09. Jacob my Knight

Our chemistry practical lasts half a day and it's lunch break now. I was so damn hungry as didn't eat anything since last night, neither dinner nor breakfast. Taking a deep breath, I and moved my heels towards the cafeteria. I stood in the doorway looking at the big hall with lots of tables and people sitting on their chairs around it. Surveying my eyes to find food counter, I saw people who were laughing and gossiping while others were just eating quietly. Each sight was giving me a new view. Woah! Those were throwing food on each other.

Just go in quickly, grab something to eat and you will be out like a whirlwind carrying food.

I scampered to the counter. Before I could buy anything, someone tapped my shoulder. On turning around, I saw Jeal smiling at me.

Why she has to be here?

"Hey! Come to have lunch?"

Of course, why would anyone come to the cafeteria? I thought to say but didn't instead, said. "Yes."

"C'mon then join us. I made some new friends." She insisted, pulling me by my arm.

"Wait. Hold on a second." I forced my heels on the ground to steady myself.

"Please don't say no they all are new to me. I want your company." She said with, please.

I sighed with a look saying: 'Don't make that please face.'

"Fine." I agreed.

Taking a tray with a plate of spaghetti in it, I sat along with 2 girls and a guy whose hand was crossed with one of the girl's hand. Jeal introduced me to everyone. Without paying any attention to her introduction, I started eating spaghetti to leave as soon as I finish. I gave everyone a look with a quick 'hi' and my eyes moved from their faces to the crossed hands.

Noticing my action, the girl spoke. "He is Rob my boyfriend." And gesture her free hand towards him.

He faked a move of removing a hat from his head, an invisible hat I must add. And gave me a look with quirked eyebrows.

Should I act like bowing to him?

"Ok." A simple reply from me and again, I was back to my spaghetti until another girl spoke.

"What's with Mr. Blake and you?"

My spaghetti almost jumped out of my mouth. Almost, as I managed to swallow it before it could jump.

I was appalled by her words. Trying to grasp my thoughts as my mind started to intellect things.

Why is she asking such a thing? What did she saw?

Jeal spoke instead of me. "What do you mean Bretha?" Confused on her question. 

So, she is Bretha.

I stayed quiet thinking: There is nothing between us except he works with me in my office sharing the same cabin.

"I wanna know too." Another girl,  girlfriend of Rob spoke now. "You slept in his cabin."

"I slept while doing my math work." I corrected her sentence not liking the way she presented it.

"So you did sleep in his cabin," Rob said, bending a little forward to face me.

What's the big deal? I was tired, that's it.

"What happened then?" Bretha asked, all excited.

"Is there something to happen?" I suspired.

"Ooh! Levy, he is-" Rob's girlfriend was saying something but was interrupted by a familiar voice that came from behind me.