Here goes nothing

Chapter 10

Here goes nothing

It's gonna be me-N Sync

*Aiden’s POV*

I grab my clothes and quickly get dressed, sad that my run didn’t help make me feel better. Walking slowly back to the castle, I try to think of some way to get Avalon to be mine. Somehow my feet end up taking me to Avalon’s door. Rising my hand, I knock twice. Avalon answers the door and her face goes blank when she sees me.

Nervously, I run a hand through my hair, “Can I come in?”

She steps back and I awkwardly step into the room. Silently, she sits on the bed and gestures for me to sit next to her, her face still blank. I gingerly take the seat next to her on the bed. Turning to her, I take a deep breath.

“I was way out of line earlier, actually I’ve been out of line with you from the beginning and for that I am sorry. I was hoping that we could start over. Maybe we could get to know each other and become friends.” I look at her hopefully.

She stares at me, her face void of any emotion, eyes searching. Slowly she nods and gives me a little half smile. Smiling widely, I stand and pull her into my arms, excited to learn I have another chance. At first she stiffens, and I, blushing, start to let her go, when she wraps her own arms around my waist and hugs me back.

My skin starts to tingle and my heart pounds, having her in my arms is one of the most amazing feelings I’ve ever experienced, and as you can probably tell I’ve had some pretty amazing experiences. I hear her gasp and pull away from her to look at her face. Our eyes clash and hold, her lips part slightly and I bite back a groan. Focusing on her parted lips, I lean in slowly, not wanting to scare her. She tilts her face up and goes up on her toes, bringing our lips closer.

Taking the hint, I bring her body against mine and kiss her. Though my hold on her is gentle, our kiss is fierce and urgent. Her hands slid up my arm and around my neck. Tightening my grip on her waist, I back her against the wall. Breaking the kiss, I trail tiny kisses along her jaw to her neck. She moans and tangles her fingers in my hair.

“Aiden…” She gasps my name and I freeze.

I pull back and look at her face, her lips are wet and swollen and her cheeks flushed.

“I’m sorry.” I stammer quickly, suddenly horrified that I had jumped her that way.

She frowns, hurt flashing in her eyes, I let her go and back away.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have jumped you like that, I mean you just agreed to be friends and I jump you.” I back away toward the door unable to look at her face.

“I’m not.” She says walking toward me.

I stop and look up at her, confused, “You’re not what?”

She stops before me, “I’m not sorry,” She flashes me a wicked smile before she grabs the front of my shirt and pulls me to her.

And we are in the middle of the best kiss I have ever had in my life when Cass bursts into the room with my father right behind her.

Cass stops suddenly, eyes wide and Avalon groans and steps out of my arms. Blushing, I step away from Avalon and try to smile at Cass, who is now blushing as much as I am. My dad simply raises an eyebrow and smirks at me.

“Umm Hello My lord, hello Cass, how are you guys today?” Avalon stammers.

My dad smirks, “We are good, but probably not as good as you guys.”

Cass chokes, tries to cover her giggles with coughs, and hits my dad in the stomach. He grabs her hand and kisses it, then whispers something in her ear. She blushes bright red and pushes him away playfully.

Ava and I look at each other, eyebrows raised. 

“Is there something you wanted to tell me, Cass?” Avalon says looking between my father and Cass.

Cass blushes again and opens her mouth to speak when the door opens again and Rico walks in.

“Avalon, we have a problem involving your father, he…” Rico cuts off when he sees us all starring at him.

“Umm hey everyone, that was rude of me, just umm busting in like that,” Rico nervously scratches the back of his neck.

“It’s alright Rico, I trust them.” Ava smiles at him.

He sighs in relief and finishes what he was saying, “Umm you father just upped the price to get you back by about 100,000 dollars and jewels, and now anyone caught hiding you or helping you will be persecuted.”

Avalon pales and her eyes widen, “Oh no, I have to leave.”

She runs around her room gathering her stuff, muttering to herself.

Rico shakes his head and grabs her arm when she passes by him, “You can’t leave, he will find you and hurt you. I won’t let you go out on your own.”

My dad clears his throat, “What is Rico talking about? And who is your father?”

Rico looks at Ava and Ava swallows hard, “Darius Storm…”

My dad’s eyes widen, “You mean King Darius, the King of Elementals?”

Ava nods looking really distressed, and my eyes widen, “That means you’re a Princess.”

She nods and Rico looks at her, “That also means your “engaged” to Jax.”

She scowls, “I refused to marry him, and my father got mad and locked me in the dungeon. I lied and said I would marry Jax and then ran away.”

My father looks enraged on her behalf, “That is total bullshit.”

Ava shrugs, “He’s done worse in the past, the main reason I ran away because I decided it was time I made my own decisions. Besides when my brothers get older they will make stunning Kings, and my father loves them already.”

She goes back to packing then pauses to look at Rico, “Thank you so much for offering to help me but I can’t allow you to get more involved in this then you already have.” She smiles at him and pats his cheek.

Then she turns to my father and Cass, “Thank you so much for being so kind to me and taking me into your home. I’m so sorry for lying to you and I hope you understand why I had to lie.”

My dad shakes his head, “No Ava your like family, we can’t let you go off and face danger on your own.”

Rico nods, “Besides, it’s obvious what you need to do to stop your father and reclaim your birth right.”

We all look at him, curiously, “Well duh, you have to marry Aiden of course.”

Avalon just stares at him, while the rest of us smile at him.

“That’s a great idea, Rico!” Cass says beaming at Avalon.

My dad nods at a stunned Ava, “That is the perfect solution; by law you would get your title back and overthrow your father. Also we already love you and consider you family, why not make it official.”

Avalon is still starring at him in shock, “Umm why don’t you guys leave Avalon and I to talk?” I usher everyone out of the room and turn back to Avalon.

She is sitting on the bed head in her hands; I swallow nervously and go to sit down next to her.

Here goes nothing.