Chapter Ten

Heya guys here's the next chapter of the story, Really hope you like it, Leave me your feedback.

Zayn's Pov:

This isn't supposed to be happening. Things aren't meant to have gotten this far. Maybe I'm overreacting here, Maybe nothings actually going on I'm just imagining it because I'm scared? Oh who am I kidding somethings going on. Niall and I are getting closer and closer, It's impossible not to let Niall in, He's just this carefree person who wouldn't hurt anybody, You can see that if you actually got to know him, But my hearts so fragile and I'm so scared no matter how nice or trustworthy the person is I just can't bring myself to trust them. I could see in Niall's eyes that he was confused, Either confused or hurt about why I didn't let our moment go further, How could I? How can I learn to put my heart out there again it's just going to get broken and I can't take that anymore, I can't take another heartbreak. I sighed as I read over the crumpled sheet of paper Niall had thrown in the bin, It had the lyrics' Show me how to fight for now and I'll tell you baby it was easy coming back into you once I figure it out, You were right here all along' Niall couldn't figure what else to do with those lyrics so he threw the paper in the bin, Without him knowing I stole it, The words touch me I can't explain why they just do. 

I want to push Niall away. I want to push him away so there's no risk of me getting hurt, But I just can't do it, I physically can't push him away. It started out as the only thing I would have is a new friend but now feelings have worked there way under my skin and they won't leave. This wasn't supposed to happen. I don't wanna be afraid but I've hurt so much before I don't know how to not be scared, Maybe I can work around this? If I fight my feelings for long enough maybe they'll go away? 

"Zayn you look like the weight of the whole world is on your shoulders, And don't think of telling me there's nothing wrong and it's just this virus because I share a room with you and I haven't gotten ill so I know for a fact you aren't ill, So what's going on? And why haven't you been going to class?" Liam stated as he sat his books down on the desk.

"I've been avoiding Niall" I mumbled, Liam shook his head.

"Why? He's been asking about you you know" Liam replied.

"We sort of had this moment thing" I whispered.

"What moment?" Liam questioned.

"The other day after we all played football. When Niall and I were outside he showed me more lyrics and they were lovey ones, We did our usual banter and be brought up the topic of first love I told him not everybody has good experiences with there first love" 

"You told him about Craig?" Liam asked, I shook my head.

"No, But he asked me to think about doing a love song, And when I said I would he basically jumped in my lap, I fell back and well we just had a laugh together that's when we sort of shared a little moment. It was as though it was just him and me nobody else but I got scared so I broke the moment apart, I stood up and then pulled him to his feet our faces were inches apart Li and I cowered away again, I'm scared about getting hurt and I don't want to let him in, That's why I've been pretending to be ill, I don't wanna see him" I explained, Liam sighed.

"Zayn not everybody out there is like Craig, There not all going to hurt you or break your heart. Niall's a brilliant guy  and he cares about you, For the past few days he's been asking non stop about you" Liam informed me.

"I'm scared Li, And I don't know how to get over it" I whispered, Liam sat down and placed his arm around me.

"Fears a way of life Zayn. Nobody goes through life without being afraid of something but that doesn't mean you turn and walk away, If you do that it will always be looming over you. We all have to face the things that scare us the most, Your fear is of falling inlove so maybe Niall's the one that helps you overcome that fear" Liam exclaimed, I sighed before lowering my head.

"I don't wanna get my heartbroken again I can't handle that" I said.

"You can't not fall inlove Zayn life doesn't work like that. Niall could be that one who won't break your heart but you don't know because your not giving him the chance, What are you waiting for Zayn?" Liam questioned, I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know" I mumbled, Liam shook his head.

"Well you need to figure it out mate and fast because Niall's coming over later because he's worried about you, Don't push him away he's a brilliant lad" 

What Liam said it makes sense but everybody knows it's easier said then done. I know how amazing and kind Niall is, But I can't help my fear, And I know one day I'll fall inlove again but I'm afraid to do it, I can't help it. My hearts been broken so badly I'm afraid that if it breaks again it will never mend. Fear is a big part of life he's right, But it's also one of the hardest things to overcome, I don't know what I'm waiting for I suppose it's my fear holding me back all the time, I shook my head as a knock echoed off the walls, I knew straight away it was Niall, I slowly made my way to the door before opening it, My eyes then landed on Niall's face and he had a smile on his face.

"Hey, How you feeling?" He asked.

"Abit better yeah, You alright?" I questioned, Niall nodded his head before closing the door, I walked over to my bed before signaling for Niall to sit down. 

"So I've come up with a verse for a song and I want you to check it out. Then I want you to write one and we can mix it all together" Niall stated, I nodded my head. 

"Yeah that sounds good" I said.

"You sure your feeling alright Zayn?" Niall asked.

"Course I am" I replied, Niall shook his head.

"You don't look like it, Infact you look like you need a hug, Come here" Niall stated as he pulled me into a tight hug, I didn't bother pushing him away this time, I just allowed him to hold me in his arms. "Zayn whatever is bothering you you can tell me, I'll do whatever I can to help. I care about you alot" Niall exclaimed.

"I care about you too. But I just I-" I sighed before shaking my head, I didn't say a word after that I only let Niall hold me, I then slid my arms around his stomach, We laid like that for hours until I finally fell asleep with a thousand and one things on my mind, I want to let Niall in I really do but I can't help the fact that I'm scared, I don't think my heart can take anymore heartbreak.