Still (2)

Victoria:

"Well, I gotta pick somebody!" My father shouted throwing his arms up in the air. "Ain't this fun, Victoria?" My dad asked turning around to face me.

I lifted my head and forced myself to flash a smile.

"Everybody's at the table waiting for me to reward them!" He laughed as he began walking over to me. "Stand up, now." He growled through his teeth.

I forced myself to my feet. My dad walked back towards the middle of the group, and I followed closely behind.

"Victoria, I simply cannot fucking decide!" My father laughed wrapping his arm around my shoulder. Then, he lifted his head, and a large smile grew on his face. "I got an idea." He says. "Victoria, you will choose, but I get to do the honor, sounds fair right?" My father grinned.

My heart sunk and a horrible sick feeling hit me like a train. My dad reached out and held out his Lucille for me to take. I looked up at him, and he still had a large smile on his face. Shakenly, I grabbed the bat from him. I stared at the bat in my hands and couldn't help but think that because of this stupid baseball bat; another human being was going to be killed, and I was picking who. I walked towards Rick and paused.

"Eeny..." I said pointing the bat towards Rick.

"Meeny...Miny...Moe." I continued the nursery rhyme as I went down the line.

My heart was racing. I've never been so disgusted with myself in my entire life. I feel so weak and vulnerable. Who was I to take one of their lives? This isn't right what we do. I don't even know why I feel this way. If this were any other group, I would jump at the opportunity. What the hell is wrong with me?

"Catch...A tiger...By...It's toe..." I said pointing the bat at a black woman with her black hair tightly pulled back.

"If...He hollers...Let him go..." I frowned pointing at the man with short curly brown hair.

"My mother...told me," I said pointing at Carl.

"To pick...The very...Best...One." I continued.

My blood was pumping through my veins. My adrenaline was making me shake even more. I walked passed Rick, the sick woman, and paused in front of the red headed man with the long mustache. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"And you...Are...It," I finished pointing at the redheaded man. My heart dropped into my stomach.

My father walked up behind me.

"Nice work, honey." He grinned.

My body was frozen. I couldn't move. My eyes were fixed on the ground. I couldn't even look up.

"I'll take that." My father laughed grabbing the bat from my hands. "You might wanna take a step back." He chuckled nodding towards the RV.

I turned around still looking at the ground and walked over to lean up against the RV.

"Anybody moves, anybody says anything, cut the other boy's eye out and feed it to his father and THEN we'll start." My father began. He smiled, "you can breathe, you can blink, you can cry," he said, raising the bat. "Hell, you're all going to be doing that." My father's bat crashed down on the man.

"WOAH. Holy shit, he's taking it like a champ!" My father laughed.

The man confused and in shock looks up at my dad, flashing somewhat of a frown.

"Suck. My. Nuts." The man said to my father.

My father struck him again and again, repeatedly bashing his skull in.