She always gets her man

Chapter 9

She always gets her man

Chapter Song: Good Enough- Evanscence

*Cass’s POV*

Humming under my breath, I glance at my silver wrist watch. Groaning, I let out a defeated sigh. At this time, I usually go and clean Desmond’s office because he is at lunch or a meeting right now. However, I am reluctant to go to his office because I feel uneasy being in there after my last few encounters with Desmond in there.

 Suddenly feeling worn, I drag my feel to the kitchen to grab a rag and wood cleaner to dust his desk and bookshelves. Not bothering to knock, I walk right into his office and scream dropping the bottle of cleaner and the rag. Desmond and Kate, the Princess of Water Fae’s, pull apart from their kiss. Kate smirks at me while Desmond hastily tries to button his shirt. Quickly averting my eyes, I pick up my cleaning supplies, stammer an apology and flee from the room.

*Desmond’s POV*

I watch Cass run from the room and turn to glare at Kate, who is smart enough to wipe the smirk off her face and try to look innocent.

“What the hell was that Kate?” I growl.

“You know you enjoyed it Desmond, let’s face it. Everyone knows you want that silly little maid but we all know she isn’t good enough for you.” She runs her hands over my chest and up to my neck.

Scowling, I grab her wrists and move her away from me. “That’s a lie, if anything I’m not good enough for her.”

There is a gasp at the doorway which makes me look up and Cass is standing there, a rag clenched to her chest. Kate scowls at Cass and starts toward her. I grab Kate’s arm.

“Stay away from Cass and this house unless you are invited. Now leave.” I push her toward the door and watch as she stomps away, her face red.

I look over at Cass, who is still standing in the door way.

“I umm came back to tell you off, but then I heard what happened.” She avoids looking about me, her cheeks turning pink.

I walk toward her, never taking my eyes off of her. Gently, I pinch her chin and tilt her head up.

“Cassandra, I am so sorry for the way I have been treating you lately, you don’t deserve that. When I said I changed my mind, I didn’t mean for it to sound the way it did. I said that because when I broke it off with you, I did it because I thought you deserved better than me. You’re beautiful, smart, and kind. Although I know you don’t notice, all the guards fall all over themselves over you. That’s why I was jealous when I saw you talking to Clark. I regretted breaking it off with you almost the minute I did, but I couldn’t ask you back because I still didn’t feel good enough. But now Cass, now I feel good enough. If you will have me, I’d be honored if you took me back, however; this time I want to let everyone know I am dating the most beautiful woman in the world.” I kiss her cheek.

“I really do care about you, Cass. If you give me one more chance I can prove it to you I promise. Just…” she puts her fingers over my lips.

I stare into her eyes nervously and she smiles at me, “I’ll give you another chance.”

I whoop and spin her around in a circle, “Thank you, thank you!”

She smiles and mutters, “I love you.”

She freezes and my eyes widen, a huge grin spreading over my face. I kiss her deeply, wrapping my arms around her. Pulling away I bury my head in her hair, “I love you too, Cassandra.”