tears as she bent down and talked to the little girl.
"Hi, Miss Mumpata!", she said, adorably. Empatha bust out laughing, as well as Tyler. "Empatha, I would like to to meet London and Tyler Jr.", beaming. Empatha was so touched. "Well aren't you the prettiest little girl I've ever seen!", said Empatha. London gave her a big smile, revealing two missing teeth. Empatha thought she resembled a doll.
"Would you like to hold him?", asked Tyler. Empatha said yes, and Tyler placed the baby into her arms. As Empatha held T.J., she wondered what it would be like if he was her own. They all walked towards the swings where London needed a push. Tyler looked happy as he pushed his daughter on the swing. The little baby felt so good in her arms, and Empatha snuggled him close to her bosom, taking in his scent. Tyler saw how Empatha held T.J. and wished she was the mother of his kids.
"I threw her ass out", he said, breaking the spell. Empatha looked at him in disbelief. "Her mother even gave me her blessing.", he said, looking at Empatha seriously. When London ran off to play on the slides, Tyler and Empatha sat down, her still holding the baby. "You look beautiful", he said. "Motherhood looks good on you", he said, stirring something emotional up in her.
They enjoyed being with each other in the park. Empatha thought of Tyler highly, for thinking enough of her to introduce her to his kids. "I have a surprise for you", she said, showing him the joint. She passed it under his nose and he smiled. "Later", she said, smiling. "Later, I want to eat that...", was all he got out, because little London came, saying she was hungry.
Empatha followed Tyler to the McDonald's near the university. They all walked inside, looking like a family. There was a group of people sitting at a table, and amongst them were a few of Tyler's friends; Tellis, a guy he grew up with and Remy, a lesbian he used to run with back in the day. Everyone at the table eyed Empatha's curves, and Tellis called them over. "Tyler! Say, homie, what's good dog?", he asked, shaking hands with Tyler. Remy followed suit, saying, "What's good, son? Man, it's been a while!" Empatha noticed the eyes on her.
Tyler introduced Empatha to everyone. "Damn, homie, I was about to say, I know that ain't your baby mamma! Yo, so you through with old girl?", asked Tellis. Empatha noticed Remy watching her, and Remy took note. "Say son, that's all you?", Remy asked Tyler of Empatha, after she took the kids to stand in line. "You looking at my future wife right there", replied Tyler. "Son, that's what you said about old girl!", said Remy. They all laughed, including Tyler.
After ordering their value meals and Happy Meal, they all found a seat near the restrooms. As Tyler got London settled in, Happy Meal in front of her, Empatha went to the restroom. Once inside, she met up with Remy, who was washing her hands at the sink. As soon as their eyes met, Empatha felt a stirring, and Remy fell under her spell. "What's up, ma?", asked Remy, looking Empatha up and down. "How you doing?", asked Empatha, smiling slightly. Empatha entered a stall and relieved herself.
Remy decided to take her time with the hand washing. She listened on as Empatha's piss hit the toilet water, the sound of her stream turning her on. She'd heard about women who piss like that: they got that good cutty, and as thick and fine as Empatha was, she knew she had to try. Remy got excited, deciding to make a move.
When Empatha came out to wash her hands, Remy smiled at her, showing a bottom row full of platinum teeth. Empatha smiled back, wondering why she was suddenly attracted to this lesbian woman. Remy acted coy and shy, smiling back and forth at Empatha. "So, you and my son Tyler together?", she asked. Empatha answered truthfully, saying, "We've been getting to know each other." "Well, I ain't never tried to knock off any of my boys before, but damn ma, you bout the finest woman I've ever seen! It's just something about you tho!", she said. Empatha smiled. "Here, take my number", said Empatha, surprising herself. She put it in Remy's phone and handed it back to her. "I work nights, with Tyler down at the shelter. So, call me in the midmornings!," she said, amazing Remy. Empatha liked the woman's masculinity, and everything else about her. She was light skinned, tatted up, and had long braids and dimple piercings. She was just the right size, slim, and had a nice booty back there. Empatha could tell because she could see, the way her sweatpants sagged, showing her boxers.
Both women eyed each other appraisingly. Remy decided to leave first, looking back at Empatha, and grinning. Empatha smiled back, shaking her head. When she went out to join Tyler, she saw Remy walking out the door. Empatha opened up her Big Mac and was about to dig in when she saw Remy in the parking lot with some of Tyler's other friends, walking towards her Jeep.
Empatha wached as she drove away, blasting some Young M.A., whom she favored.
Empatha shook out of it and focused on baby T. J., who started fussing. Tyler said, "Oh, I better change his diaper.", then started to get up. Empatha stopped him, putting her hand to his chest.
"May I?", asked Empatha, hopefully. Tyler was amazed that she asked. " It's just that I've never done it before, and there's a baby changing station in the bathroom", she said, timidly. Tyler gave her a tender kiss, and gave her the diaper bag.
Empatha took baby T.J. into the restroom, laying him down gently on the changing station mat. She undid his onesie and prepared the other diaper by opening it. She took the baby wipes and cleaned him, gently, then placed the fresh diaper underneath him, powdered, then fastened it. When Empatha and T.J. came out, Tyler looked at her with adorance. He loved Empatha so much, and was trying to give her a taste of motherhood. But he saw how Empatha had looked at Remy earlier, and a part of him wondered. He wasn't fixing to rush her into being a parent; after all, he knew she was seeing someone else.
After lunch, they all went back to Tyler's, much to London's glee. Empatha combed her hair and sat down and watched Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood with her while Tyler put T.J. down for a nap. Soon, London's eyes started to droop, and she fell fast asleep. Tyler brought her into the room, and when he came back out, Empatha was sitting on his sofa, smiling. "Fatherhood looks good on you, Tyler", she said. Tyler took her hand and lift her up, leading her to the bedroom.
"This is it", he said as Empatha looked around then sat on his bed. Tyler sat next to her and gave her a kiss. Empatha broke out that fire joint she had from earlier and lit it. She inhaled then passed it to Tyler, who did the same. He began to cough violently. Empatha laughed, then hit it again.
Tyler was deep in his feelings, and let Empatha know, despite his earlier inclination. "Baby, now that Donita is out of the picture, would you like to move in with me? I know this is sudden, but please, think on it, okay?", he asked. Empatha's heart was so full. "Tyler, I love you, but this is way too early for me to be moving in! You know how that's going to look, to Donita, to her parents, to your friends and family! I can't jump into the mommy role just yet! I want to take my time and get to know your kids first, and, there's also the fact that you're not the only person I'm seeing!", she exclaimed.
Tyler looked hurt at this admission, but held himself together. "So, you finally admit it. You love me, but there's someone else. I don't know how to take this, Empatha!", he said. Empatha felt bad, then said, "Tyler, I can't explain it, but yes, I love you, and I love them, too!" "Them!", exclaimed Tyler. "Exactly how many men or women are you sleeping with?", he asked angrily. Empatha caught the last emphasis on the women part.
"Tyler, I'm not going to do this right now! I wanted to be with you and spend time with you, not talk about my love life or fight with you!", she stressed. "Can't my loving you be enough?" Tyler looked at her, not believing they had gotten here. "Empatha, I love you! I threw my children's mother out of this house so I could be with you! Now you tell me you're in love with other people, at the same time? You're selfish! You are selfish and in denial if you think this can go on!", he yelled.
Empatha knew it was time for her to leave. She got up off the bed and walked into the living room to get her things. Tyler, hurt beyond recognition, followed her out and grabbed her. "Why, Empatha? Why are you doing this to me? To us? I tried to give you the chance of experiencing motherhood, and you throw it back in my face!", he yelled. Empatha pulled herself out of his grasp and walked out to her car. She couldn't deal with all this right now; first Stone, now Tyler. Empatha wouldn't be able to handle it if Prince Willie came at her like this, too.
Tyler walked up to her as she got in her car. "Baby, I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Please! I'm just going through a very emotional time right now, and to be honest, I want to marry you! I do. I want you so bad right now! Please, don't leave! Let's go back inside!", he begged. Empatha's feelings were hurt, and she hadn't walked all the way to her car for nothing. "Tyler, please, I have to go! You said a lot back there, and I don't expect you to understand right now! So, I'm gonna leave you to your thoughts, as much as I don't want to!", she said, then started her car.
Tyler knew he had fucked up. "Be careful, baby! See you tonight, then!", he called as Empatha backed out of his driveway. Tyler caught his head as he watched her drive away, then went back into his lonely house. He knew he pushed things too fast, and now the emptiness he felt spoke volumes. He loved Empatha, and realized that he would have to get used to her ways if he wanted any kind of future with her. Defeated, he lit the last of her joint and treasured it, because it was hers. If only he hadn't been so determined to be that man and put his foot down. Empatha had sawed off that foot and left with it.