the end

Chapter 13

 The end!!

*Avalon’s POV*

She is just like I remember her. Breathtakingly beauty, I understand why my father fell for her the moment he saw her. My mother stands in the center of a tiny pond, in flowing, shimmering grown, with her arms wide in welcome.

“Oh mama.” I walk across the water and into my mother’s waiting arms.

She wraps me in her arms and holds my tightly, tears sliding down her flawless chocolate cheeks.

“I’m so proud of you, Avalon.” She strokes my hair.

“You’ve stood up to your father and you’ve followed your heart. You’re beautiful, smart, strong, and independent. You aren’t afraid to be yourself and you fight for what you believe in. You, your brothers, and your sister make me so proud, I’m just sorry I have missed so much of your life.”

I lean back to look at her, “Thank you mama, and I couldn’t have done all of the things I’ve done without you. When I am down or in a tight situation, I can feel you with me and I know I will never be alone. You’ve given me the strength to live.”

She smiles at me and looks the purple moon that hangs in the starless sky.

“I wish we had more time baby but it is time for you to go back to your world and me to mine.” She pulls away and walks me toward land.

She hugs me one more time, “I love you and I’m proud of you, tell your father that I love him and it is time for him to move on and find someone. Tell your sister and brothers I love them and are looking after them. Oh and one more thing.” She starts to fade away.

“Say yes.”

I gasp and sit up.

“Say yes?” I mutter under my breath in confusion.

“Avalon?” Aiden mutters sleepily from the chair on the side of my bed.

I look around and realize I’m in my room in Desmond’s mansion. Aiden is sitting in the chair next to the bed looking handsome and very tired.

“Aiden, when was the last time you slept? You look beat. Also how long have I been asleep?”

He rubs his eyes, “I don’t know a couple days and you’ve been out for three days. How are you feeling? Can I get you anything?”

He gets up quickly and starts hovering over me.

“Aiden honey, I want you to get in this bed and get some sleep.” I grab his hand and pull him down with me.

He tries to get up, “But you hurt,”

I pout, “Please, I’m fine Cass fixed me right up. Now please lay down.”

He slips into bed with me, hanging off the edge. I laugh and pull him closer, laying my head on his chest.

“Good night, Aiden.”

“Good night, Ava.”

*three days later*

Today is the big ball. Everyone in the house of running around trying to get everything ready, my father and Desmond have become very good friends. Desmond and Cass’s relationship keeps growing and everyone couldn’t be happier for them. My siblings have come for the ball and we have been catching up.

 I think Amora and Rico have been getting to know each other very well, if you know what I mean. And Aiden, well he has been ignoring me. Although it hurts a lot, maybe it’s for the best. After the ball my siblings and I can go home and I won’t have to see him again. The thought hurts, but I suck it up and pretend like it doesn’t hurt.

When it is time to get ready for the ball, I jump into the shower and wash my hair.

After blow drying my hair, I flatiron it and start on my makeup. I keep it simple and put on some black eyeliner and some red eye shadow. I take a red rose hairpin and twist a piece of hair back on the left side of my head, pinning it away from my face.

Satisfied with my makeup and hair, I put on my bra and underwear and grab my dress. I’ve got to say my sister picked out an amazing dress for me. It is a ruby red halter dress with black trim at the top with a big black ribbon that that wraps around the waist. Red and black fluff made the skirt which hangs to just above my knees. I slip into the dress and complete the look with a pair of shiny red pumps with tiny black bows on the back.

There is a knock at the door and I open it to find my father standing on the other side, looking dashing in his tux.

“You ready to go?” he asks, sounding slightly impatient.

I grab my purse and close the door to my room, taking my father’s arm.

“You look beautiful, Angel.” My father tells me, leading me toward the garden instead of the ballroom.

“Father, where are we going?” I ask curiously.

He smiles, “Just trust me.”

I allow him to lead me to the garden and toward the huge fountain. Aiden is sitting on the bench in front of the fountain, a single white rose in his hands.

I turn to my father questioningly.

“Go Angel; hear what he has to say.” He lets go of my arm and nudges me toward Aiden.

Wiping my hands on my dress nervously, I make my way toward Aiden, who stands when he sees me coming.

“Avalon.” He whispers my name soft and holds his hand out to me.

“Aiden.” I whisper back, placing my hand in his.

He pulls me down to sit with him, not letting go of my hand, “I know it seems like I’ve been ignoring you for the last few days and I’m sorry, it’s just that I’ve been so nervous because I want this to be perfect.”

He takes a deep breath, “Avalon, I love you. I know that I haven’t shown it in the best ways and for that I am sorry. I want to make it up to you and prove to you that you are the one for me.”

He gets on one knee, “Avalon, will you be my girlfriend?”

I stare at him and smile, nodding, “I would love to be your girlfriend.”

He smiles and hands me the rose. I set it gently on the bench and stand up, bringing him with me.

“I love you, AidenWolfe.” I press my lips to his, wrapping my arms around him.

I hear cheering behind me and turn to see the entire guest list from the ball standing outside cheering for us.

I turn and smile at Aiden, “Now let’s go enjoy the party.”