Stupid is as stupid does

Chapter 7

Stupid is as stupid does

Picture Perfect-Chris Brown

*Desmond’s POV*

I absently stare out the window, unable to get Cass off my mind. She has been ignoring me all day and earlier I saw her flirting with one of the guards. Scowling, I clinch my fist, cracking the case of the pen I’m holding. When I saw him talking to her, I just wanted to rip off his head. There is a knock at the door and I just grunt, still facing the window. The door opens and I immediately know its Cass. She walks up to my desk and waits for me to turn around.

She bows, “Good afternoon, my lord.”

I nod and watch her flip through her folder. She pulls out a piece of paper and hands it to me, careful not to let her hand touch mine. I take the paper but continue to watch her.

She fidgets under my gaze, “Umm it’s your schedule for this week,” she blurts out nervously.

“I saw you talking to Clark,” I say bluntly watching her for her reaction.

She looks surprised, “Yes, I was talking to him about security for the Royal ball next week.”

“Oh, it looked like you guys where flirting and getting a little intimate.” I say causally, taking a seat at my desk.

“Intimate?” she says slowly as she narrows her eyes.

I nod, “Yes intimate, you were touching his arm and laughing and he hugged you. I don’t think it would be wise to get in a relationship with him, seeing as if something goes bad, you would have to see him every day.”

She opens her mouth and closes it again, her face turning red.

I spin away from her and look at out the window, “You’re dismissed,” I wave a hand over my shoulder toward the door.

I hear a gasp, and a lot of indignant muttering, before I hear her stomp out the door, slamming it behind her.

I run my hand through my hair again, why can’t I just keep my mouth shut?

*Aiden’s POV*

Walking toward my father’s office, I go over what Avalon said to me yesterday. Even though I won’t admit it to anyone, her words hurt. Shaking my head, I scowl. How dare she say those things to me? She thinks she knows me, when she knows nothing of my life.

Cass stomps past me muttering angrily under her breath. I raise an eye brow and start to ask her what is wrong, but decide against it when she throws me a look that could freeze fire. Putting my hands up in a gesture of peace, I watch as she scowls at me and walks away muttering things about men under her breath.

Man there is something wrong with the woman in this house. Shaking my head, I knock on my father’s door and wait for him to invite me in before entering.

He is sitting at his desk, his back to the door and shoulders slumped. Turning in his chair, he scowls at me, “What do you need, Aiden?”

I bite back a sigh, “Yesterday Avalon disrespected me and I won’t stand for it.”

He laughs at me, “Yes, she came and told me yesterday about the conversation she had with you.”

I raise an eyebrow, “And? Did you punish her for disrespecting me?”

He snorts, “No Aiden, I didn’t because everything she said was correct, I picked her to be your maid because I thought she could handle it, and so far she is doing a stunning job. You’re just upset because she isn’t afraid to stand up to you and doesn’t fall for your bullshit.”

I gape at him, anger rising up in me. Seeing my expression, he rolls his eyes, “Aiden you just don’t get it, please leave I’ve a lot of work to do.”

Scowling, I stand and stalk out of his office, slamming the door behind me. As I walk back to my room, I think of ways to get rid of Avalon. A devilish smile curls my lips, she doesn’t stand a chance.