You Lied To Me

It was almost more than a month before the cast was removed and I could go back to the job only in the beginning of December. Manik visited me now and then. He said his project was almost over and things were going to be more routine hereafter. I was happy awaiting for Birthday celebration with both our families. One sudden day when I was at the hospital I met someone from my past

(Lady) "Nandini! What a coincidence! I didn't expect to see you here"

(Nandini) "Dr. Peterson, how are you?" (She was Nandini's gynecologist when she was pregnant with Manik's kid)

(Peterson) "I am well. You look really good. I am so happy to see that you have recovered."

(Nandini) "Manik helped me a lot. What brings you here?"

(Peterson) "On vacation. My son got food poisoned. Your husband looked after you well. It seems like you both can have a child again"

(Nandini) "Excuse me? I didn't get you"

(Peterson) "He didn't tell you? It was right of him not to tell you when you miscarried but he should have told you later. But it really doesn't matter now."

(Nandini) "Please tell me." I sounded like I almost begged her.

(Peterson) "You were very weak and you miscarried...... there were some.... I would say scars. I told him that if your health condition continues, you can never have a child. Even now, I say that there may be a chance to have a child. I wouldn't eliminate the possibility of never ........ But don't think negatively."

(Nandini hiding her emotions said) "Thank you. I will ask the doctor in ER to take good care of your son. If you don't mind, I have to get going."

(Nandini's POV) She looked upset but I couldn't think anymore. I went to my cabin, picked up my things and left for the day. Never once did I think about this. I was so sure that we would have a happy family together. I wanted to be together with him but more, have his child, bring them up together. He knew that I may not be able to have a child and yet......., Tears flowed uncontrollably. I am too deep in love with him to give him up but if I leave him, then....... I reached home as soon as possible. Dadaji met me out.

(VD) "Nandini! You are back so soon? What happened?"

(Nandini) "Nothing."

(VD) "Hey, good news, Manik finished his work. He said he would be coming to see you in a day or two. Why are you packing your bags?"

(Nandini) "I am going to see Manik." In a voice I wished that didn't give me away.

(VD) "Why? He would be coming here anyway."

(Nandini) "No. I should see him soon."

(VD) "What is wrong? Look at me, Nandini!"

(Nandini) "Please, please. I have to see Manik. Please don't ask me anything."

(VD) "Nandini, please tell me that you are okay. I feel that something is wrong with you."

(Nandini) "Its really nothing but I have to see him."

(VD) "Okay. I will tell him. How are you going?"

(Nandini) "No need. I know where his house is. I will go by car."

(VD) "Do you have to leave now? Its already evening."

(Nandini) "Please. I will drive safely."

(VD) "Nandini, I don't know what is bothering you, but things will turn out fine."