Chapter 26

Hope's P.O.V-
I couldn't help but chuckle under my breath as I watched the small girl's eyes widen as we entered the bakery.
After two hours of shopping and countless trips past the shop door, I finally gave in after admitting I had never had a macaroon. But if I'm being completely honest I didn't mind at all, I loved watching the way her eyes lit up at the sight of the treat. She was so innocent and I was determined not to let anyone else hurt her. But I was quickly ripped out of my thoughts as she sat down across from me pushing a small box in my direction.
I stared down at the multicolored things in front of me knowing she would not take her eyes off of me until I tried one but I didn't want her too. I knew it had to be killing her inside and I would be damned if I let a chance to tease her go to waste.
She must have noticed the game I had begun because within seconds her hand had found its way to my knees disguised by the tablecloth surrounding us.
I could tell she was becoming overwhelmed and I couldn't stop the smirk from finding it's way to my face.
When I saw the door open tearing my attention from the brown eyes in front of me.
"Hey, guys!" Morgan chirped as she entered the shop and I restrained from rolling my eyes. I don't know why but something didn't feel right.
"Hi, Moe." I sighed as I patted the seat next to me and played 'nice'. I knew how much Meghan wanted us to get along, and how could I deny my princess what she wants, I thought as I popped one the treats into my mouth.
"Hey, Meg!" Morgan chuckled as she stared down at the girl who seemed to cower in her presence.
"Hey," Meghan whispered and I could see the light I loved so much leave her eyes as she played with her hands in her lap kicking my instincts into overdrive as I glared up at the midfielder.
I think she could sense this because she tensed up within seconds of my eyes landing on her.
"Well, I just wanted to say hi." She recovered as she smacked a smile on her face before nearly tripping over her feet as she made her way to the door, and Kling let out a sigh of relief.

"What's wrong?" I asked defensively reaching across the table to grab her hand.                                    "Nothing."                                                                                                                                                                   "Meghan."                                                                                                                                                                                  "I don't know, Hope!" She nearly yelled before lowering her voice, once she noticed all of the eyes on her, and turning her attention back towards her lap. "I don't remember."

Alexis P.O.V-

"You ok Mal?"
"Yeah. "
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah."
"Ok, I was just worried." I brushed it off making sure not to let the older girl see just how to hurt I was before heading towards the kitchen.
"Someone's cranky." I chuckled.
"I'm not." She sighed. "I'm just stressed."
"I thought the stress was supposed to stop when you left school?" I joked earning a glare from across the room but I didn't mind. As much I don't like to admit Mal is cute when she's mad. Her slightly pouted lips and puppy dog eyes. I can't see how Press could ever tell her no.

"Very funny." She shrugged as she sat across from me at the table after stealing a few grapes from my bowl. "How ya doing?" She asked clearly in a better mood then she was seconds before. 

"Better."

"You should get out you know?" She suggests as she attempts to catch a grape in her mouth, and failing as always causing me to chuckle. 

"Huh?"

"I mean like out the house," she joked. "You need to chillax."

"I dunno, I guess" I shrugged, "I don't even know where'd I'd go though."

"Shhhhhhhhh." She whispered as she made her way to me placing her finger on my lips, "Mal pal knows the way."

________________________________________________________________________________

I'm back baby! Let me know what you guys think!!!