Dates Are Like Expensive Ways To Spend Time With Someone You Love

You spent all Friday day,talking with Hazel and Annabeth about what to wear.Well mostly just Hazel while Ann teased you about Percy and kept up with the 'I told you so's.You would've had Thalia over but ever since her an Luke became a thing at the end of the school year,you've decided one staying away from them until the exit the 'honeymoon' phase.Too bad you were about to go through the same thing.

It was almost five in the evening,an hour before Percy picked you up.You spent the past two hours having Hazel pick out your outfit and doing what she called 'light make up to keep things simple',you think that just meant mascara and eyeliner.

After she was done making sure you looked like,in her words,'Percy's goddess',you looked in the mirror.Your hair was styled how you wanted it,but the rest of your attire was Hazel's creation.You wore a black knee length skirt with matching black combat boots,a red loose tank top covered by a leather jacket.Your make up was what you expected except for the dark maroon lipstick.

"Dont you think this is a bit...out of character for me?"you asked,looking at Hazel.

"Nope.You look like a goddess.A badass one at that and besides,its a date.You are supposed to dress up."she corrected.

"If you say so."you said,looking back in the mirror.You smiled at your reflection,regardless of whether it was 'you' or not,she still did an amazing job.

"Dates are like expensive ways of spending time with someone you love."you heard Annabeth say and you laughed.

"Oh shush"Hazel told her and stood up,walking over to you."You look amazing."

You turned and hugged her,"Thanks Haze.I owe you"

"Nah you dont.Just make sure this date goes well and my outfit wasnt created for nothing"she comments,pulling away.

"Will do"you smiled.

Fourty minutes passed and Hazel and Ann went home,leaving you to wait for Percy.You played with your phone until a familiar black and navy motorcycle pulled up.

Percy looked like he always does,but somehow,better then usual.He had all his peircings in;his eyebrow and lip peircing and his gauges.He wore a black band shirt under a worn out denim jacket,black torn skinny jeans,and black converses.He looked model worthy to say the least.

After he took off his helmet,you walked over to him.He looked at you for a second before saying anything.

"Well damn,you look sexy as hell babe"he commented making your cheeks heat up."You already won me over but you still dress to impress."

You saw the smirk playing against his lips as he reached for one of your hands.

"You look pretty nice yourself,Jackson"you said as he laced his fingers with yours.

"Ready for our date?he asked,pulling you closer to him as he leaned against his bike.You nodded and pulled your hand away to grab your helmet he gave you a few weeks ago.After sutuating yourself behind him on his bike,you two were off.

***

You honestly had no idea what to expect for your date.All Percy would tell you was at some pint you two would go eat,he didnt mention the carnival you were now standing in.

He was currently leading you to a ride,as you glanced around at the rest of the entertaining spectacle.Dodging a few groups of kids and adults here and there,you and Percy finally made it to your first ride.You two sat in the long line,waiting for your turn.

"You do like carnival's right"Percy asked,over the loud crowd and background noise.You nodded,smiling.

"Yeah,my parents used to take me as a kid."you answered and moved up with the rest of the line.

The ride was short but nonetheless,fun.Percy tugged you along to a few more rides and games before deciding to go eat.You two ended up at a pancake resturaunt a few blocks from where the carnival was being held.

You sat down across from Percy in the booth but before you could look at the menu,he had stacked them both on his side of the table.

"What?I cant eat?"you asked.

"No,I've just already decided for both of us."

"And whats that?"

"Blue pancakes"he said with a smile.

"Blue?Why blue?"you asked taking a sip of your drink.

"Because I love blue and so thats what we are gonna have.Plus these are the best pancakes around."he said.

"If you say so."you added,waiting for your food.

Once your food arrived,you both dug in.Lets just start off the record with saying,Percy can be wrong and quite often he is;but when it came to these pancakes,he wasnt.They were amazing.

Another thing is,manners are important,but when your date is pouring syrup on his pancakes in a smiley face pattern then shoving the whole thing in his mouth at once;they arent always needed.So what turned into a dinner date,changed into a pancake eating challenge;which in the end you lost.

***

It was late and you were at the park,leaning against a tree beside Percy.You both were watching the stars and the occasional fireworks that came from the carnival.

"I've had alot of fun,Percy"you said leaning your head on his shoulder.He wrapped his arm around your waist securely and laid his head on yours.

"Me too,Princess."

Sitting in another spell of silence,you quickly remembered something.

"Oh yeah,"you said sitting up,"Leo quit lifeguard practice.Something about 'being too busy'." Honestly,you knew he was lying.Leo quit because of wanting you and Percy to be together,and Callie's dad offered Leo a job of helping Cal in his family-owned autoshop.

"So that means I get the job right?"he asked,already knowing the answer.

"Yup.You are officially Olympus' lifeguard starting tomorrow".

Percy smiled and wrapped his arms around your waist,pulling you back beside him.

"But no more checking out the waitress there."you demanded and heard him chuckle.

"Deal."