East (4)

Victoria:

I woke up to the sun shining through my windows leaving shadows sprawled across my floor. I sat up against my headboard and scratched my head. I stretched my arms yawning during the process. After heavily considering not leaving my bed today, I finally decided to get up and get ready to go to the Hilltop.

I stood up from my bed and pulled up the same pants I wore yesterday. I grabbed a new bra from a dresser next to my bed and clipped it. I took off the old shirt I had on and put a loose fitted purply-maroon colored long sleeve shirt. I slipped my feet into my combat boots.

I grabbed my watch from the nightstand that read 8:03 am and wrapped it back on my wrist. I walked over to my vanity and grabbing another hair tie; I pulled my hair up into another high ponytail. To liven up my face, I decided to add a touch of mascara, because why not. I have to look good to impress all of the hot dead guys walking around.

I grabbed the pair of aviator sunglasses that were on my desk and hung them on my jean's loop. I walked to the far end of my room and opened up the door to the small bathroom. I quickly went and brushed my teeth. When I finished, I walked out and closed the bathroom door behind me. I walked over to the bedroom door and knocked twice. A new guard was stationed outside opened the door.

"Goodmorning, Victoria. Your father has informed me that you will be taking a trip to the Hilltop today?" The guard asked.

I nodded.

"Yes, I am," I said.

The guard nodded.

"Follow me. I'll take you down to the lot. Your father has a car packed up for you." The guard spoke motioning me to follow.

I followed the guard to the 2nd floor of the factory. Only my father and I and any of his higher up men had access to this level.

From it, you could see the entire main floor of the factory where the lower class families traded and stayed.

I spotted Daryl in the middle of everything mopping the floor wearing a ratty old sweatshirt with the letter "A" painted on in dark red.

As he was cleaning, he looked up to pause, and the two of us made eye contact. He stared emotionless at me as I followed the guard out the door and down the fire escape staircase.

"Morning sunshine." I heard my father call from below. He walked over to me and pulled me tightly into his arms.

"Good morning," I replied pulling away from his suffocating hug.

"I have your car right here, fully packed." My father said walking over to the roofless black Jeep Wrangler.

"Nice." I grinned excitedly to take this for a joyride.

"Don't get any ideas, Victoria. STRICTLY for driving to the Hilltop and back." My father assured.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," I said hopping into the driver's seat of the jeep and blocking out my dad's safety speech.

"There's food and water in the backseat along with an extra change of clothes. Also, you have an automatic gun on the floor of the passenger's seat if needed for EMERGENCIES ONLY. You also have a knife and a handgun there too." My father ranted.

I casually ignored him for the only thing I was excited to take this baby off roading once I was out of sight of the sanctuary and the nearby outposts.

"Victoria, are you even fucking listening?" My father asked crossing his arms.

I snapped out of my daydream and looked at him smiling.