Death never smiles pt 2

Start from the beginning

-back to reality (this was a flashback the whole time if you forgot the last chapter, this happened one week back)-

Tyler wouldn't leave his head. The tingles wouldn't leave his skin. His heartbeat wouldn't stop racing. It was fair to say that Ethan Nestor is head over heels for Death himself.

His incredibly sexy smirk, the warmth of his brown eyes, the way he threw his head back when he laughed – Ethan loved everything about him. But how do you walk up to the Grim Reaper, one week after he had to send his father to Hell and hurt him, that you really like him?

"I'm home," Tyler announced, and as always Ethan's heart warmed that he was able to call the same place as him "home". "Welcome back," he beamed. Tyler smiler – making Ethan's heart skip a few beats – and the blunette saw he looked so much better than the week before.

"I'm right up your ass!" Ethan growled, aggressively sweeping the controller left and right, bumping his car against Tyler's. Tyler smirked. "I'm the top here," he grinned, making Ethan blush like a madman. He smiled. At least Tyler was happy, he thought, although he was a little sad. When will I stop being just a "pet" for him?

Tyler sighed as Ethan got up and walked away. He closed his eyes with a sigh and fell back on the couch. Ethan...he was so thankful for that boy. Without him, he didn't know where he would be. He would probably be crying in a corner, mourning over his father. But Ethan pulled him on his feet and he could feel his sadness change into happiness. Of course, his father just died so he was sad. But Ethan helped him remember his dad wasn't worth of his tears and he had to move on.

How would he ever be able to show the younger boy how much he loved him?

"Ethan, I'm home!" he called out the next day. Ethan popped into the living room, immediately hugging Tyler. The older man, who was happily surprised, fell backwards. "Jesus Ethan, why're you trying to jump me?" he laughed with a wink. Ethan looked away with a pout – Tyler immediately thought it was the cutest thing he had ever seen – before he answered "I'm just happy you're home."

Tyler woke up in the middle of the night. He didn't know why, but he felt like walking towards his business. Normally he wouldn't want to be bored by the corpses, but now he wanted to see them. He had absolutely no idea why.

When he entered the room with bodies, one thing attracted his eyes. It was a girl, about his age. She wasn't surprised to be in a room with bodies, instead she was walking around and laying her hand on everyone's forehead. Tyler smiled. It seemed like he had found his successor.

"Excuse me," he said. The girl looked at him and he saw in her eyes that she had the same power as him. "You like judging people?" he asked with a grin when he saw how unpleased she looked that he disturbed her. "My name is Tyler. I am the current Grim Reaper. Nice to meet ya." "Amy," she said bluntly. "Well Amy, would you like to be Grim Reaper?"

Amy was probably aware of her powers because she immediately accepted his offer and shooed him out. He smiled – time to bring somebody some good news.

On his way home he called Mark. "Hey, we're going to get a new Grim Reaper. Get your ass over there and tell her the shit." He hang up immediately and ran home, not able to wipe the bright smile of his face.

"Ethan," Tyler yelled, running into the boy's room, earning a groan from him. "What is it Tyler? It's like midnight," he questioned with a yawn. Suddenly he got picked up by the older, who was spinning him around like he weighted nothing. He had the biggest smile on his face, making Ethan smile too. "What just happened?" Ethan thought out loud, but not disliking the feeling of Tyler's muscular arms around his waist. "Somebody arrived that has the same power as me! Meaning: we can return to the human world!" Ethan's smiled faded slightly at the thought of leaving Tyler and returning to his orphanage. He had been gone for three weeks and he was already more at home with a man who basically kidnapped him – no that wasn't true.