LOVERS MEET

(Manik's POV) It has been more than three months since I saw Nandini. Its really hard not seeing her and just talking with her over the phone. One great afternoon, I finally got some time to catch some sleep. When I got down from my car and was handing the key to the security to park it,

(Girl) "Mr. Malhotra! What a coincidence! Do you live here?"

(Girl) "Don't you remember me?"

(Manik) "I remember. You are Harshad's girlfriend."

(Girl) "Friend"

(Manik's POV) She corrected me. I see. Leave the younger brother and go for the elder. He should really think about the girls he chooses to date. Not that I was any different. Well, we wanted girls who won't give us problem when we break up. It is no mystery that such girls don't care as long as you introduce them to someone who is ready to spend money on them.

(Girl) "Hello?" She called out again.

(Manik) "Yes. Friend. What can I do for you?"

(Manik's POV) I really want go back and sleep. She felt a bit offended but didn't seem to care.

(Girl) "You can call me up for a cup of coffee?"

(Manik) "Can you let go of me? Besides I already have a fiancée to share coffee with than a complete sl*t."

(Manik's POV) I said without any interest. I am tired and I tried to shake her off but she just wouldn't let go. Really a pain! Harshad should know better to choose his girls, or his friends.

(Girl 2) "Didn't he just answer you? Can you get your dirty paws off him?"

(Manik's POV) A cool voice said from behind me. I instantly turned to see Nandini standing right behind me. Seeing Nandini glare at her, she dropped her hands off me. When did she come here? She didn't even tell me. I was elated to see her. It's just a big surprise from her.

(Manik) "Nandini!"

(Manik's POV) I called out to her as she walked to me. Something I would have never expected happened. She came to me, snaked her arms around my neck and yanked me to a kiss. For a moment, I didn't believe it was actually Nandini. I am sure it is Nandini that I saw.

(Nandini to the Girl) "Are you satisfied or do you want more of public display? Now, before I smack you, tell me what is going on."

The girl immediately left and turning back to Manik

(Nandini) "My god! You brothers have such bad taste in women. How did you ever get me? I still can't believe it."

(Manik) "You mean to say I have bad taste?"

(Nandini) "You do. It is very lucky for you that I fell in love with you."

(Manik) "Oh really? What about you?"

(Nandini) "Obviously, I have very good taste. Otherwise, I wouldn't have accepted anything to do with you."

(Manik) "What are you doing here?" I asked moving towards the apartment.

(Nandini) "To visit you" I almost believed her when she said it.

(Manik) "You mean to visit Navya. She would be delighted."

(Nandini) "I am here to visit you. I told them a later date at which I will be staying with them."

(Manik) "You are serious?"

(Nandini)"You were the one who invited me, right?"

(Manik's POV) I could have blushed like a kid. She is too frank for my own good. For a person who puts on different faces for different people, she is completely opposite of me.