29. Marshmallow

The reaction I got from the class was expected, they stared at me as if I had jumped down from a UFO. They murmured among themselves, as I joined at the end of the year. After a little introduction, the class starts. Classes went on one after another. I didn't talk with anyone, neither anybody tried to talk with me. Whenever there was free time, either I would write my notes or read a book. I was standing under a tree, waiting for the driver. Now I felt how Adam will use to wait for me. Kicking the snow under my feet, I was lost in a book when a 'beeb-beeb' sound distracted me. Closing the book I walked to the car, Adam was already in, I sat beside him into the back seat.

Without paying much attention, I resumed my reading. Hearing a sound I looked around, windows were closed. After a minute or two, I heard the sound again.

"Adam, did you hear anything?" I asked.

"No." He replied quickly.

I heard it again and this time very clearly, it was a meow of a cat.

"You brought a cat?" I asked.

He didn't reply, ignoring my question. I moved closer to him and saw he was hiding a kitten beside him.

"Adam!"

Lifting the kitten in the hands he showed it to me. "Look, it's a little Kitty."

"From where did you get that?" I asked

"From my school's playground."

"You cannot just randomly bring any animal from anywhere." I paused and continued. "Its mother might be searching for it."

"No, it was alone." He looked at me. "It's cute and lonely, how can I leave it alone." He pleads.

Again his drama began, I have to admit it's cute, white with blue eyes. I guess it's soft too.

"It's not me now to give you permission, ask brother," I said moving back.

"You like it." He brought the kitten close to me.

"I do, but from far. Do not bring it near to me." I said.

"Just touch it, it's soft."

"No, give it a bath first."

"It's not dirty," he said, patting its head.

Glancing at him once, I continued my reading. Its meows turned louder now. I looked at him through the corner of my eyes, he was kissing it.

"Adam, do not kiss it." I snapped closing the book.

"Why not?" He asked, holding it close in his wrapped arms.

"Because it is dirty and you'll get its hair in your mouth."

Wetting his lips, he said. "No, I didn't get any."

"Gross! Adam." I said, he shrugged.

When we got home, brother wasn't there. We were welcome by uncle butler. I should ask his name.

"What's your name?" I asked directly without any hi or hello. Did I sound rude?

"Abel." He replied.

"Ok," I said, went into my room and laid on the bed. Holding the phone in my hand, I was thinking about whether to call or not. Dialed the number, I was staring at the screen with my dancing thumb in front of the call button. She will not pick it up.

"Levy, how do I give it a bath?" Adam flew open the door and entered with the kitten in his hands.

Ending the call log, I opened Google to know how to bath a cat.