A MISTAKE IN BUSINESS

After coming back from Nandini's place, Manik had joined back his office and One fine morning....

"Hey, Manik Bhai. How's work going?" Came my second youngest brother Harshad.

 How's work going?" Came my second youngest brother Harshad

(Manik) "Not bad."

(Harshad) "But you are the news of the organization. You sure know how to take your holidays. You take a long vacation after a long time and you don't tell anyone how you spent it. Which hottie did you spend with?"

(Manik in a stern voice) "That is none of your business, Harshad."

(Harshad) "That's true. But why is that you have black rings under your eyes, though you just got back from your vacation?"

(Manik in a stern tone) "That is also none of your business."

(Harshad) "Really? After a long business trip, I come home to stay for a few days and all I hear and see is how mom is worried and killing me to talk to you, since you never dropped by after your sabbatical." Manik didn't reply to him. If I went to see mom now, she would instantly know what is wrong with me. I don't want her to know what her son did at least for a little time more.

(Harshad) "Manik Bhai, it is tough to talk when you don't respond. By the way, have you been drinking daily? Not only you reek but you look sick. I know you drink but are you getting drunk every night?"

(Manik) "Do you have any problem with what I do and not. And yes I am drinking but it is just to get some sleep as I am having some sleep issues.. Now if your KBC is over can I work."

(Harshad) "I guess that is also a result of your wonderful time off?"

(Manik's POV) Harshad sure knew how to get his answers but I won't be telling him anything. I couldn't sleep. My head was full of thoughts about Nandini and unless I got drunk, I couldn't sleep.

(Harshad continued) "I am not interested in having this mono dialogues anymore. Dad is calling for you. It is regarding you little long vacation. And I am coming over to your place."

(Manik) "Why?"

(Harshad) "I can't stand mom's questions and I don't want you to die of alcohol poisoning. I know for sure that you wouldn't be back until late at night. So, give me the key."

(Manik POV) I grudgingly gave him the key. If mom comes to know of my excessive drinking, I am in for it for at least a fortnight's worth lecture. After he left, I finished my work and headed to Father's room. I knocked on his door.

(Raj) "Come in."

(Manik) "Yes, Sir."

(Raj) "Sit down, Manik." I quietly took my seat. We were taught never to disobey his words. He was raging mad, even though he looked quiet.

(Raj) "Did you handle this contract?" He threw me the papers. I saw it.

(Manik) "Yes." Fear of my Dad for the first time conquered my mind. Never has there been a situation where I was reproached ever since high school.