23. Goodbye

I woke up rubbing my eyes. There was an unfamiliar smell in the atmosphere. No, not unfamiliar but a familiar. I stood in a sitting position and wander my gaze around, scanning every detail where I was. I was in a room, a bedroom on a bed which was not mine. Having a little awareness about the room my heart raced. Tilting my head to a click sound, I saw Loren coming out of the bathroom with black jeans, a naked torso and a towel over his neck. My heart skipped a beat on this site and my stare began at his lean, muscular body. He didn't see me as his head was bent drying the wetness from his hair. When his eyes met mine, I quickly laid back on the bed covering my face.

This is weird and embarrassing.

I shouldn't be staring at him. Hearing the approaching footsteps my heart raced with its sound. He pulled me up by my hand. Removing my hands from my face he stoops towards me and lightly touched my wounded head.

I didn't feel anything when he touched my wounded forehead. Instead, I was busy with my stare. His body was too close, smelled like a cologne or shampoo. Whatever it was, it's the same smell as his coat which is good. It's the second time I'm facing him this close in this form.

He straightened, putting an end to my stare. I averted my gaze and looked down. Down to the floor.

It's hard to resist him. I thought then looked up at him as he spoke whilst gently removing my bandage.
"You wet it last night."

"Me? When? How?" I didn't remember anything that happened last night.

He bought a first aid box from a drawer and started putting a new one. I waited for an answer. When I didn't get any I spoke. "I ask you something."

"And I prefer to ignore it."

"You cannot just ignore it."

"I can and I am doing it."

"Loren, when did we come from the restaurant?" I asked, looking up at him

"You remember the restaurant?" He asked, focusing on tying.

"Yes, I-" my memory was vivid about it. When I tried to think of it my head hurts.

"You what?" He questioned.

"I don't remember."

"That's good." He finished tying the bandage and gave a quick Peck on my head.

Ignoring what happened last night, I was concentrating on the present. He had always been good to me, he teases me but cares too. Sometimes it's hard to understand him, but sooner or later you'll get the course of his actions. After keeping the box from where he took from, he put a shirt on and came to me.

With a gentle knock on my head, he asks. "Is your thick head hurting?"

His knock brought me out of my spacing state. The moment I think nice of him he called me thick head.

"No. My proper head is hurting, as I don't have a thick one."

He chuckled and went out of the room. I stood up to follow him. As soon as I was on my feet my head felt dizzy and surrounding rotates around me. What happened just now? My wound doesn't feel deep to cause such dizziness.

I sat and stood again, slowly walked out of the room. Loren was sitting on a stool near the food counter while reading a newspaper. I went and sat beside him where he dragged a cup of tea with a plate of toasts towards me.

"I don't drink tea."

Folding the paper, he placed his elbow on the counter, resting his chin on his hand.