Epilogue

Zayn's Pov:

You never know when the right time is to let someone new in. You can never know if letting them in is gonna become a mistake. We make mistakes to learn from them. We get hurt to teach us not to do it again. I had my heart broken. I know everyone says that at some point but for me that sentence was the truth. I went on a journey with someone I thought I could trust. Someone who taught me so many lessons. Someone who taught me the way I was feeling wasn't something to be ashamed of. He taught me that it was alright to be who I was. He taught me I didn't have to be afraid of love. Through all the fear he was there. He was by my side when I came out. He made me learn that being gay wasn't a choice, It was who I was and that was the end of it. I thought he'd always be there. He'd always be part of my life for that reason, I just never thought he'd leave it by breaking my heart in half. He cheated on me. What made it worse was he did it with someone I considered a friend. A good friend. I found them in bed together and I swore to myself that day that I'd never let someone close enough to hurt me like that again. That type of pain I never wanted to experience again.

Niall. Niall was unexpected. Niall walked into my life and tore down every barrier and wall I placed in his way. He never gave up. He never walked away even when I didn't make it easy. Even when my actions possibly hurt him. Without wanting to I fell inlove. I fell for him and it scared me. I didn't want to get hurt again, I couldn't get hurt again. How could I love someone who in the end would hurt me? I didn't want to lay awake at night questioning what it was that I'd done to deserve it. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't hold him back. I couldn't stop him from getting through my walls. From Niall I learned that love didn't have to hurt. I learned that not everyone out there is gonna break your heart. From Niall I learned how to fall inlove again.

Music brought us together. Music spoke the words I wasn't willing to say. Music always does that. In a song you can pour your heart out and not be scared that people are gonna judge. All the emotion you feel inside you can pour into a song and not have to keep it inside. Music spoke the words to Niall that I wouldn't. For my show case performance I sang a song to him that said everything I wanted. It told him what I felt because I didn't think I could do it. Everyday I learn something new from Niall. Evereyday I fall inlove with him all over again.

Myself, Niall, Liam, Louis and Harry took Ed's advice. We started singing together and like he predicted it worked. We started off busking on the streets. From there videos were uploaded onto Youtube and we started to build up a fan base. We worked our asses off and eventually we got signed. It was never about becoming the next big thing. It wasn't about making money. It was the music. Three years after meeting him we now share our dream together. I smiled to myself as I watched Niall behind the glass screen recording a song.

"Sure you won't regret giving that line up?" Liam asked, I gazed over at him and shook my head.

"Nah. Niall sings it better anyway" I replied, Liam smiled.

"You've been thinking about him all afternoon" Liam commented, I raised my eyebrow.

"How'd you know?" I questioned.

"Becuase you always get the oh 'Niall's so amazing look at him eyes' whenever you think about him" Louis teased, I rolled my eyes.

"Oh leave him alone. If you had someone like Niall you'd get the same look in your eyes" Harry said, Louis slapped his arm. "You know what I mean" Harry added, Louis scoffed before smiling brightly.

"You know, I can't remember if I ever thanked you" I was looking at Liam. "You gave me the kick up the backside when I needed it" I looked back at Niall who smiled at me through the glass. "If you didn't, I don't think I'd be here now. I definitely wouldn't be inlove with someone like him" I said.