Chapter 18 ~ Forcefully Caged

Start from the beginning

            “Shut up,” I gnarled, shoving Luke against the lockers. My wolf had finally broken free, my fangs elongating, baring fiercely towards Luke. I just barely heard Dan snicker as my fist tightened around the collar of Luke’s Ashington football jersey, my claws threatening to tear into his flesh.

            “Chill man,” Luke tried to say calmly, but his voice rising in fear. “What’s got you so hot headed? It’s just Blarez,” he said, his words breaking into my mind.

            “Oh, I’ll tell you what’s got him so freakin’ aggressive,” Dan tore in, looking almost excited to spill what he had on the tip of his tongue. Before he could open his mouth, I snarled at him, releasing Luke. He didn’t even wince as he kept his smirk but closed his mouth. Luke’s eyebrows came together and he opened his mouth as if he was about to ask when the bell rang and I stormed away from them before anything else could be said.

***

Splashing cold water onto my face, I leaned against the sink as I stared at myself in the scratched and chipped mirror in the boys’ bathroom at school. My wolf was tearing me up on the inside, practically clawing his way through me. I had seen KC sitting on Justin’s lap at lunch, the two of them talking quietly to each other and sometimes with KC’s friends who were also at the table. Why did I freakin’ care?

            “I hate her,” I whispered to myself, repeating it over and over again through gritted teeth, trying to get myself to believe I still did. “She’s worthless,” I continued, gripping the sides of the sink. I was surprised they hadn’t shattered already from my tightening grip.

            “She’s not my mate,” I growled, forbidding myself from accepting it. I would not give into that low-level she-wolf. I was far stronger than she was; I could play her game just as well as she could.

The bathroom door suddenly swung open and the scent that haunted me floated in, making my body rigid. Converse clapped against the tile floor.

            “Whoops, this isn’t the girls; bathroom,” KC’s voice was sickly sweet, echoing in the small bathroom. I glared up at her, a sly smirk on her face. From only a few feet away, she looked hotter, her blue and black attire reminding me of something of the magical world.

            “What do you want, Blarez?” I demanded, denying my wolf that was aroused by just her presence. She chuckled, her captivating eyes glimmering mischievously as she took a few steps closer, crossing her arms. I gulped, my eyes involuntarily flickering towards her accentuated chest.

            “Oh, Mister Falon, it’s not what I want,” she purred, slowly walking closer to me, her voice mesmerizing. She came up behind me, gently wrapping her arms around my waist. Her hot breath fanned against the crook of my neck as she leaned her head in, her lips brushing along my ear. “I think it’s what you want,” she whispered, nipping my ear. A shiver traveled down my spine, my wolf tamed, relishing the warmth and attention of my mate. She giggled while her hands moved up to my chest. She placed a soft and tender kiss just behind my jaw.

A sigh managed to escape my lips, my fingers beginning to crack the porcelain of the sink. She was killing me. She sighed, goose bumps racing along my arms.

            “Too bad you harassed,” her nails broke skin, making me wince. “Crushed,” her claws flicked out, tearing deeper into my flesh, forcing a pained moan. “And rejected me,” she dragged her claws from the center of my chest to under my arms, drawing blood. The porcelain sink broke from my grip as I used it to support myself when my legs felt weak. I glanced up at KC’s reflection in the mirror as she pulled away from me, her claws disappearing from the tips of her fingers.

            “You could’ve had a chance, Damon,” she cooed, her eye flickering from black, to silver like her wolf, to steel grey like her normal shade. “But when you called me pathetic, that’s when you shattered any forgiveness I had buried deep down,” she growled before disappearing from the mirror’s angle. Her converse-cladded feet echoed against the tiles until the door swung open, her footsteps fading away.

I cringed as blood seeped through the ten long, deep scratches that decorated my skin from my center to my side, staining my white shirt red. The werewolf healing process was slow to begin because I had been caught off guard from KC’s seductive technique.

I growled at myself for giving into her, for letting her get close to me, but her touch seemed to have coursed through me, making me more instinctual than man. She was toying with me, her Alpha, and I despised it. It was my turn to hit her hard, where her only weak point was, and just like me, it was both our strongest and weakest traits.

Our wolf instincts.