Dinner

Nandini's POV

The next meeting was on the third day from the first. Today, I hope to control my anger and not get irritated by Manik. I did well on the first day but I can do much better than that. Now, I really wish that I had asked Papa to replace me. Navya is a dear and made my job easier even with that bullhead present, but how long can I keep it up! Manik and Navya came in at the exact time. Things went smoother than the first day. We are almost done. Yes! Manik didn't look pleased, Navya was happy and so was our side.

(Navya) "I am glad that this could be completed faster. The next meeting will be the last. So, when will that be?"

(Nandini's POV) She beamed with happiness and so did I. Now, they can go back sooner than planned and I don't have to see his face!

(Nandini in professional manner) "Will tomorrow be good, Mrs. Dhawan?"

(Navya) "I am good with it (she turned towards Manik and asked). Is that alright, Manik?" He looked displeased. I don't get why but I don't care.

(Manik in a disappointed tone) "Yes." He grumbled. He whispered something into her ears and she replied not to prolong her work. Now, I need to invite him. Maybe, I can just leave it. Navya is not going to mind. She doesn't really support our engagement. Though she keeps saying we would make a good pair, she says it would be impossible how Manik is now. As we were closing things, suddenly, Papa entered opening the door with such a force like a hurricane.

(VM) "Hello. How do you do, Mr. Malhotra?" He smiled widely at Manik extending his hand.

(Manik in a polite manner) "Good, Thank you. And how are you, Sir?"

(VM) "Fit for my age. It would be rude of me if I do not meet the rumoured backbone of Malhotra Group, Manik Malhotra. This is the first time we meet though I have heard a lot about you."

(Manik again in a polite manner) "Rumored? I am nothing close to it. The backbone you are talking about would be my grandfather Mr. Veer Malhotra. I have a lot to learn still." Papa nodded to the consultant and he left.

(VM) "Shall we sit down?" He waved his hand to our seats.

(Manik) "Yes, please."

(Nandu POV) Papa and I sat down along with Manik and Navya. Why did Papa come in all of a sudden? He never said anything about coming here today. The consultant of the Murthy Company had left giving us a little personal time.

(VM)"I must say, it is an honour to be doing business with Malhotra family."

Manik cut in, "No, No, its our pleasure to be working with you." VM smiled at him.

(Nandu POV) Acting all humble in front of Papa, why don't people ever show their true faces to all?

(VM) "I do hope that the arrangements for stay are comfortable."

(Manik) "Very. Luxurious. Your generous hospitality is well known. I have had the pleasant occasion to meet your daughter before; surprised me then and now, she has surprised me again by her transformation here."

(Nandu POV) Pleasant? It was anything but pleasant. Why am I suddenly the topic of discussion? Manik is complimenting me or insulting me? I looked at Navya. She smiled back at me. So, should I take my so-called transformation as a praise?

(VM) "She is my best child. I cannot refute that even if she is a doctor. If you are not perturbed from your schedule, will it be agreeable to have dinner with us, just family?"

(Nandu POV) He asked him. Reject the offer, reject him or I have to entertain you the whole night. I saw Manik smirk at me. He was waiting for this! Bhagwan, kahan fasa diya!!