Chapter1

Symoné POV
Growing up as a child, I've always wanted to live my mothers lifestyle. Three kids, good job, good house, decent amount of money and most importantly, a good man.

I've always wanted the same thing but also a man that could keep me safe at night. A man that could hold you tight.

I thought my fiancé was like that, Austin.

When I first met him, he was the sweetest guy that I had ever met. He had his good grades, smart guy and was really good looking. We were what people say, 'high school sweethearts'. We'd always go out on dates and whatever.

After High school, we went our separate ways. I'd always think about my first true love. We reunited again after university and, fell in love.

This time it was real. We moved in together and he decided to pop the question last month. So you could say I've known Austin since high school.

Outside the house, that's the Austin you'll see. But inside, he's horrible. He's always coming home late smelling like beer. He's always abusing me in some kind of way.

I thought I loved this man. I thought he was my life. I wanted to have kids with him and spend my whole life with him.

But no.

I feel like escaping. I feel like a child again. It's how my mother used to say. When your finished with school, you come home straight away. That's how it is with me and Austin. I come early to cook and clean. Then he comes late.

"I want you home before 4:30." He helped me zip up my dress.

"And that is because?" I furrowed my brows.

"I don't want you hanging around your so-called best friend." He said referring to Ashley.

I rolled my eyes but kept quiet.

"Okay?" He looked at me through the mirror.

I slowly nodded my head.

"Great, I'll call you." He smiled at me.

I hate his ass so much.

Getting my phone, I went near the window in order to get some light. I then went on snapchat and took a selfie to begin my day.

 I then went on snapchat and took a selfie to begin my day

Getting my shoes, my phone began to vibrate. I went over to it and saw that Ashley was calling me.

Ashley and I have known each other for a long time to call ourselves sisters. Austin doesn't like her though, he thinks that she's a bad influence.

She's not a bad influence. It's just that he wants me home early so that he can start abusing me.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey girl!" She shouted through the phone.

"Hey." I semi smiled.

"Okay, so we're finishing work a little early today and we're going to yours." She said.

"Erm..okay." I nodded my head.

"Okay, I'll see you later. That's all I had to say.".

After saying our goodbyes, I hung up. After slipping on my heels, I walked downstairs and retrieved my stuff.

After getting myself together, I walked out of the house closing the door behind me. I got inside my car and started the car.

"Time to start the day.".
*
*
"Y'all did what?!" I furrowed my brows.

"We sorta..kinda..got this super..hot..guy to sing for..you?" Emily, a co-worker, twisted her mouth to the side.

"Oh my gosh! You know how Austin is!" I covered my face with my hand.

"Ladies, is there a problem?" The guy walked over to us.

"N-no, not at all. We would like you to start?" Ashley grabbed my arm and we sat on my couch.

He smiled at me and began singing. And yass, he can saaaang! To be honest, I was lost in the moment. His voice was to die for!

Just as he was holding my hand and kissing it, Austin walked in the living room.

"Austin..?" I quickly removed my hand.

"Ladies." He nodded his head and smiled at Emily and Ashley.

"Hey." Emily smiled.

"Whatever." Ashley rolled her eyes.

"And you are?" He looked at the guy.

"Charles. I was booked to sing for your fiancé. Congratulations." Charles shook hands with Austin.

"You guys better go." I looked at the 3 of them.

"Yeah, I want some alone time. Just me and my baby." Austin came behind me and wrapped his arm around my waist.

I nervously chuckled.

After they left, he walked into the bathroom. He ran me a hot bath with bubbles inside.

"H-h-how was your day?" I stuttered.

"Fine." He said without emotion.

After he removed my dress, I stood there.

"Bend down and look at the reflection of yourself in the bath." He told me.

I did as I was told.

All of a sudden, his hand gripped on to my neck pushing my face into the water.

"SO YOU WANNA GET ANOTHER NIGGA, BRING HIM INTO OUR HOME SO HE CAN START KISSING YOU UP? SINGING FOR YOU?!" He shouted.

I tried shouting, kicking and everything but his grip was too strong.

"Bitch you gotta be careful! I don't fucking play!" He said through gritted teeth.

He let go of me and pushed me on to the floor. He walked towards me and slapped the shit outta me.

"Your not my fiancé, your not anything. Your just a piece of shit!" He looked at my body.

I thought he was gonna do what he was attempting to do. But instead, he spat on me.

I watched him fix his collar and the buttons on his blazer. He looked at me one last time before walking out.

My body just laid there. I was feeling all sorts of emotions. Pain, anger, sadness and many more.

I just need to get out of this place before it's too late. Before it's time for me to be laying on my deathbed.