When It Rains It Pours

Lauren

"WAIT WHAT!" Pepper yelled as she looked at the Custody and Divorce papers.

"I know." I said wiping tears as they fell. "Why is he doing all this shit to me."

"Well you did have an affair sis." Pepper said.

"I don't give a damn. Divorce me? Okay yea I understand that but don't take my fucking kids from me. I be damned if he's gonna' get away with this shit." I stood up from her couch and grabbed my car keys.

"Wait where are you going?"

"To find Ace and get my fucking kids back."

I hopped back into my Range and placed my seat belt on. I wasted no time calling Ace.

"Hello?" Ace answered.

"Where are you Antwan?"

"Lauren bye." He hung up in my face.

I instantly called him back. As I was waiting for him to answer I noticed grey clouds and little rain drops falling on my window.

"Answer this fucking phone." I said through clenched teeth. My hand gripped the steering wheel tightly when the phone went to voicemail.

As I was driving on the highway I texted Luke.

Me: Luke where are y'all?

I looked back and forth from my phone to the road. A couple of minutes later the rain began to fall harder and the sky turned black.

My phone vibrated.

Luke: with dad

Me: where?

I turned on my windshield wipers to clear some of the rain off my window. Traffic was getting heavy on the highway. Trucks were flying and cars were slowing driving in front of me.

I huffed in frustration. I checked my phone and saw that Luke didn't text back. I called Lexi.

"Hello?"

"Lex baby where are you."

"Huh? I can't hear you ma?"

"Where. Are. You."

"We're with Uncle T-" I heard Ace in the background. "Hang that fucking phone up."

"I gotta go." She said hanging up.

Sounded like she was about to say Uncle Tae. I was a couple minutes away from his house.

I switched lanes and stepped on my gas pedal speeding past the slow ass cars. The rain poured so hard I could hardly see.

As I was driving a truck jumped in front of me causing me to swerve a little. I tried to gain control of the wheel. As I was swerving across the road I felt a hard crash on the back of my car causing me run completely off the road and into the ditch. I hit my head on the dashboard and my eyes slowly shut.

Ace

Tae and I were smoking on his front porch.

"Mane I never knew Lauren would do that." Tae said releasing smoke. I just finished telling him the bullshit Lauren pulled on me.

"Believe it brotha." I said.

"Daddy Luke won't share his Doritos with me." Lexi said coming outside.

"Tell his ass I said share them damn chips."

Alexis laughed and went back inside.

"My dumbass thought she was gone' hold a nigga down until I got out of prison, but nah she moved on." I told Tae watching the rain as it poured.

"Damn." He said shaking his head.

"Dad your phone keep ringing." Alexis said.

"It don't matter baby girl. It ain't important." I told her.

"Okay." She said and walked back inside.

"Aye did you know Ginger had a wife?" I asked Tae finishing off my blunt.

"Hell yea. We all knew."

"Well my ass didn't know."

He started laughing.

"Pops I just answered your phone and-" Luke said.

"What have I told your ass about-"

"Mom is in the hospital. She got into a car accident."
*

*

*

We all rushed into the hospital. All as in the whole crew. Abby cried the whole way over here. Hell I even let a few tears out. Even though I'm still pissed at Lauren I just hope she's okay.

"Lauren Tucker." I said to the receptionist.

"Room 441 on the 6th floor. She's not awake though." She said.

We nodded and took the elevator to the sixth floor. We found 441.

"Only 2 people in at a time." A nurse said to us.

"Me and Ace should go." Abby sniffed.

Abby and I walked into the room and saw Lauren hooked up to all these machines. Her leg was in a cast, she had an oxygen mask over her mouth, and her head was wrapped up in bandages. She also had 3 stitches on the side of her face and bandaids on her neck. She was fucked up pretty badly.

The doctor came into the room. It was Dr. Smith. I mean mugged his ass. Just looking at him put a bad taste in my mouth.

He cleared his throat. "Im guessing your the husband."

"Damn right."

"Ace." Abby said giving me a look.

"I'm going to get straight to the point. Lauren has some brain damage from the impact of the wreck. She is slipped into a little coma. The coma shouldn't last but a week if by any chance she stays in the coma more than a week she could possibly die. She has bruised ribs, a broken leg, a few cuts, and-"

"Hold up go back. She could die?" I asked.

"Yes. If she doesn't wake up in a week."

Abby grabbed me and started crying in my chest. I hugged her while looking at Lauren laying there. I started feeling guilty for the shit I was putting her through. But you know what they say Karma's a bitch.