Family Union

Seeing her leave, Rishabh couldn't resist asking, "Papa, are you really sure about this? I can do it."

Their Papa, Venkatesh Murthy, looked at him thoughtfully. "It may hurt your pride, Rishabh, but her business instincts are much better than any of you siblings. A pity that she became a doctor but I didn't want to restrict her interests. Fortunately, choosing her own career has not dulled her business sense but made it stronger with her moral values. In this current business world, people are looking more into ethics than profits. And her role in the beginning phase is more important for the image of the company."

Rishabh stared at his Papa with utter disbelief as he understood he couldn't argue further.

(Rishabh) "But, Papa, she has been rebelling. You realise she is strong headed. She didn't heed to your words before. She quit her job from the Hospital because a patient didn't want to listen to her advice of taking the surgery. And she didn't even come back."

(Rishabh continued) "She was back for the meetings . Besides that, she was not even here! She is not in the least regretful of her actions. She is unstable, fickle." VM glared at his son who has desperately been trying to point faults in his sister.

Seeing VM started, Rishabh felt intimidated. He bit his inner lips not to talk further. No matter how much he has a good relationship with his Papa, here, his great papa VM was still the Chairman of the company.

(VM) "Rishabh, I am not going to hear one more word from your mouth. I have been listening to this since you came in today morning till she entered. I have decided. She feels burdened by Murthy name more than any of you. I am going to relieve her of that burden. Don't force yourself to talk bad of the sister you adore. Since she has left, I think it is about time for you also to leave. You are dismissed." VM was completely irritated

(Rishabh with great difficulty) "Fine. Just one more question. Are you sure about her fiancé? She will go nuts, I tell you, if she finds out. He is not"

(VM shouts) "Rishabh! I don't care if she goes nuts. She knows what my answer will be even before you can even guess it. If she comes to like him and agrees to marriage, then she won't leave this business world that she hates so much. If she doesn't like him, then like she says, it is only for another six months. She can manage."

Rishabh looked annoyed. He didn't like the way Nandini was getting engaged and single again because of VM's hope that she would come to love someone. Whether Rishabh tried to protect her or offend her, Papa always had an answer for him.

(Rishabh in a loud voice) "Do what you like! She is your favourite anyway. You always made that clear."

Rishabh slammed the door as he left. VM saw him leave. No matter how reserved and controlled these siblings are, only in front of their closed ones, they lose control of their emotions. He didn't know if it was good or bad.

(VM in his mind) "Favourite daughter, he smiled at the thought. That she is". None of the children had the courage to be frank and open like her. The stubbornness and unyielding character of his, was solely and only inherited by Nandini. If only he could have persuaded her to take up business. But he had no intention of letting her away from the Murthy name. He will try any method possible to tie her to this world. Hence, he selected this fiancé for her. If what he heard from Cabir is true, then this is going to be fun. Both of them are equally matched in status, knowledge and pride. He wondered who will give in first.

(Nandini's POV)

I went back to my cabin.