8: The beautiful memories

Začít od začátku

"Going for a run" He sniggered "Down my road?" She looked over at him pulling her eyebrows together then lifted her head proudly as if to say 'don't spout bullshit in my ear.'

"You don't own it" She replied sharply.

------------

"What are you doing?" He practically yelled at her, she didn't bother turn to face him but instead continued painting his wall. "Excuse me, Miss?" He threw his things on to the couch and joined her at the wall where she looked at him as if she had just noticed he was in the room. He stared at her, not sure if he was the one over reacting or is she was just bonkers.

"I don't like brown" She reminded him. He nodded his head with a sarcastic laugh and then pulled the paintbrush from her hand looking down at her,

"You can't just come in here and paint my fucking wall" Carter looked down at her with intense eyes, he wasn't angry but he was in shock. He knew she wasn't exactly miss social butterfly of the decade but no one in their right mind just goes and paints someone else's wall because they don't like the colour! "Do you realise I have important documents in here? You could have ruined them! The carpet? Everything? You can't move my things and start painting because you don't like the colour of the wall in my office" Beyoncé turned to face him, completely unaffected by his words or tone of voice. If anyone were to walk in they probably would have thought this man was telling off his daughter or something.

"You don't like it" She glared at him. Carter pulled his eyebrows together and she elaborated, "You don't like the colour of this wall, I don't like the colour of this wall and so when I woke up this morning knowing I was going to have to see it I decided to paint it instead." Her explanation made complete sense to her. She didn't see one flaw in her thought process and in all honesty didn't understand what his problem was either. The wall was ugly, so she's changing it. Carter continued to watch her and for a moment was about to rip her head off. Things weren't that simple! You couldn't just wake up in the morning and decide you were going to do something like this, you had to plan, you had to fit it into a schedule. A part of him was angry at the fact he felt as if he could never do such a thing, he would never act in such an impulsive way while the other part of him was angry that she had the balls to come and do something he's really been meaning to do for a while. With a sigh, Carter removed his jacket and hung it on the hanger near the door then took the second paintbrush and began painting over the wall.

"What colour?" He asked her. The two of them continued stroking the white primer on the wall when she turned her head to him and pointed over to the paint bucket at the side of the room. "Blue" He observed, recognising the colour as his favourite.

"Teal" She corrected sternly

------------------------------

" Beyoncé!" The voice yelled from behind the door, "Beyoncé!" It yelled again. She was in such a state that she couldn't focus on the voice but instead the voices in her head yelling murderer over and over again. The door swung open and was closed shut again as the figure ran into the living room and looked down at her- a spare key was hidden in the plant pot. He looked down at her with sad eyes and knew what she needed, "Beyoncé" Carter called, she recognised him fully but didn't bother to stop screaming at the voices telling them to stop. "I'm so sorry" He said to her, she assumed he was sorry about what had happened but soon she found out she was wrong. Instead he was sorry for reaching down and pulling her into a hug,

"No!" She screamed even harder, kicking her legs and throwing her arms about but he didn't let her go. He couldn't. "Stop stop! Carter! No! Stop!" Her body flipped around the way Eli did on the couch last night and then she stopped moving and dug her nails into him as she clung to him tightly.