Video games and bestfriends

Chapter 3

Please comment and like!

 *Avalon’s P.O.V*

I close the door and lean against it. Aiden is so full of himself! I chuckle; proving him wrong will be fun. I walk over to the mirror and scowl at my reflection. I’ve never really liked my appearance. But I wouldn’t tell anyone that, everyone always tells me how pretty I am but I don’t see it. Turning my head away from the mirror, I look around the room. Black, silver, and green are my favorite colors, the room is the room of my dreams. My old room was pink, (the only color I hate) because my father thought I needed to me more girly. I sigh sadly and flop down on the bed. My father, King of the Elementals, was always overbearing, if we are being honest, it was always obvious he didn’t love me, hell he didn’t even like me too much, but he needed an heir, and I had been the best choice. My brothers are too young and my sister isn’t the brightest crayon in the box.

 At first I had gone along with my father’s plans, I never really had any desire to be Queen but I love my people. But when my father told me he arranged for me to married the Prince of Elves, an arrogant asshole who is a dictator and known womanizer, I couldn’t do it. My father does not like being told no so he didn’t take it well. Ok that was an understatement my father flipped out and had me locked in the dungeons until I “came to my senses”. I sat down there for days before I realized he wasn’t going to let me out. So I told him I would marry Jax, Prick of the Elves. Later that night I pack a bag full of money, and clothes and left the only place I had ever known.

When I got captured, I lost my bag. I may be powerful but when they got me, I was too weak to fight much. I could leave here but I have nowhere to go. Here I get free food and a place to live; I don’t see the harm in staying here for a few weeks.

The next day

*Aiden’s P.O.V*

“No! No! No!” I laugh as my best friend, Rico, throws down the Xbox controller, after having died for the third time while play Dead Space 2.

“Man, those little zombie children get you every time.” I clap him on the back and turn off the game.

“Wanna watch a movie?” I get up off the couch and walk over to my DVD collection.

“Sure you pick the movie while I teleport down stairs and grab a bottle of synthetic blood,” He teleports out the room.

There is a knock at the door, “Come in,” I yell without turning away from the DVDs.

The door opens and I instantly know its Avalon, honeysuckle and vanilla, is her scent.

She walks up behind me and waits for me to turn before bowing in her weird way.

“Good morning, Aiden. I hope you slept well.” She says softly and sweeps a lock of hair from her eyes.

“I slept fine.” I say absently as I slowly rake my eyes over her body. Today she is dress in a short black and red skirt, and a black tank top with a silver skill on the front. Hanging from her neck is a silver locket, and pecking out of the top of her tank top is what looks like a black star tattoo. Her long hair is pulled up into a lose ponytail, and a few pieces of hair escape and curl around her face.

She smirks and puts her hands on her hips, “You done looking yet, or would you like me to take a picture.”

Rico chuckles in the doorway, where he is leaning against the wall, a bottle of synthetic blood in his hands.

“So this is your new maid,” He rakes his blue eyes over her body and licks his lips.

“I like her.” He bows and kisses her hand.

I growl and she laughs and takes her hand back, “I’m Avalon, but you can call me Ava.”

He smiles, “I’m Rico, but you can call me Dr. Love.”

She laughs and shakes her head, ponytail swishing, “I’ll stick with Rico.”

I scowl at the two, “We were about to watch a movie Avalon, what do you want?”

Rico frowns at me and Avalon rolls her eyes.

“I’m here to see if you need anything and to keep you in check.” She smiles sweetly.

Rico laughs and I continue to scowl, “I’m fine, so you can leave now.”

Rico nudges me and looks at Avalon, “Or you could stay and watch the movie with us, Ava.”

She smiles widely at him, “What are you guys watching?” she asks taking a seat on the floor, her back leaning against the couch.

Rico sits next to her on the floor and looks at me, “What are we watching, Aid?”

I glare at him and stalk over to the DVDs, “How about Aliens?” I ask pulling out one of my favorite movies.

Rico rolls his eyes but nods and Avalon smiles, “I love that movie, I use to watch it all the time with….I mean I’ve heard it was a good movie.” She finishes quickly, blushing and looking away.

Rico and I share a look but say nothing. Popping in the movie, I dim down the lights before I take a seat on the other side of Avalon. Halfway through the movie Avalon is asleep on my shoulder, her breath fanning against my cheek.

I find myself watching her sleep more then I watch the movie. Rico keeps sneaking peaks at us but doesn’t say anything. Finally the movie ends and Rick and I sit in awkward silence listening to Avalon breath.

“She’s really pretty.” He says causally.

I shrug one shoulder, “She’s ok,” I lie through my teeth.

He snorts, “Dude, she is sexy as hell, I’d tap that in a second.”

I growl and he laughs, “Is someone getting a little attached to their new maid?”

I open my mouth and answer and Avalon starts to mumble and moan. We both stare as she thrashes and moans.

“Please no, I promise to be good, please don’t send me back to the dungeon.” She mumbles into my shirt.

Rico gently shakes her, “Ava, it’s just a dream.”

She screams and jumps into my lap, wrapping her arms around me and burying her head in my neck.

Hesitantly, I wrap my arms around her as she tries to calm her breathing. Suddenly looking embarrassed, she jumps out of my lap and into her feet, smoothing her skirt down.

“I’m sorry; I didn’t realize I talk in my sleep. I’ve umm got to go.” She rushes out of the room, closing the door behind her.