Tears

Abbygail

The sounds of Lauren screaming filled the 6th floor of Grady Hospital. I stood outside of her hospital room biting my nails nervously.

I wanted to go in there, hug her, and tell her everything's going to be okay but everything wasn't.

Her husband got sent to jail for 12 years and she just lost her daughter in one day. So much was happening to her all at once.

I felt bad that my sister was going through this. Especially alone.

Her crying and screaming got louder.

I swallowed hard and entered the room.

"Lo-Lo relax." I said wipping her tears.

She continued to cry and scream. I sighed and held her hand.

She went into early labor a hour ago but when the baby came out, she wasn't breathing. The doctors told her that she didn't make it and Lauren just broke down into little bitty pieces.

Lauren's face was red and her eyes were almost swollen shut from all the crying she had been doing today.

"Your going to turn purple if you don't stop crying and just breath." I told her.

She stopped screaming but she was still softly crying.

"I can't take it Abby." She said as her voice became weak.

"I know it's a lot to deal with. But you have to be strong for your two kids out there in that waiting room."

She just continued to cry. The door opened and the doctor walked in.

"Oh I'm sorry, was I interrupting something?" He asked.

"No. Not at all doc." I told him.

"Okay. Well I'm Dr. Smith. The doctor who delivered your baby." He said to Lauren. "Sorry for your lost." He added.

Lauren nodded and wiped her eyes.

"I'm going to go wait in the waiting room." I told Lauren.

"Okay."

Lauren

I was laying in the hospital bed feeling life less. I just lost my baby girl and felt like my world was over.

"Lauren? Did you hear me?" The doctor said.

"Sorry what did you say?" I wiped a tear.

"I said I'm going to be checking your blood pressure and your temperature. You lost a lot of blood and I want to make sure you're still okay."

I sighed.

He put a thermometer in my mouth and checked my blood pressure.

"Everything is normal." He said pulling the thermometer out my mouth.

He handed me a cup of water. "Drink some of this."

I did as told.

"You can go home tomorrow morning." He said writing something on his clip board. "The only thing I recommend is rest. Lots of it. Your body needs time to recover."

I looked at him and rolled my eyes. Pepper busted into the room.

"Remember what I said Lauren." Dr. Smith said walking out the room giving me and Pepper some privacy.

She ran over to me and gave me a tight hug.

"Ouch." I said as she hugged me.My body was still sore from all the pushing I had to do earlier.

"Baby girl I'm so sorry." Pepper said and I heard her crying against my neck.

I started crying a little too.

"How did Ace take the news?" I asked her.

"Not so good, not good at all."

I sighed. I can't imagine how bad he reacted. It killed me not hearing my daugher's cry when she first came out so I know it killed him just by hearing the news.

"Knock knock." Tae said coming into the room.

"What Tae?" I said.

"I brought you a strawberry banana smoothie from Smoothie King."

I did a small smile. "Thanks."

"No problem."

"Where are my children?"

"They are with Abby and Darwin." Tae said.

I nodded and took the smoothie from his hands.

"How you doing?" Tae asked.

I sighed. "Bad."

"Why?" He asked confused.

"Tae just shut the hell up and get out." Pepper yelled and pointed to the door.

"Okay okay fine. Bye sis."

"Bye." I said as he walked out.

My phone started ringing. I grabbed it and answered.

"Hello?"

"You have a call from-" I instantly pressed 1 knowing it was Ace.

"Lauren?" It sounded like he had been crying.

"Yes?"

"Are you okay baby?"

I let another tear fall. "Yea. I'm fine."

"I'm sorry I can't be there for you."

I sighed. "It's okay Ace." Just thinking about everything that happened today had me crying again.

"Nah Lo. Stop crying baby. You about to having me crying too, and I can't be crying like a little bitch while I'm in here."

I laughed a little and dried my eyes.

"Tucker times up." I heard someone in the background say.

"I gotta' go Lauren. I love you."

"I love you too."