1- To LA

"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."

-Albert Einstein

------------------------------------------------------

Alice's P.O.V

"Alice, let's go!"

My mother continued to holler and scold me as she and I continued to frantically scurry down the never-ending airport hallway in a desperate attempt to catch up with my father. He was already halfway down to our boarding hate in a matter of minutes, while the unnecessary baggage my mother was clutching weighed her down and made her as slow as a turtle. I, on the other hand, was only 14 and has a reasonably unarguable excuse of my slow pace.

People shot my mothers looks as she flew down the aisles in a frenzy, her arms flailing and her luggage clanking against the floor. Any onlooker must get the impression she was insane by the appearance of her perturbed exterior.

Finally, my dad reached our boarding gate and stood impatiently as we struggled to reach him. I thought for sure we would miss our flight to LA; traffic to O'Hare Airport was bumper to bumper and incredibly irritable. Of course, the strong will and determination of my parents had caused us to sprint through the airport, whirling past food courts and boarding aisles in order to race against the clock.

"Flight 306 to LA leaves in 1 minute,"

The vindictive and mocking voice of the announcer sent a rush of adrenaline surging through my veins and I went he'll bent for leather down the hallway. I focused my attention on the fluorescent sign reading our flight number and felt my heart jump a little inside each time the timer next to it shot down another second. Shops flew past me in my mad dash for the boarding gate, and my feet came to a screeching halt as I nearly slammed into my father.

With 46 seconds to spare, the three of us raced past the benches and practically threw our tickets at the flight attendant waiting at the mouth of the plane entrance.

"You're the last ones on board!" She shouted, clearly taken aback by our sudden presence. "Um... Let me show you to your seats."

Out of breath and hunched over, I filed into the plane behind my parents as the boarding gate closed behind me. Suspicious eyes wavered over me as I passed by the countless rows of seats. Strange glances bore holes into my mind as I started to squirm around from all the unpleasant and judgemental looks my parents and I were receiving.

I silently thanked the flight attendant as she gestured to thee seats in the back of the plane. I took a seat at my parents carefully reposed their bags in the luggage carriers atop our heads before plopping down next to me. I let out an obnoxious sigh of exhaustion.

As if on cue, the pilot began speaking about safety and turbulence, but I drowned him out and closed my eyes as my head thumped against the back of the seat.

I knew very well that my parents and I were flying out to LA to see my great aunt and make up for all the lost time since our last visit, but seeing Aunt Bea wasn't really the reason for my excitement and anticipation. I mean sure, it'll be nice to catch up with my long distance family, but LA was also hosting an Ender's Game convention on Saturday. I've done a quick a Google search on the event, and was ecstatic when I read that Asa Butterfield, the handsome 16 year old British actor who had started in that movie was going to attend.

For the past year I've had the biggest crush on him, even if I refused to admit it to my friends. Asa's striking blue eyes had put me under his spell from the second I saw him in his movie Hugo a few years back. Obviously he was younger back then, but Asa's extraordinary acting skills, colorful personality, and mesmerizingly good looks had caused me to fall head over heels for him. As soon as I heard we were going to California, I constantly fantasized about what it would be like if I got to meet Asa Butterfield at the Ender's Game convention.